Posts by rdwilson

this is what i have found, but for the life of me , i can not get the kaos bin into O/S folder.

Updating the operating system
    Please perform the following simple steps to update your KPA to a newer operating system:
    You will need to use an
    empty
    USB stick in order to transfer the files from your Mac or PC to the KPA for the first time. When you connect a USB stick for the first time, the KPA will format it to ensure maximum reliability.
    The next step is to download the latest operating system. Updates are free of charge and can be downloaded from the following URL:
    http://www.kemperamps.com
    /start/

Expand the downloaded .zip archive and search for the update file called "kaos.bin" inside. Copy the file into the "OS Update" folder on the pre-formatted USB stick using your Mac or PC. Next, unmount the USB stick from your computer and plug it into the KPA. Follow the on screen instructions which will appear after a couple of seconds.

musicman, thank you, i have just done this but , but cant seem to copy the kaos bin into OS..

Format it with your computer first. Most USB Flash Drives come with special formatting and security software for PC use. Re-Format the Flash drive on the PC to "purify" it and get rid of the special software, etc. After that let the KPA format it again. Then return to your PC and copy the upgrade files to the Flash Drive....then back to the KPA and perform the upgrade.

musicman, how do i format usb w/computer ? i would really like to get the update done this wk/end, thanks to all for you replies..roger

Did you format the USB stick before plugging it into your KPA?
    I think it's always a good step before doing anything.
    By the way i have been using two or three different usb sticks up to now, so don't worry and just try again with an already formatted usb.

how do i format before plugging into kpa ? i thought it is the other way around ?

hi vibe, thanks, i have tried to format w/kpa 1st( it says format sucessful) then i tried to download upgrade (in pc), copy kaos into os, then insert it back in usb/kpa, but i get message says nothing on usb stick, i dont know what the heck im doing wrong, or what i'm not doing. roger

Hey rdwilson,

So you first set the table (i.e. format the USB stick), then serve the dishes (copy the files on it), then invite your guests to transfer what's on the table into... themselves (updating the KPA)!

just tried a new stick, kpa says formated , cant get the updates , does anyone have a step by step method of doing the update process ? i'm really getting frusterated , just might pack it up & store it in the closet, if i dont get this thing updated, i am using sony 4 gig sticks , this is the 3rd one, plus a cruzer stick, no one has a 2 gig around here anymore, thanks roger

So you copied the update to the memory stick and then.. formatted it? You got that backwards. Format it first..

ok, i deleted the usb stick & started over, but still cant seem to get it formated, i went to upgrade site & dowloaded the 1.5 to usb, copied kaos to os, put the stick into kpa, formated, but kpa says there is nothing to import, any ideas ? am i missing something in the format procedure ? unfortunatly i only have about 45 minutes per nite thru the week to play w/ kpa this time of year,i really would like to update , then download some new profiles,& play thanks for the preavious answers, roger

Just try to format before plugging it into the kpa, and then let the profiler format it again.
    If you still have problems check with another USB stick.

jimmyno, thanks 4 reply, no , i thought the usb had to be formated in the kpa first, at least thats what i was trying to do,kpa said it was formated, should i delete the usb stick( i thought usb stk had to be empty) & try something else ? roger

Did you format the USB stick before plugging it into your KPA?
    I think it's always a good step before doing anything.
    By the way i have been using two or three different usb sticks up to now, so don't worry and just try again with an already formatted usb.

luntho, thank you,i tried 2 different new usb sticks, both 4 gig, the 1st one would not format, so i went & purch another 4 gig ( couldn't find a 2 gig) kpa says it is formated, but cannot get the f/w update done, i have been trying for 2 hrs, any help would be much apreciated, roger

you can format as many usb-drives as you want, you won't lose your profiles when you update and you don't have to do all the updates, you can use the latest one .

as stated , i misplaced my KPA formated usb, my kpa is completly stock as it was shipped, except for profiles of my VHT PITBULL 50--- PV 5150-- & PHAEZ DAISYCUTTER (all profiled by my friend brian m.. as i am not smart enough to profile myself, i have a very short attention span = migrain h/aches), i have never done any updates yet, ( did not have time to even play the kpa for 5months) now i would love to update without losing my profiles, & download some of the great profiles from the rig xchange, excuse me if this has been asked before, also do i have to do each update or just do the latest ? thanks , roger