Posts by Burkhard

From the Main Manual:

• While navigating Slots within a Performance via the <PAGE> buttons of the PROFILER Stage, or the left and right RIG navigation cross buttons of the other PROFILER variants, any modifications (e.g. loading another Rig, or cranking up Gain) are interpreted as editing, and will be retained until you move to another Performance. Don’t forget to store before you load another Performance, if you want to make those modifications permanent.
    • As soon as you load another Slot from your foot controller, or foot buttons of the PROFILER Remote or Stage, any former modifications within that Performance are interpreted as temporary tweaks during a live performance and will be discarded immediately. If, for example, you had activated a booster in module B, or increased Delay Mix via pedal, any such changes will be lost if you switch Slots remotely. This way, you can always be sure that Slots will be loaded in their original, predictable state during live performances.
    • However, there is an exception to this practice: While Rig Manager is connected, any modifications are interpreted as editing and maintained during Slot changes as long as you stay within the same Performance.

Bitte mit OS 8.1.2 testen.

Die Version führt Power Amp Boost und Wattage Meter für alle PROFILER-Modelle ein. Damit stehen diese Features jetzt auch beim Betrieb des KEMPER Power Kabinets zur Verfügung. Bisher gab's das nur für PowerHead und PowerRack mit eingebauter Endstufe.

OS 8.1.2 is now avaiable as a public beta and addresses this point.

Power Amp Boost and Wattage Meter - already known from powered PROFILER models PowerHead and PowerRack - are now also available on page Kemper Kone of all PROFILER models to the benefit of KEMPER Power Kabinet users!

The availability of Wattage Meter and Power Amp Boost is not limited to models with built-in power amp (PowerHead and PowerRack) anymore. These are now available at all PROFILER models for use with the new KEMPER Power Kabinet. Both features appear on page Kemper Kone in the Output Section as soon as Kemper Kone mode gets enabled.

Audio

fixed: old Fuzz DS not correctly migrated into Kemper Fuzz by OS 8.1.0 - Impedance LP should be set to value 10 instead of 0

fixed: scaling of High Cut of Metal Equalizer

User Interface

added: Wattage Meter and Power Amp Boost added on page Kemper Kone for use with KEMPER Power Kabinet or KEMPER Kabinet/Kone via external power amp

fixed: copy & paste of effects into locked effect modules was blocked

fixed: effect presets couldn't be loaded into locked modules via double click in Rig Manager

Yep, you set monitor out for one channel and the power amp out for the other. That's why people like me going nuts to add a powered kabinet for monitor out so we get booming stereo sound!

That isn't exact.

The signal at the MONITOR OUTPUT is identical to the signal feeding the internal power amp of PowerHead and PowerRack, because this is hard-wired internally.

If you want to enjoy stereo sound leveraging the SPEAKER OUTPUT of the internal power amp with an unpowered cabinet e. g. KEMPER Kabinet and using another powered cabinet e.g. KEMPER Power Kabinet you need to activate Monitor Stereo - which pairs the MONITOR OUT with the DIRECT OUT - and feed the powered cabinet from the DIRECT OUT.

One side of the stereo signal is the MONITOR OUT => internal power amp => unpowered cabinet.

The other side is the DIRECT OUT => powered cabinet (or external power amp with unpowered cabinet).

As soon as you activate Monitor Stereo, all settings like Kemper Kone mode, Monitor Cab. Off., Sweetening, Directivity, Bass Boost, Monitor Output EQ,.... affect both sides of the stereo signal - so also the DIRECT OUT.

And another hint for effective manual usage: If you electronically search our PDF manuals for "Monitor Stereo", you receive a list of locations, where this feature is mentioned. The information above can for example be found within seconds on page 41 of the German version of the Main Manual "Das Große Handbuch".

What is really the purpose?

OS public beta as well as Rig Manager public beta have been made available via Rig Manager at the same time.

OS public beta is also available for download for those who keep their PROFILER in a place without PC and internet connection.

You require Rig Manager for download because you need Rig Manager in a place without internet connection?

These Rig Manager public beta revisions have short turn around times. I'm wondering if it is really practical - if Rig Manager is required plus the PC is located in a place without internet connection - to go back and forth with an USB memory stick to follow the evolution of the Rig Manager betas. Under such constraints it might be more effective to stick to release revisions.

Thanks for clarifying Burkhard. The last part for referring to the profiler where I struggle to paste from one slot into another locked slot.

I'm not sure I understand the issue scenario ... Slot or module, locked or disabled, Rig Manager or PROFILE user interface, Stage or other model...?

I can copy/paste Performance Slots in Rig Manager. Such Slots cannot be locked, but disabled. So, you need to enable the Slot to see its content.

I can copy/paste Performance Slots in the PROFILER UI using the COPY/PASTE buttons of Head and Rack models, even if the destination Slot is disabled.

I can also copy/paste Performance Slots with PROFILER Stage holding the RIG button as described in the manual. Even if the destination Slot is disabled.

To be clear:

I cannot load an effect preset into a locked module in Rig Manager via double click, but drag and drop works.

I can also copy/paste a Performance Slot into a disabled Slot, but the destination Slot stays disabled. To see the content pasted you need to enable it.