Posts by Armin

L6 Vetta was below 80 tabs - and worked as well - I created some additional speaker and microphone filters for the Vetta - and they sounded fine.
    All this was 2004:
    http://www.soundside.de/shop/V…20on%20the%20DI%20Upgrade

256 points - if the value is really the number of tabs in the KPA speaker sim - is not very much - but we don't want to capture the room - only the speaker.

In this case could the Cab block alter frequencies down to 172Hz - all below will pass thru but unaltered by the cab block. - it's not true that low frequencies are cut of or whatever.

When I captured some IR's (from acoustic guitar body's) I found that some part of the IR was stored into the cabinet block and another into the Amp block - both together sounded fine.

btw. the AxeFx started with 512 tabs - but use 48Khz sample frequency.

2007 was all this discussed here:
    http://www.setbb.com/axefx/viewtopic.php?mforum=axefx&t=1706

If you read that thread then you can find that Cliff stated that 512points are fine - "1024 do not sound any different".
    The AxeFx II has 2048 points - that was discussed very controversial between Cliff and Jay later - and ended in Jay being banned from the Factal forum ....

btw. I don't care about the number of IR points - as long as it sounds right :rolleyes::D

btw. I just posted this final comment after one month of comparing the AxeFx II, VB101 and KPA in the 'G3' thread in the AxeFx forum:

"One month later ....
    AxeFx II and the Torpedo VB101 are sold.
    I profiled some of my tube amps and got never anything remotely close from any other digital box.
    Spend much more time playing then tweaking now - ok, and some time profiling....
    Miss some of the great AxeFx effects - and look forward to AxeFx III :-)"

The thread was deleted a few minutes afterwards ...

We have not very much information about the technical part of the KPA:
    DSP power
    Memory (not even how many rigs we can store)
    Used AD and DA converters

It's interesting that in the AxeFx forum is a discussion about all this - with some 'answers':
    1) It's a low performance DSP
    2) The cabinet modeling has no nonlinear or dynamics processing
    3) The cabinet has only 256 point IR's (compare 2048 in the AxeFx)
    4) Modeling is only a basic EQ - waveshaper - EQ

Is this true?
    I don't know - yet

Do I care?
    My tube amps are all old tech - but sound great.

And whatever is inside of the KPA - the sound results (amp and speaker simulation) sound by far better than any other digital box - maybe my ears are also old tech - but the KPA sounds much closer to all my tube amps.

Update (2012/2/4):
    -------------------------
    #1) --> Not true - > It's a current dual core DSP
    source (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C30GRsANwqg 8:50)

#2) ???

#3) --> Not true - check page8 (Amp & Cabinet works without any IR's)

#4) --> Not true - check Kemper FAQ / manual

I found that after profiling (still in the profile mode) I never had this problems.
    When I turn back to browse I get it sometimes - and sometimes just after I switch to another rig (right after profiling).

So I profile - and check the profile - change rig - and back - and in case all it's fine - then I continue with the next profile.
    If I got this high level junk - I go back and profile the same again - by this all my entries (amp, cab names ...) are still there - after this is done I delete the old profile.

This all is a pain in the a...

(I thought it happened in case I turn the knob to fast from profile to browse - but it happened also if I turn and wait ...)

I profiled ALL the AxeFx 'amp demo' prestes (00-41) and all the other presets I liked in my AxeFx II - all are tag'ed with the amp- and speakermodel names.

In case the same models are available for the KPA then - in most cases - I prefer the KPA profiles of real tube amps / real speakers.
    But some of the AxeFx amps are not available for the KPA yet, I like to combine some Axe speakers with KPA amps and AxeFx amps with KPA speakers as well.

In addition can I carry my old AxeFx II with me - in the KPA :D

I am never sure if the return level from my mic or preamp has the right level.
    Some kind of level display would be very helpful.

Yes, I know the KPA reports in case the level is WAY to low or clips the return - but a level meter would be much better.

Yes, that's would be great.

The KPA has a lot of EQ's today - I often setups like this EQ - AMP - EQ - CAB - EQ

Even more than an EQ in the CAB block do I miss the tonestack switch to get it before the AMP - yes, I repeat myself :D

Some kind of basic bass and highend shelf filter in the CAB block would be great as well - but on the other hand - I just move the mice until it sounds right :P

When using a submixer if you want to use two mics or a condenser it all depends on your mixer of course. The mackie VLZ1202 that i am using is ok, but i guess the KPA mic preamp would give even better results.

Yes, I agree - I found that the KPA mic preamp works great for profiling - I use external preamps only with condenser mics now.

Yes, it's great that the KPA can capture the Red mode of the JVM's OD1/OD2 channel - the amp noise is almost as loud as the KPA test signal - and it still works great.

The funny thing - the profile via the KPA has less noise than the real amp :thumbup:

In this (German) video the same questions was asked and the answer was 'it's not planned - yet'.

I am sure the priorities are more to fix bugs and add missing features - and that's good IMHO.

I have owned the British pedal - old version with out the speaker sim switch.
    It was a great backup pedal direct into the PA - but it created to much unwanted low end (for my taste) - so I sold it.

KPA can deliver much better Marshall sounds IMHO.

And in addition on the older firmware the KPA reported 'Clean Amp Detected ....' in case I use 'Distortion' to profile any clean amp - that's not the case anymore - at least for the amps I profiled last time.