Posts by Burkhard

We have a new release, which supports KEMPER Kone and KEMPER Kabinet!

It works with Rig Manager 3.0.105 and includes the following new fixes:

User Interface

fixed: UI to MIDI latency

fixed: bar direction of High Cut, High Decay, High Damp

fixed: GAIN led ring on while amp is off

fixed: logic while holding LOCK button

fixed: Rig Manager doesn't follow, if Rig gets loaded via MIDI in Browser Mode

fixed: crash of classical models caused by short-term conflicts of store and changes of View and Sorted by

changed: Incorrect Polarity selections for external switches have been causing user issues frequently. Therefor we have decided to eliminate the Polarity option for external switches and make momentary switches mandatory, which are normally open.

Owners of Mission™ expression pedals with built-in toe switch as well as PROFILER 2-way switches don't need to care. Owners of BOSS® FS-5/FS-6 switches might need to adjust polarity at their devices. Switching functions should get triggered when the button gets hit instead of when it gets released.

You are missing the point here. The issue raised by TommyJazz was already clarified as a misunderstanding (read above). Parameters currently logically blocked or superceded by other settings are greyed out. This is meaningful intended behavior.

Your picture shows a normal display which could be optimized by adjusting display Contrast in System Settings.

Ich würde das passende aktuelle OS für das betreffende PROFILER-Modell herunterladen, auspacken und die Datei "kaos.bin" ins Schlüsselverzeichnis des USB-Sticks speichern. Es sollte sich kein anderes kaos.bin auf dem Stick befinden. Dann in den PROFILER einstecken, die beiden <PAGE> Taster halten und dabei einschalten. Jetzt sollte der PROFILER gleich mit dem OS auf dem Stick starten und dieses anschließend installieren.

While editing a Performance, how do you navigate from Slot to Slot? Via front panel or foot switches? If you use foot switches, former edits within the Performance are withdrawn. So either exclusively navigate on the front panel while you edit. Or store the Performance before you move to the next Slot.

I'm a bit disapointed that fixes are only made in the Beta Version.
    I have never see this behavior by other companies.

Beta Versions means they are maybe not stable.

I will definitly NOT install a beta Versions to fix production issues.

Usually any new version is first introduced as a beta regardless if it includes features or fixes. Even fixes could cause unpredicted side effects. That's why. If the beta turns out to be stable in the field it will be elevated to release level. I think that is common practice.

When we published OS 7.2 0 initially yesterday, it didn't communicate with Rig Manager 3.0.100 available at that time. Sorry, for that!

In the meantime we relaunched OS 7.2.0 and there is a new Rig Manager 3.0.105, that fits. Both are currently beta versions!

So if you prefer avoiding being "bleeding edge" don't tick the box "Include beta test" in Rig Manager Preferences. By default this box is not ticked and you are just guided from release to release.

First make sure, your software is current.

And then please specific, if you are referring to the first Performance as it appears after the restart, which doesn't necessarily the Performance as stored. Or are you referring, that you freshly loaded?

I'm not aware of any conditions, that a Performance stored doesn't appear as stored, when freshly loaded under current software.

We just published 7.2.0 Public Beta which is prepared to support KEMPER Kone.

It should be used in combination with Rig Manager 3.0.105 and also includes the following fixes:

User Interface

fixed: Sorted By Date

fixed: Performance Load Pending left, if selecting Performance currently loaded

fixed: wrong Amplifier and Cabinet Author could be displayed, when changing Performance via MIDI

Make sure you use momentary switches and no latching switches. I'm afraid the switch with three prongs might be latching. It's mentioned in the manual and video tutorials that the PROFILER requires momentary switches!

And if your switches work with every function except looper, the polarity might be wrong. And that means the switch never works correctly by the way. With wrong polarity it triggers at the release of the button instead of when the button gets hit. You might not have noticed the malfunction at a simple on/off function but at looper control it leads to chaos. The looper processes both button hits and button releases and when you screw that logic .... garbage in garbage out. For a switch normally open you need to set Polarity to "Inverse"!

I can say that I am currently having issues where my wah is always on when I go to some rigs. I have made sure that it is saved in the off state many times.

Does this happen at the start, and is a switch connected to the Remote and configured to switch the Wah effect on/off e. g. the toe switch of a Mission expression pedal?

In that case change the polarity of that switch to Inverse in the PROFILER menu.

Hi,

I have the same issue .. kpif file and I’m not able to send it to Kemper . Can anyone help ?

.kpif is not a valid extension. .kipf would be the valid extension of a Performance file. And those can be imported into Rig Manager.

If Morphing is latching or momentary can be selected in Rig Settings on page Morph.

If Effect Buttons I-IIII are latching or momentary is handled dynamically. If you briefly hit an Effect Button the function is latching. If you hold the Effect Button for a moment, it becomes momentary.