Posts by lightninboy

From feedback from players since day one of the GT800FX it's seemed that most users playing levels are using anything between 30w and 60w onstage. I myself am only using about 60w in a loud rock band.

The "Kemplifier" has a unique problem in that you have very little room to play with in the back slot of the Kemper and therfore airflow becomes critical. Balancing the power/heat tradeoff and also the fan noise. Many fully grown men have stated that fan noise is an issue in their lives so this naturally has to be taken into account. Class D amps don't suffer as much with giving heat off as Class A/B amps but sound "poop" in comparison with Class A/B.

The module should have enough for the majority of players and should be enough volume to gig with and have a small headroom left to avoid clipping. For those fully grown men who require more power, then of course we can point them in the direction of the GT800 and GT1000FX's.

:D

The CFR12's which are the passive cabs loaded with the Celestion TF1225CX coaxial are in production as I type this. Wood is on the router, drivers on the shelf, nothing to wait for from China, all done in the UK. I know that Matrix were taking pre-orders for the first batch.

I've been beta testing the CFR12 passive wedge and its big brother the active wedge for a few months now. Putting them through the rigours of gigging & loading. I tend to use the wedges a little differently than the vocal monitors which we're more used to. I have them set up at the back of the stage pointing towards my back when playing. The dispersion (ie they're not "beamy" like a guitar speaker) is so much better that the sound translates really well, even if you move of axis towards centre stage or go for a wander to see what the bass players doing! lol

I've also used them "on end" in situations such as a very low ceiling at a gig. Again no biggie, the dispersion of the coaxial speaker still fills the sound out enough. Way better than a standard guitar cab, still a sound that feels good and feels like "surround sound" when you first start to try them. (thats the same for any good FRFR speaker though not just the Matrix!)

Been running the wedges with a GT1000FX, able to get feedback and the same feel as my traditional guitar cab. As for the Fractal comment on the blurb, lol, yeah perhaps Matt should have been less focussed in his choice of modeller but to be fair he did say "such as". No Bias intended I'm sure. The wedges have been tested with Kempers throughout the development (mine and Xpenno's) if that makes you feel any better. (i've probably now offended a Boss or Line 6 guy now! lol) ;)

I've come from 1.03 as well. All seems fine so far. Loud noises emmanting from Matrix co-axials and 1.07 in Sheffield!!

Remember that the GT800's 800w is 2x400w @ 4 ohms. If you use 8 ohm cabs that drops to approx 250 watts and approx half again for 16 ohm cabs.

As for the GM50, it's a mono bloc 400w @ 4 ohms so similar to one side of the GT800. Designed to compete with a 50w valve head at 16 ohms and still leave enough clean headroom. We demo'd the GM50 yesterday at a UK guitar show, had some powering a wedge and they were on for 7 hours, barely broke a sweat and cool to touch at the end of the day...unlike me!

Matt will be getting a press release out with pricing later today and some videos and pics to follow soon.

:thumbup:

First profile so be gentle please!

Profiled my beloved 5150 the other day. Guitar used was a PV Wolfgang with stock pickups and I used the EVH settings on the amp from an old Peavey Monitor mag from the 90's.

Cab was a standard 5150 slant cab. Mic'ed using an old AKG D1200E (great mic) and a MXL9000 condenser running in to an ART tube preamp and both mics running into an Edirol FA101 then back into the Kemper.

Added some "jape" afterwards.

Let me know what you think. Channel 2 coming soon!

My experience with the Ultra and the Kemper was the same as the post earlier with the Axe 2. The Ultra "coloured" the tone of the Kemper slightly. Tended to be in that "blanket" mid range. I did have little bit of success dialling in a parametric on the Ultra and compensating some of the missing frequencies.

This week however I've been struck down by the dreaded "man-flu" so don't trust my ears to tweak any more.

The effects compared to the Ultra are good. I happen to think the Kempers Phaser and Flanger are much easier to dial in. Delays and Reverbs are good but I wish they were a little more in depth like the Ultra.