Posts by JEL

Ok so the "master volume" does NOT influence the tone....does the other "volume" on the bottom portion right of the Kemper influence the tone?

Or are both of these simply used to get a desired balance of volume across profiles?

Thanks - apologies for the newbie questions

Ok - WOW. This is interesting. So I'm using a DISTORTION profile and I turn DOWN the CLEAN sense and it took care of the clipping!

I thought the CLEAN sense was only for clean tones?? Just check it out on some other profiles and it seems to be working.

Right now I have my CLEAN SENSE set for 1.5 (how does this compare to others)? At 1.5 with these pick ups it never goes into the Red, but it does hit the Amber stage a little bit when I really hit the strings hard.

Ok - 1 down, 1 to go.....what about the MASTER light clipping?

Getting closer.....

thanks!!!

Hey everyone -

Need some Kemper help here.....

I guess I was so carried away when I first plugged in, I didn't realize how much clipping was actually going on. Not only from the "Input" light, but also the "Master" light.

I use extremely hot pick ups (Joe Bardens) and very good cables (George L's). In my opinion, this combination gives an extremely pure signal path into whatever you plug into (whether the Kemper, or an actual tube amp). I'm not sure if this combination is actually too hot for the Kemper.....

Can someone please walk me through the recommend settings so I'm not clipping so much? Interestingly, you can NOT actually hear the clipping coming through the monitors all the time...it just clips within the unit sometimes. Lots of red going on thats for sure. And red typically isn't a good thing. ?(

In many cases (and on many profiles both user and stock), I can have my guitar volume nearly off - and the volumes of the Kemper very low and I still can clip the "Input" when hitting the strings hard. Is this normal or is there something else I can do? I am currently using Firmware 1.4.

I saw another thread about clipping, but I thought we could dedicate this one to all things "clipping".

Thanks for any/all of your input. I really appreciate the support.

Stay frosty -
    J

Great stuff! Check out those Budda profiles - you can get very close to that tone from the Budda SD30 profiles with some tweaking.

But yes - I want this profile too!

Come on bro! Post it!!

I think we need a "PROFILE OF THE WEEK" section on this forum. Where we all can vote on our favorite, and the winner gets a cool little shout out. And get's put on the Kemper wall of tonal fame!!!

Thoughts?

Very nice! Great production too!!!

What profile was use for the chugging rhythm parts?

...and what was used for the drums? (or topic on a guitar forum I know....but I'm a production dude as well).

Two thumbs up! Keep rocking bro.

That Diezel Ch2 profile is indeed fantastic! One of my favorites. It's a shame Cliff dialed it in deliberately to sound less than spectacular. I'm assuming this man knows a few things about getting a good basic tone (especially out of a Diezel profile), but that was a sorry attempt at best. And all of the Axe fanboys jump all over how "bad" the Kemper sounds?!!!! It's just sad to me.

Anyways...back to actually playing and recording.....

Best of luck to all competitors getting anything to sound as real as the Kemper. All of us guitarists appreciate moving forward in the quest for tone.....

It's obvious in a very short amount of time, Kemper has the industry in reactive mode. If there is something better out there, I will buy it. Until then....

Stay frosty -

JEL

Kemper fam -

First live gig with the Kemper will be in about 2 weeks.

What are your suggestions for a foot controller? Or what are you using.....

Thanks -

Stay frosty,
    J

Hey guys,

Just opened up the box and fired up the Kemper. I was very curious to see what happens right out of the gate by just turning it on and turning it up. Stock preset - "Fischers Xtacy5", with some added reverb and delay. That's it. I haven't opened the manual yet. Took me about 30 seconds to get this sound. It actually took longer for the unit to boot up :)

Apologies for the incessant wanking - but that was the point here. Just typical shred stuff (sweeps, tapping, legato, fast alternate picking, etc. etc. Zzzzzzz)

http://soundcloud.com/jasonqua…er-lead-shred-test-out-of

I look forward to spending a lot more time tweaking, recording and getting some amazing profiles made!!!

Best,
    JEL

Hey Kemper Fam!

This is my first post and my Kemper arrived today!

I can't wait to get recording with it, but I am a total noob setting this stuff up.

Can someone please tell me the very best way to use the Kemper with 11 Rack? I also use the built in Pro Tools as my recording platform.

I have no idea if I should use the LINE INPUTS on the 11Rack, or the Loop, or S/PDIF, or etc? All of this is very new to me.

Any help you can provide is a HUGE help. :thumbup:

Thanks in advance,
    JEL