Posts by Mats_Nermark

Sounds good Mats nice and spanky. :thumbup:
    How do you have the screamer set? If you don't mind sharing.

I had some trouble setting this up to sound and respond the way I wanted. I finally cracked the secret about it here's what I found. The Green Scream didn't work on it's own. If I set the gain to get the OD I wanted, the effect got muddy and indistinct. So what I did was to experiment with putting a boost in a stomp slop before the slot with the Green Scream. Lead boost didn't work and I had a slight problem choosing between the Pure Boost and Treble Boost but decided on the Pure Boost.

Here are the settings that worked best for me.
    Pure Boost
    Gain: +1.7

Green Scream
    Drive: 3.1
    Tone 6.2
    Mix: 100%
    Volume: +3

Hope this gives you some ideas!

Cheers,

Mats N

Hi,

I wrote a tune where I needed a clean sound that was both delicate and powerful depending on touch. I also wanted it to work in all Strat positions. Finally I wanted it to work with the Grean Screamer OD in the Kemper.

I used a Spanky profile from Michael Britt as a starting point and after a while I got what I wanted. This is very dynamic and very enjoyable to play. I hope you can hear both in this tune.

Guitar is a James Tyler Studio Elite.

Hope you'll like it!

[MEDIA=soundcloud][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media]

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/MEDIA]

Cheers,

Mats N

At last! You knew I was keen, Mats, so... thank you so much!

Only hassle is I'm on FW 3.1.4 (from memory) and in no hurry to update. This could be a reason to 'though.

Thank you again. I hope everyone appreciates this; it's not like you churn out profiles every day...

Hi MM,

Yes, I knew and I really wanted to get them out faster, but I have learned quite a bit about tweaking since my last serious session that I wanted to make sure these would be as good as I think they need to be. I hope you find use for them.

And no, I don't churn out profiles every day. I wish I had more time to profile. I am thinking of doing a Fenderish clean session one day with the aim of getting a really dynamic and snappy clean sound. I haven't heard that from anyone yet, so I don't even know if it's possible. Time will tell!

Cheers,

Mats N

the 2 others as well but they sound already mixed after recording IMO, like if I'd be playing a CD. I took off delay and reverb and added defintion and power sagging and was more pleasant to me. I mean rawer, personnal taste

they were great for loop recording, great rythm sound

This is a very interesting comment! And one I find very illuminating regarding my own recording process. I was once taught by a great engineer/mixing guy that I should always get it right at the source. If you do that, mixing will be very easy. So when I record I almost never record a dry signal for later reamping. I always get the sound I want up front as I want to play the sound as part of my musical expression.

So now it seems I've taken this philosophy one step further and do that when I profile as well. When I made these three profiles I had a very clear view of what I wanted them to feel like and how to sound like in a mix. So I profiled the sounds and tweaked them accordingly. I hadn't thought of that until now.

You say they are great for "loop recording". What is that?

Cheers,

Mats N

Hi!

After some serious tweaking and finding the best ones to post, I've now posted the three profiles I think best represents what I wanted to do with the equipment at hand.

I have posted clips of tunes using the other profiles here:
    Black Goop Session #3 clean sound?
    and here:
    My #3 Black Goop profiling session - with clip

The 3rd profile is the one with the most gain and as I have been led to believe, some people are impatient to get these profiles, I didn't take the time to write a full tune. So here's just a backer I put together to show the profile in context.

[MEDIA=soundcloud][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media]

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/MEDIA]

The profiles are available in the gear section on my web site:
    http://www.nermark.com

If you do record something with these profiles, I'd enjoy hearing it!

Cheers,

Mats N

aHi Geraldo,

Very happy to be a part of your happy story. Gives my life meaning in some ways. Spreading happiness is a very honorable life goal I think.
    You sharing your story is also spreading happiness.

In August, I will celebrate 5 years with the Kemper and I can honestly say that my music has improved with the KPA and the people I have met during these years have given me knowledge, joy and a sense of community I really enjoy.

I know that the profiles you got from me was the first Black Goop session profiles so it's kind of fitting that I soon will post the #3 Black Goop session.

Is there a way to get my hands on the Thomas Dill profiles?

Cheers,

Mats N

Great tune.

Thanks, Skoczy!

yeah mats ...good playing and tone. i am going to check out this clean profile tonight at band rehearsal . also your black goop lead is feeling pretty good with my luke III musicman. i will try both out tonight. thanks for the profiles.

Hi Bob! The profiles you are playing are from session 1 if you found them at the Rig Exchange and from session 2 if you grabbed them from my own web site. The profiles from session #3 haven't been posted yet anywhere. So if you like the ones from sessions 1 and 2, I'm hoping you'll be even more pleased with the session 3 profiles.

Can't wait to try!

I have some paid work to do in the next few days but hope to be done editing soon.

Cheers,

Mats N

Sounds great Mats

Thank you for lending your ears!

Hi MM!

Thanks for your kind words! The first 3 profiles I really like from the #3 session will soon be posted. Just finalizing the tweaks on the third one. I want them to be as good as I can make them.

Cheers,

Mats N