Posts by Jerryratpack

I am told a quick fix is reducing the brightness to the remote screen , can do that using the system settings in the KPA.

Another fix is using a power injector ( one of the threads in this very forum has a pic and a link to one someone bought and they say it works great

Keep an eye on it, as my remote would blink (all LEDs) at once and sometimes the remote would just reboot. I just got a replacement and so far everything works good.

i hope this helps

I have tried using both 1+2 and 3+4, nothing happened.
    I've already turned the headphone mix up and that didn't solve the problem. I have the unpowered version so no speakers are connected

I use this on my 2i4 , but use the balanced outs just because I have those normal guitar cables available, but, make sure you turn the "input / Playback" knob (near the big Monitor knob ) to playback to have the PC signal to get thru to your kemper, otherwise you won't get any signal to the Kemper .

Also have the big Monitor knob on the Scarlett turned up so enough signal is getting thru , and Have you checked the output section to make sure the aux are turned up ?

For me it comes down to the feel of the neck. There are other LP's that sound great , but may have a neck profile that won't fight you. But as mentioned above, you have to play a bunch until one jumps out at you

My remote had a loose contrast pot from day one. And on occasion the remote would malfunction , either while I was looping and or sometimes just move the remote and it caused havoc by freezing and restarting the KPA it's self. The contrast would never stay level.

I didn't have the display issue , I sent it out for service, they couldn't replicate it, but tightened everything up. And it worked fine for a while. I moved the unit the other day and barely knocked the contrast knob and it went into a freeze or just became dark. Very strange .

Kemper support told me the first time I got it back, if it acts up again , they will just replace it. I haven't reported it again as it happened only once. But definitely contact support , the US service center is in Texas which is where they will send it first I believe. Unless they can fix it via phone.

They built it so it's tough and hard to get the right tools to take it apart , at least for me, ( I just wanted to tighten up the pot but can't get to it )

Hey Fero ,
    Great job ! I was stuck on the wampler profile from the kemper selected rig busters. Really sounded good.

These are profiles so I can't stick them in slot a,b c, etc I assume ?

Side note, I used scoczy Firehawk 1500 setup with mains out of kemper set up as reverb and delay, into monitors Input of Firehawk , and the direct out set to "stack" to feed the return on the Firehawk so I get a wet dry wet setup. Sounded fantastic. Just had to adjust the Firehawk levels.

Anyway, I really like RigBusters. I have never heard of them before, so this was a real treat

Thanks kemper team and Fero !

Have you tried using USB thru daw , might be a way to see if you are still getting the pops and raising the buffer size as well. Just to see if it's universally clicking and popping, I have the 2i4 2nd gen and it works great with reaper, but I am strictly using USB .

Also, I think you can download reaper for free trial, test it thru that Daw and see if you get the same results.

I don't use Spdif, so I can't really help there, but just some ideas I had. Hope you get it sorted

I just notice after one of the updates that my EP 1 was not doing full sweep. I will hold that calibration button all the way thru the sweep back and forth.

It always worked before, never an issue. I have been connected to my remote, also, I have my morph pedal and a volume pedal connect to the remote ( 3 pedals )

I disconnected my EP1 and reconnected to the back of the KPA itself , into pedal Jack 1&2 and all is working , back to normal.

Not sure if it's the remote jack , or what, but I haven't done anymore exploring yet. I also noticed there may be a connection issue on the pedal, so unplug and replug the cords into the pedal.

It should be doing a full sweep, and again, I hold the button down the entire time I am sweeping the pedal back and forth, it always worked for me in the past. Maybe I am wrong though , wouldn't be the first time :D

Congrats ! I love the remote, Kemper made it so easy to use and program.

I Don't think my issue is a wide spread issue, and hopefully you don't have any issues at all. I think mine was faulty from day one as I mentioned about the contrast knob reaction. But can't be 100% sure.

Mine is actually being looked at today, at the service center in US.

hopefully it can be fixed and back to me before Memorial Day weekend. I will have extra time to play that weekend, so hope to know more later today. :D

i look forward to the return of my remote and KPA

Not sure anyone is reading this or cares, but in the spirit of community contributions, I am sending both my KPA and remote to the authorized service center toady in the states.

i will miss my KPA and I really will miss the morphing feature as all those controls are so easy to set up and have complete control over. But I look forward to getting back a "fixed" whole unit ( my rig button was not always responsive on the KPA itself so that will be nice to have everything working properly.

I am am still stumped on the power issue though. I am wondering if all remotes need the power injector o stay consistent or if that is just a fix for the faulty ones ?

Has as anyone had the Poe and fixed their issue ?

By the way, those of you that bought the POE power injector, which I was also told to try this , did it work for you ? I have not seen one person report back on that fix. I know some had bad cables, but what about the power injector ?

i honestly would love to just buy one and be the fix. I seriously think I have a defective remote and have a feeling the contrast button on the remote, and it's connected circuitry ( just a guess here ) could be the cause,

i wish I could pick a Poe injector up locally but can't seem to find one in stock locally. I don't want to send away for it and have the same issue.

Has anyone sent their device back and it was fixed without any power injector needed after they received it back from the repair shop ?

I am not sure how I missed this thread, I posted my own under trouble shooting.

I started having severe issues with my remote rebooting , when using my looper. I bought new in October 2015 and everything is up to date. But I am having issues, Especially with morphed profiles, it would keep rebooting every 30 seconds or so. This is while recording and playback, It seems to be ok when not looping, but I think it rebooted a few times not using the looper, but I can't be 100% on that, as I tried to get it to freeze and reboot when just playing and it didn't. Lol

I opened up a ticket. I was told about the power issue and try to turn down the brightness for the remote screen, etc. I also change cables, and it still does it. the LEDs will flash a few times and boom, it resets, and I lose sound sometimes and it reverts to a lower volume etc.

i did did notice that when trying to turn down the contrast, from the KPA it would only go

so far and the LEDs would creep back up on the KPA , like I was turning it, but I wasn't touching it ,but I finally realized that my contrast knob on the remote is touchy to the point of just touching it the screen changes.

anyway, I am sending Both the remote and the KPA in for a look as as soon as I
    get my RMA from Denver (or wherever in the states it comes from
    )

For anyone who has this issue or have interest:

Aside from changing out the cat 5 Cable , support suggested I look to see if there is a single digit pop up on the remote screen which I assume would give them an idea for troubleshooting. Also, they suggested I lower the remote screen brightness.

I hope one of these suggestion work , I won't be able to try till tonight .

Hey sharry,
    i was jiggling the cable to see if it was a loose connection, but didn't even think about trying it with another cable. I did t even realize it was just a cat 5 connection because of the heavy duty style connector on one end,

good to know. I will try tonight when I get home from work

thsnks for the suggestion. Hopefully it's something that simple, I would hate to have to send it back for repair.

thanks again,

jerry

I just opened a ticket, but I am wondering if anyone has experienced this .

my remote has been blinking / flashing on occasion and it was resetting itself and I noticed when I am looping with a morphed profile , it resets , like temporarily looses connection, then it goes dark like its booting up,

is is anyone experiencing this ? I am on the latest firmware

Thanks

Yes I have with many patches, you can even turn some pedals up and some down different parameters all at once. For instance on clean, I turn the volume up and compressor (in amp section ) up, and when morphing to distortions, I turn down both , etc

But I have only done this in browse mode. I have not done anything in performance mode

Since I updated to 4 , I have had my remote reboot a few times , and during one time, my kemper screen turned white , but came back as soon as the remote came back.
    i never noticed this in the past, and asked support, they didn't think it was connected to the new firmware, but told me to keep an eye it

I have been having some issues with my remote at certain times, sometimes while adjusting things for morphing, the remote reboots, also, the other day, no lights were visible on the remote. I did a global reset via the soft button , and it fixed the problem. I had to reassign my three expression pedals again , no big deal, but not sure if others have been having their remotes acting a bit buggy ?

At the Moment I use one DVP-3 for volume, and two Moog EP-3 for Wah and morph.

Ahh, you threw us off. Lol ...I have one kemper mission pedal , I just bought one DVP-3 and because I am cheap, one pro line for about 30 us bucks new.. Lol... But it does the job.. So I am experimenting with which pedal works best for each function. I like having these various options.
    Thanks for the answers

I'm sure he does Jerry, Ingolf loves them - I bought mine on his recommendation and have been very happy with it. It's got a longer throw than a traditional wah (longer than my rmc) but has a good solid feel and works well.

This is sounds exactly what I need !

Regarding setting up up for wah and volume, I have this on my mission pedal, but I would like to have a separate pedal for morphing, just to make it more straight forward for me.
    I am really enjoying this new feature , and really only had a little time to play with it. But it's so simple to do, and I like how I can stop in between any parameter and play on that. So clean to somewhat dirty to all the way dirty and anywhere in between

i happen to test it on a TAF factory preset (69 clean) I think it's called

sounded great both clean and dirty and in between..