Posts by Armin

Yes, everybody is free to profile their amps post them for free - the same is true for speaker impulses, synth patches and so on.

But there are also synth patches available for sale - as well as collections of speaker impulses - and now profiles.

I'll post some free profiles in the next time as well - but IMHO are my sets different - I try to carefully capture the sound of the amp in all available settings, channels, switchers ...

I need about one week for a profile set (not just one SM57 before the amp and one shoot).

If this is of value for someone or not has everybody to decide themselve.

I got the message 'External Amp to noisy' during profiling the red lead channel of a JVM - even at gain = 12:00.

Yes, the red lead channels are noisy :D

The only trick I found was to profile at gain 10:00 and then increase the KPA gain by hand.

It's the first amp I profiles which maxed out the KPA distortion.

I remember that in older firmware the clean profiling part consisted of two 'noise' steps - while the distortion profiling got 3 steps.

In the latest firmware I have 3 steps all the time.

Is my memory bad or is it a bug (yes I could install the old firmware to check - but I am to lazy)

Yes, that button - but this will not work on all firmware versions.
    The < and > should work always - as immediately after you hold and press the buttons and then switch to tuner (before you see any boot progression bar).

Does it display anything in case you press (and hold) the system, rig or quick buttons?
    These buttons pressed during the boot sequence reset different stuff in the KPA - this will be displayed before 80% is reached.

If you get no other message then I expect that some connection cables are loose or whatever - you need to send this box back.

Since we are both no native speakers - it's important to hold < and > ALL the time not only to press it once and then turn the switch.
    The message will be displayed immediately - before the KPA boots.

If you hold the keys and turn the knob and nothing happened then the keys may be defect or whatever - can you activate the maintenance mode (hold softkey 1 = top/left obove the display) while starting the KPA?

Even if you put NO usb stick into the KPA - it should display 'booting and installing form usb device'.

All you need to do is:
    1) switch the KPA off
    2) press and hold all the time the two buttons < and >
    3) while still holding the two buttons switch the chickenhead to tuner
    4) Now you should see the display message

Good question - I also wondered about the limit - did not find anything about it in the manual.

I have 379 rigs in my KPA .

Only stock ones and my own ones - since I am afraid to crash my KPA again with some hexeditor modified profiles.

No crashed anymore :)

Another way is to sort by name but this would mean we have to rename all rigs e.g. the first two characters - and then a blank
    Fe (Fender)
    Ma (Marshall)
    MB (Mesa Boogie)
    En (ENGL)
    An additional sorting option 'categorie' would be nice.

I like to sort by 'Author's Tag' to find my own profiles - or e.g. the profiles from 'Peter Fischer' as fast as possible - and don't want to override this tag.

Sometimes when I turn - slowly - a encoder - e.g. NoiseGate or ReverbMix - suddenly the value jumps a big step e.g. from 5% -> 60%.

Anyone else?

'never used the drive block in the AxeFx so much - today I tried the TubeScreamer in the KPA - and I like it!

If you have not used it yet - check it out.

Demo

TubeScreamer->Marsh Profile->StereoWidener->Delay-Reverb (no noise gate)