Posts by Mats_Nermark

Have you checked the mix in mono? You might be shocked at the low level of the clean, chorussed background guitar. It's obviously something to do with the modulation FX you used, and unfortunately for me I only have a CrapMac™ mono speaker to listen on, so I can barely tell it's there.

Hej Monkey_Man!

Thanks for the heads up. I usually listen to mono when doing the final mix but must have forgotten this time. I will see if I can get to do a new mix.

Cheers,

Mats N

Nice one, Mats. That sure is 80's. :D

Just wondering why your BT's aren't accessible? I tried to listen to a few but it seems as though they are all 404'd.

I don't know why that is and, unfortunately, I don't own/run the server as the BT King server space was generously provided to me by a third party.

Having said that, I have decided to take down all my backing tracks as they have been downloaded and used for all sort of things that has not generated any positive things for me at all. I have entered an agreement with the Master Guitar Academy where he will sell them and we will share any profits (if any).

Cheers,

Mats N

Hi!

I have always loved the ballads from the 80' and 90's where the LA session musicians like Mike Landau, Dann Huff and Steve Lukather played.

So I wrote a tune where I could use all those sounds, especially the tri-chorused clean rhythm sounds.

Hope you like it. I really enjoyed recording this one!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers,

Mats N

I have now played these profiles for a number of hours. How many hours? I can't tell as I got lost in time just enjoying them.

I've been in love with Dumble amps since I first tried Christopher Cross' Dumble back in 1986 and since then I've been privileged to play a few real Dumbles and a large number of closes and amps derived from the ODS concept.

I have also been profiling a lot of these kinds of amps as well as helping Michael Britt when he profiled a Dumble for his shop.

My experience is that it's very easy to get a boomy profile even though it sound right at the time of profiling.

Marcus' profiles are just what I want from a Dumble style amp.
    The cleans are powerful and dynamic and the top end is just sooo sweet. People tend to overlook the clean capabilities of the ODS. That's a huge mistake!
    Usually I have to tame my guitars with the tone knob, but not here. The compressions settings Marcus has in his rigs are just right for the Lollars in my Collings I-35LC. The cleans also have great sustain. It feels almost like playing an overdriven sound but it's still clean. Wonderful! It also lends itself very well to putting a Green Scream in from of it for some sublime dirt. Love it!

Of course, the ODS is most known for it's overdrive sounds, and rightly so. Marcus has captured the ODS personality in a great way. There are many shades of gain here and, just like the original, if you have a lot of gain and set it up for a bridge humbucker, it's usually too bassy and fat for the neck HB in the same guitar. But I usually put the Graphic EQ in front of the profile and take away quite a bit of the low end before the signal hits "the amp" and then the neck HB is very useful.

I would especially encourage every buyer of this pack to try to set the volume pedal to "Input" as it then works almost as a remote gain pedal for the overdrive. There is a world of nuance to be found working a volume pedal this way and if you're a dynamic player used to coaxing different tones using pick attack, this can lead to sonic nirvana.

I was planning to play the profiles with many different guitar before writing anything, but I just keep getting such enjpoyment with the I-35LC that I just have not seen fit to stop playing it yet.

I you, like me, like the Dumble sound, then this is definitely a pack for you.

Cheers,

Mats N

PS to Marcus - if you read this and don't like comments in your thread, please let me know and I'll delete it.

Why isn't it sufficient for your fellow user to unlink the Main Output from Master Volume? This way he can send one constant Main Output Volume to FOH and use Master Volume to adjust the Monitor Output Volume as needed. I don't understand, how the Rig Volumes stored in the Rigs can be correctly balanced for FOH, bur require Rig by Rig intervention on stage. That doesn't sound logical to me.

Hi Burkhard,

Thanks for chiming in from the mothership.

At first I didn't get it at all either, but then I did.

He want to send Main Out to FOH for the audience and the Monitor Output also to the FOH but only for monitoring use for the band on stage. He's only using 5 rigs and it's the fifth that poses the problem. FOH technician always seem to forget when the solo so therefore the fifth rig is his solo sound and tas he doesn't trust the FOH guy to do it right that sound is significantly louder for the audience but not for the stage monitors. The same volume jump on stage doesn't work with the band. Thus he needs to be able to program different volume levels for different outputs for the same rig.

He doesn't have this problem with his Helix, but then the Helix doesn't have the sound and feel of the KPA.

So, I'm meeting him tomorrow for setting up his new KPA live rig and I see if the expression pedal can be used to his satisfaction.

Cheers,

Mats N

The only volume that is stored together with the Rig is the Rig volume. Monitor volume is a global parameter. The only way to control it independently from the rest is by using a dedicated expression pedal.

Thanks for your help!

I didn't know that you could control the Output volume parameters through MIDI CC.
    Unfortunately that's not good enough for my friend as he needs programmability.

Cheers,

Mats N

I'm trying to help a fellow KPA user who wants to use his KPA live.

He wants to send an even volume to FOH through the Main Output but wants different volumes for his on stage sound through the Monitor Output.
    I've tried to find a way to save different Monitor Volume settings per Rig but have not found a way.

Can someone solve this for us?

Cheers,

Mats N

I'd like to set my own Categories and not just hav do deal with the set ones like All rigs, Favourites, Just bass, etc.

I want to be able to have categories like Fender, MBritt, ToneJunky, Strat, LP, Tele, etc.

This should also be a field in Rig Manager soI can search for files in these custom categories.

Cheers,

Mats N