Posts by sheguitarplayer

Cool to hear you used my cabs. I am still a bit concerned about the rather prominent high frequencies in my cab profiles being to harsh for a loud live performance. Did you roll off the highs? When playing around the KPA i also mostly end using the "2 mic 1" oder "2 mic 2" profile. When you´re looking for an "inbetween" sound imo it is a good starting point to always take the profile with more highs and then roll off the treble and presence a little. Since i still havent removed the mics from the cabs i am thinking about doing some more profiles in the region of the first 2 profiles.

2 mic 2 profile is my favourite. It has a liveliness and zing (without the usual sm57 fizz) that I like a lot..Ive rolled off a little treble and presence on the highs on the master out to the pa.
    My monitor is a fratomic which has a tweeter roll off built in.

I have it and is by far the best piece of gear I had in my life, and I play since 30 years with a good number (far too many ;( ) of tube amps, analog boards, rack systems and modelers in my past.

I'll second that.
    Playing since 1976. Scary how many amps, guitars, fx units and modellers Ive owned since then.
    This is the best individual bit of gear Ive ever picked up in all that time.

Had a great night at my first KPA gig last night too.
    Used my evh5150 profiles with TillS latest 2 mic profile (the second one) direct to the pa. Fratomic as a monitor.As I have said many times I have disliked this method with every modeller I've had in the past, but it was just great with the KPA.
    I normally gig with anevh5150 head, matching cab, Wolfgang guitar and Mxr and eventide fx. No prizes for guessing what sort of music we play or who my fave player is.....
    The KpA was just awesome

Wow these cab profiles are just awesome.
    Ive already posted elsewhere about how some of the KPA profiles are the first cab sims Ive ever liked. These Marshall cabs are just great.
    Ive teamed them up with my evh and afd100 profiles and Ive now got my dream live rig. Fabulous FRFR sound (A first for me) and the monitor sound to power amp and cab is just like my amps. The FRR sound is so good I may even just use monitors with the FRFR sound, and Ive always hated that in the past.
    If I never find another profile I like I will still be a happy bunny.
    Thanks very much for these.

I had an AxeFX ultra and sold it after 2 months. I just didn't like the thing really. Too many buttons for a start. I need knobs to use anything to do with guitar. The unit had excellent effects, but I think the core amp/cab sounds were just average to be honest. The touch sensitivity was there, but other than the great effects (which I didn't use) it certainly was not worth the money, so I sold it.

Me too (after about 21/2 years of frustration and being persuaded that the next firmware update was 'the real deal' - It never was...)

Ive been using the cab profile from Different Worlds and just love it.

The lock feature is fantastic for auditioning cabs.

Im really stoked as I usually hate the cab sim side of modellers et al for live use but Ive already found a few I really like.

I think they sound considerably better and more importantly don't feel weird when playing them. I found on the axefx the cabs felt 'stiff' compared to going power amp/ cab (with no cab sim)

Glad it seems to be working now guys. Don't know what happened.
    Ive been using these presets lately with the cab from 'Both Worlds'
    That cab profile to me just rocks.

Edit- TillS new Marshall cab profiles are the mutts nuts.

Mines dead simple
    Wah,phaser,flanger,nothing Amp/eq/cab chorus, delay
    Would love to have a micro pitch shift just before the delay though.
    Guess who is a huge EVH fan?