Posts by sheguitarplayer

Nice to hear.
    Don't care what anyone says about the form factor vs 19inch rack format. I reckon the KPA form factor makes rehearsals a breeze for those adjustments in those circumstances without peeing off band mates etc.

Cliff talked about some 'amp matching
    it ;)

Does that mean he is lowering himself to add some of this 'inferior technology' as he described it?
    Sounds like someone's scared.
    Na seriously though competition is a good thing, especially for us the end users

It will be interesting to see the reaction when they hit the US.
    I haven't heard of anyone who has tried the kpa who hasn't preferred it to every other modeller out there.
    Some (me included) have tried it head to head with the other big player out there, and preferred the KPA on the amp/cab side by a long way.The fx sound every bit as good too. The trade off there is fewer fx routing and parameters vs ease of use (much easier!)
    There seems to be a large number of other gear users in the US who having dropped a lot of money on other gear, don't want this to be as good as it is.
    Just watch the nit picking when it does arrive.......

Yep. Me too. Its funny.
    There is loads of scope for tweaking on the KPA.
    Its just that I very rarely feel the need.
    If it is required most anything can be solved with gain/eq on the front (whaddya know? Just like an amp!)
    Then if you want something COMPLETELY different, go to definition/sag and play with the gain.
    Im way past the stage where I should be starting to nitpick with the KPA, and Im still astounded daily.
    Best piece of gear Ive bought in 35 years of guitar playing.
    Loving it.

My honest opinion: this is the most impressive piece of gear I had in my life (30+ years playing, not a pro...but still), including tube amps and analog gear in this statement.

I have yet to see anybody (with one exception) trying the KPA and not being seriously impressed, and I'm talking about hardcore tube guys, not a digital head like me ;)

Im one of those hardcore tube guys (axefx standard,ultra and 2 failed) and Im seriously impressed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03Lmz2D8qu0 (5:43)

Wish there was MORE footage of this! Or if someone, who was there ,could give us more details. SUCH A TEASER!
    I can't tell if they were playing through a cab or not. And I can't tell if they actually were digging it! :cursing: Although it did sound kewl as hell!

CH

Ola talks quite a bit about the Kemper on this thread.

http://www.thegearpage.net/boa…read.php?t=1018861&page=5

Actually, no I don't expect the thing to be riddled with bugs. I know of no other product that I have ever bought that is full of bugs when it was released to market. I suspect the reason for releasing early is cash-flow. They spent a load of money having these things made so they need to recover some of that so what the hell, let's release it even though it's not finished.

Also, just because NAMM is on that is no excuse for not leaving some guys behind to provide technical support. Damn, I would never leave my customers without full support no matter where I was going, it's just not done in business......and I'm still waiting for a reply from them.

This is surprising and a shame.
    Ive had replies from support several times (usually to answer questions rather than support) and had very prompt replies.
    One of these was a question about the upcoming power amp, asked while they were away at namm, and replied to very quickly (Its posted elsewhere on the forum).
    I hope you get sorted quickly and can't imagine why you haven't had a reply.
    Have you tried sending a duplicate?

I have to sympathise with those of you having problems with the software.
    Ive been very lucky. Ive never had any problems with mine since I got it a few weeks ago.
    3 gigs, several rehearsals, daily hour or so playing on it, several firmware updates, several profiles and many profiles from other users.
    Not a hitch other than that the monitor out didn't work when the unit arrived. Updated the firmware there and then, not a problem since (crosses fingers)
    Im sure the KPA ppl will have any instabilities sorted asap.

Mmmm, where to start.
    Firstly, I will post a reply here, not at TGP. There is a lot of good info on that forum and I am a member there, but saying anything which can be considered even slightly derogatory about the axefx without first apologising profusely and prostrating oneself will result in immediate hissy fits and flamewars. Doesn't bother me personally, but it does cloud the issue and doesn't help the op. in getting reasoned responses.
    If you compare your miced amp, monitored in the control room to a profile you do of that miced amp, I very much doubt if you will be able to tell the difference between the two in sound, feel or anything else for that matter.
    If you then take that profile and play it through an FRFR system, it will still feel and sound like it did in the control room (dependent on how good your FRFR system is)
    I owned an axefx standards and ultra for a number of years. I received an axefx 2 about the same time as the kemper.
    In short I sent the axefx back and kept the kemper.
    A few others on this forum did the same. I don't know of anyone who has done it the other way around, although to be fair the kemper is the new kid on the block.
    For what it's worth, the kemper is the first unit I've ever been happy with using FRFR with a band.

Im with you all the way on this Armin.
    Im a tube amp lover. Ive spent a fortune over the years on digital gear looking for an easy way to get that tube amp sound complete with fx in a more portable package.
    For me, the KPA is exactly what Ive wanted all these years.
    It is all my amps with some top quality fx in a lunch box.
    I still can't believe how good this thing is.