Posts by Armin

I used analogue up to now - tried the SPDIF - did not work for me.
    -Less output level
    -More 'fizzy' sound
    -A lot of other unwanted noise

Anyone here with a working Alesis?

Tried another cable does not work - other device (Drum Computer used to work fine).

[quote='mets196986',index.php?page=Thread&postID=21951#post21951]Armin:
    Thank you so much for your home page. I had a problem with two files I downloaded (2 Profiles). I cleared out the internal memory ect till I just got the tuner. I then
    had the option to reinstall factory presets. I chose that. I then took a chance to install the files I thought where bad it did and they in fact where

I think the factory ones are up to date.

Its always a good idea to export (not backup) all files - so every single profile can be imported.

Maybe the AxeFx can do stereo profiling or if it's connected to the existing amp/cab block - two profiles at once ... some competition ...

On the other side - I prefer the single amp profiles to any not so great sounding double amp models :D

Yes, each amp sounds different - but I found that when I profile an amp (at the same setting) and only change 'return level' or the level of my preamp or the mic placement - I get different output.

Unfortunately seams there be no such thing as normalize after profiling (or it works not for me) and I have only one LED to set the level right in the first place - would be much easier if we would have an accurate level meter for profiling ...

Please, for us power amp/cab users, it would be great to have some factory supplied profiles (both preamp only and preamp and power amp) done using a good quality line out.
    I have managed to do a few using my amps and a palmerpdi03 using the direct outs and it has worked very well but I have access to a limited number of amps. This way I was able to capture the 'whole amp' without the speaker. It does work better than the cab removal feature for us old timers who are not looking to go down the FRFR route.
    I am sure it would help entice many more power amp/cab users into the kemper fold if more 'direct' profiles were available.

Does the 'Total Cab bypass' trick not work?
    I thought by this can every amp be used for real cabinet use ?(

Today I profiled my Koch StudioTone via the inbuilt loadbox and direct out.

First:
    The profiles sound THIS close to the output of the loadbox regardless if I profile the clean channel, overdrive or overdrive plus - it was spot on all the time. :thumbup:

Second:
    The profiles sound quite nice - when I switched cabinets to use some real cab's it sounded strange - maybe I am just used to the DI sound - I'll check it again tomorrow

I like this idea!

btw. I found that the KPA clean up is more natural than the AxeFx II clean up.
    The AxeFx II adds a lot of highs when I turn down my guitar volume.
    I added a condenser above the volume pot in order to NOT loose highs when I turn down the volume.
    This works great for my tube amps but since the AxeFx seams to add also additional highs - it was to much.

The KPA reacts more like my tube amps - but yes, sometimes it cleans up to fast or to slow (in most cases to fast).

IMHO is the reason for the great sound improvement KPA vs AxeFx not the underlying amp modeling but the interaction of all components.

The AxeFx concept must model the amp and cabinet separately - and then trying to simulate the interaction with parameters like speaker impedance, speaker distortion and many more.

The KPA can capture all this in context and adjust the remaining differences during the refine process. By this we come this close to the real thing.

When profiling amp and speaker in two steps - then we loose all this - and even worse, do not have any of the AxeFx parameters to compensate e.g. the wrong speaker resonance.

The result may sound nice for some - but the level of realism is not even on AxeFx level.

For a great KPA profile we need all amp, speaker, microphone, placement, room, preamp,... to be great - and that is the reason why a lot of the stock profiles sound this great.

As for my profiles:
    I do the same and in addition do I create many profiles of each amp(many mics, settings, all channels...) - and need about one week for a set of them.
    If this is worth the price of a set of guitar strings has everybody to decide for himself. It looks as if a lot KPA users love this service.