Posts by Armin

As with all similar products:
    You can freely use this profiles to create any kind of music, soundtracks or even #1 hits or whatever you like.
    You are not allowed to share the profiles, part of it or any 'new' rigs created with this profiles.

Profiles are done :)

Profiles of both channels at various gain settings, microphones, switches ...

Used Mic's:

ADK = ADK Hamburg condenser microphone
    SM57 = Shure SM57
    S&A = ADK & SM57 at the same time
    A&S = SM57 & ADK at the same time (different mix)
    R121 = Royer 121 (directly connected to the KPA)
    R& = Royer 121 via MicPreAmp
    603 = MXR 603S condenser microphone
    L = Linear measurement condenser microphone

check link below

While profiling my Lonestar Special (LSS) I found that profiling seams NOT to detect 'Power Sagging' - it stays at 0.0 here all the time.

The LLS has 3 different power settings:
    30Watt (4 power tubes - solid state power supply)
    15Watt (2 power tubes - tube power supply)
    5Watt (1 power tube - tube power supply)

I hear a lot of power sagging @5Watt - but KPA stays at 0.0

When I compare 'by ear' a setting of 2.6 sounds the closest.

Is here anybody getting Power Sagging results during profiling other then 0.0?

The biggest difference between the KPA and modelers is (IMHO):
    When I wanted to play some guitar with my modelers - I ended spending a lot of time tweaking the thing.

This evening I wanted to continue profiling my Lonestar Special - and ended NOT profiling anything but just playing two hours with one profile - and it was exiting all the time - and I had no need to change anything ...

I ordered a second one when my first one did stopped working - after I found out how to reset the KPA - I canceled the order the next day - but it was to late.
    So I got a second one two days later - and returned it - that may be the one they currently offer for a reduced price.

My name is Armin (one wife one cat) - I am a tube amp lover - but are open for digital gear as well - I checked almost all digital amp simulation gear since years.

Nothing seams to be able to deliver the true sound of nice tube amps - until now - the KPA is a great (digital) tube amp ;)

Currently I am profiling my tube amp collection.
    That will take a lot of time - since I am quite picky on this.

Some of the first results can be found on my homepage (see link in my signature) - much more will come.

I make my living by selling music toolkits, iPhone apps and doing beta testing for music, photo and video gear.

Would be cool to have the lock feature also in other places (beside the effect blocks) - e.g. for the gain.
    So I could set a gain level and select a lot of profiles to compare the sonic character without the different gain settings.

Yes, 100% agree - the record feature in the UFX is very nice - would be great to have something like this in the KPA.
    Maybe they include it into the perform mode ;)

Just to prevent everybody from spending a lot for mic-pre-amps.

The internal Kemper one if quite great - I compared my R121 direct into the KPA with some mic-pre-amps - and think I'll go with the KPA alone ;)

It's even great in case I profile something outside of my studio - all I need is the KPA and a mic.

Note:
    This will not work for condenser mics

Just created a new profile - sounds nice when in profile-mode.
    Named it, stored it
    In browser mode I was shocked - it was THIS LOUD and totally distorted.
    Level is ok in case I switch off amp and cabinet - but again very loud in case I switch on amp, cab or both.
    All amp and cab parameters seams to be fine - volume at 12:00 - master maxed as with all other presets.

I use beta 1.02 - never happened with older firmware version.

When i switched off my kemper earlier i noticed the front screen was very dimly red even though it was off. Also the light above the x button was shining brightly. i restarted it then switched off again and it switched off properly that time. anyone else had this?

Yes, got the same a few times - did not notice it with current firmware anymore - I'll report in case it happened again.

Yes, this is a great information.

On the MAC you can simply rename the file extension to .tar and double click it.
    Then you get a new folder containing all this in separate subfolders:
    Ampifier
    Cabinet
    Delay
    Effects
    (Globals.kipr = simple file)
    Input
    Reverb
    Rigs
    Snapshots
    Stack
    Stomp
    Tonestack
    Trash

By this it's very easy to make backups of single blocks e.g the input setting.

If you like to use some condenser microphones then you'll find that the KPA can NOT power them.
    The KPA has NO phantom power output - so a mic preamp is needed.

In case you have a fine mic-pre - done - in case you are looking for something small not to expensive, able to connect two mic's at once and good quality check this out:

http://www.mackie.com/enews/Recording.pdf

When I profile a tube amp next to me I would like the KPA to send my guitar signal to the amp only in case I select 'Reference Amp' not in case I select 'Kemper' (audio send should be muted then).

It would be much easier to compare sounds - now I have to switch off the amp each time I check the Kemper profile.