Posts by JEL

The rating system is a relatively new function --- and there really aren't that many profiles that have received "votes" or ratings....I think the most I saw was like 10, or something. 10, that's it!!! That's not a lot to rate a single profile, so I would recommend people should start rating!

Over time - the quality profiles will rise to the top based on the rating. It's the law of large numbers and I really think that the best profiles are getting their due. The Mitch Malloy profiles are better than most I have found and they are getting positive reviews. The problem is that you can't sort based on the rating! So you manually have to look at each page and see who has good ratings. This is a bit cumbersome for sure.

When people start actually rating, I think everyone will benefit. People are reading WAY too into this IHMO.

If you don't like the rating system today, don't use it. Simply do what works for you.

But some of the methods and recommendations I have read on here are entirely way too time intensive to gauge whether or not your like a profile. Soon we are going to be around 10,000 profiles. Keeping things SIMPLE is crucial.

....and the new Dr Z's are fantastic too....one of my favorite high gain Dr. Z profiles.

MITCH MALLOY in the house!

Great to have you hear as part of the Kemper family. I know you are an incredible singer bro and producer. Didn't know you were so hip to killer guitar tones too!!!

VERY NICE profiles. I think that is the absolute best Fender Pro Junior I have ever heard. That will get a lot of use. And your Matchless profiles are TOP notch. Great quality across the board. Once again - it's profiles like these that pay for the unit itself! Thanks Malloy!

I can get very "manly" U2/Edge type delays with the existing KPA. No problem whatsoever. Just experience like CK says -- there are tons of options.

If you can keep the size small enough to fit in the Kemper Namba bag, you have a HUGE winner IMO. To be able to have everything you need over your shoulder would set the world on its heels!

The Kemper makes life easy in so many ways --- a big, bulky, all encompassing foot controller would not only cost too much -- but it's overkill IMO.

I'd prefer to keep in clean, neat and simple. Simple usually always wins when it comes to gear.

So my vote is whatever design costs the leasts, remains core functionality and is small enough to transport in the existing Kemper Namba bag.

IMHO you still need to be able to sort on the rating. Otherwise, the power of the "rating" is underutilized.

If your style is to download "everything"....enjoy, knock yourself out!

When the number of profiles hits 10,000 and someone new buys a KPA, I don't think they will be downloading all 10,000.

A rating system will at least help with the best rated ones (you can take the rating as you wish).

My guess is that with a searchable rating system it would get used by all.

The ratings are not gospel, but a great starting point.

Kemper family...

Now that we have a "rating" system and users are starting to use it......

It would be a HUGE asset to be able to now sort the profiles based on their rankings. Some ideas include possibly searching - High to Low, 5 star only, 4 star only, etc. Just something to make weeding through 1,000+ profiles easier.

I think the rating system is going to be a big success --- but now we need to be able to actually USE the rating system by searching on the respective ratings.

Any other thoughts?

JEL

Wow....I'm speechless.

bd

I'm beyond speechless. I for one will be celebrating when Radley officially stops posting on this Forum and returns to the AssFx "artist" page where he clearly belongs.

Please Radley - do us all this favor. Just go. You have done enough damage to disrupt the incredibly positive vibe of this product, the CEO and everyone who is part of the Kemper family.

Your negativity and arrogance does not belong here.

No offense to Radley here in any way, but I wouldn't exactly put "Neil Diamond" guitar tones in a category requiring a Kemper.

I would imagine you could get those tones quite easily using pretty much anything.

Just an overall volume boost should be fine. You can set the range from say 3db to 15db (or whatever your need is).

All of these additional "boost" ideas really overcomplicate things in my opinion.

Keep it simple - just the volume boost as needed. As soon as you start getting into "gain" boosts and the like, you might as well use a separate profile for any sound coloration. Most people like their boost tone, they just want 'more' of it in terms of volume.

My vote - VOLUME BOOST.

Pretty cool. Seems like you can "rank" after you have downloaded the profile.

Now, Kemper needs to add a SEARCH function where you can sort by genre, by amp, by etc. Or just sort based on highest ranking, etc.

Right now you still have to sift through hundreds of profiles to find the highest ranked ones. I'm sure something is coming to address this.

But great start!!!!!

.....just curious what is the "improvement" soundwise verses the last Firmware (which was the greatest update....since their last update)?