Posts by Armin

Just created a new profile - sounds nice when in profile-mode.
    Named it, stored it
    In browser mode I was shocked - it was THIS LOUD and totally distorted.
    Level is ok in case I switch off amp and cabinet - but again very loud in case I switch on amp, cab or both.
    All amp and cab parameters seams to be fine - volume at 12:00 - master maxed as with all other presets.

I use beta 1.02 - never happened with older firmware version.

When i switched off my kemper earlier i noticed the front screen was very dimly red even though it was off. Also the light above the x button was shining brightly. i restarted it then switched off again and it switched off properly that time. anyone else had this?

Yes, got the same a few times - did not notice it with current firmware anymore - I'll report in case it happened again.

Yes, this is a great information.

On the MAC you can simply rename the file extension to .tar and double click it.
    Then you get a new folder containing all this in separate subfolders:
    Ampifier
    Cabinet
    Delay
    Effects
    (Globals.kipr = simple file)
    Input
    Reverb
    Rigs
    Snapshots
    Stack
    Stomp
    Tonestack
    Trash

By this it's very easy to make backups of single blocks e.g the input setting.

If you like to use some condenser microphones then you'll find that the KPA can NOT power them.
    The KPA has NO phantom power output - so a mic preamp is needed.

In case you have a fine mic-pre - done - in case you are looking for something small not to expensive, able to connect two mic's at once and good quality check this out:

http://www.mackie.com/enews/Recording.pdf

When I profile a tube amp next to me I would like the KPA to send my guitar signal to the amp only in case I select 'Reference Amp' not in case I select 'Kemper' (audio send should be muted then).

It would be much easier to compare sounds - now I have to switch off the amp each time I check the Kemper profile.

I tried to profile my LonestarSpecial - it's a 2x12" combo and has a lot of bass - I never got close with any other (digital) gear.
    So I made a lot of noise (until the wife complains - two floors above ;)

When I used my ADK the bass was fine but I don't liked the treble (sounded dull), the SM57 delivers not at all the great Lonestar bass.

So I used both at once...

The amp was on the clean channel all at about 12:00
    (Gain=1:00, Tr=1:00, Mi=1:00, Ba=11:00, Pre=1:00, Master 11:00 - 30Watt mode)
    I used my PRS neck pu only.

The first part is with both mic's - then I switched sometimes between both and SM57 only - the last part are both again
    (I did not switch the mic's but the profiles)

Sounds about the same as the amp - when played at the same (loud) level.

http://soundcloud.com/ahha/lss-s-a-prsneck

Yes, it sounds like crap when profiled at low volume - I profile VERY loud.

And when you compare the results don't use PC or small studio monitors - it will never sound the same.
    I used to use PA speakers some time ago - but that did not work either (IMHO).

Studiomonitors with large speakers (at least 8") sound best for direct guitar use.

It takes a lot of time to find the right mic position and combination - but in an apartment? Forget it ;)

I tried to use the Torpedo VB101 to profile silent - but I could not capture the mojo of the loud amp AND speaker interacting.

To make it clear my profiles are NOT profiles FOR acoustic guitar - but profiles to let an electric-guitar sound more LIKE an acoustic guitar.

This was done by:
    - Using some body resonances of real acoustic body's - (converted into IR's)
    - Converting and loading into the AxeFx (since the KPA can not load IR's)
    - Profiling with the KPA (the IR's go partly into the amp section and partly into the cabinet section)

Agree 100% - same here starting from:
    Korg A3,
    POD 1.0 - 2.3
    DG-Stomp (which was nice)
    Vetta 1.0 - 2.5
    POD XT Live
    Zentera (also a nice one)
    Digitech GNX
    Boss GT8
    Zoom
    AxeFx Ultra
    POD HD500
    AxeFx II (great effect unit - best modeler)

Finally KPA - much better amp/speaker tone wise than all the others.

Yesterday I played one hour with a profile of my Lonestar Special - no effects - and it was fun - and sounds right for my ears.

If you have the latest firmware hold quick while power on to tuner.

In case that does not help read my post "KPA is toast" or call support next Monday.

100% real is fine for me ;)

I love some of the AxeFx models very much - dont care how real they are.

Some sound not this great itself but fit nicely into the mix.

Others are great starting points to tweak with the KPA amp and cab parameters.
    In addition do I mix some Axe amps with KPA cabs and Axe cabs with KPA ams - so many options.

I dont know if firmware 5 will be this much better - and dont care - the KPA is my thing now.

No plans to offer a 5.0 version since I have sold my AxeFx II - and all I wanted was to be still able to play the Axe sounds ;)

Yes, you can store the cab part of each profile as new cab preset - this is true for all profiles in the KPA - check out the tipps section there I tried to explain it.

My Axe profiles contain all the pure amp presets (00-41) and some more.