Posts by Burkhard

I skipped the beta but i just downloaded and installed the latest firmware and RM. Ok i've got an editor now. But in Cabinet i don't see my preset cabs let alone the cabs in my rigs? I still have to browse through them manually.

The editor has the signal chain at the top and the cabinet in the middle like on the PROFILER panel. In the editor area you can click on it, tweak its parameters. And you can edit its tags in the right tagging column like before.

Presets are listed in the preset area like before and can be pulled into the appropriate modules of the signal chain of the editor area. So, for example cabinet presets can be pulled into the cabinet module.

So I downloaded both RM3 and the new OS. It all seems stable and cool. Two things I was wondering, is there a way to assign stomps to the remote buttons, and is there a way to trigger morph in the editor?

Effect Button assignments are not yet included.

Morphing is described in the Rig Manager Manual:

Edit Morphs

To make a parameter morph, simply hold B (Command) on macOS and C on Windows while changing its value. As you can see, this creates an increasing span between two colored dots. The orange dot represents the toe position whereas the blue one shows the heel position. To change the toe value, release the option key. To reverse the position of the dots and therefore reverse how the parameter will morph, drag in the opposite direction.

Keyboard Shortcuts

The following Editor specific key commands are to your disposal:

….

m Trigger Morph Ramp (to simulate morphing)

…..

Data-wise Snapshots are nothing else than Rigs. The idea of Snapshots is, that you capture some variations of a Rig, compare their sounds, and make a final decision which sounds best and store that preferred one as a Rig in your browse pool.

So, Snapshots themselves have a short-term nature and are not really meant to be exported, shared, imported. As soon as you store it as a Rig in your browse pool all these transactions are available.

You can also pick the signal from the MONITOR OUTPUT while Monitor Cab. Off is activated with Output Source set to Stack or Mod Mono or Master Mono. It's exactly that: the signal without the cab.

Master Volume is global and controls the volumes of all linked outputs maintaining their relative volume levels. So this is the way to go, if you intend to adjust the volume across the board - not just one particular Rig.

All factory Rigs come with Rig Volume at 0.0 dB. Their Amp Volume is adjusted, so that perceived volume jumps are avoided while a user runs through the Rigs. Volume jumps would make sound comparisons impossible. To achieve equal volumes it is also important to adjust Clean Sens for the guitar you use. If you prepare a particular Rig for a guitar solo, you might want to increase its Rig Volume. If you have created your own PROFILE and have the impression, that its volume is bit low compared to other PROFILEs, you can use Amp Volume to adjust.

You might also find volumes in effects, which gives you the opportunity to adjust volumes to you needs for the active effect compared to the situation when the effect is switched off.

For goodness sake! What are your wah settings coughlinkelly? Perhaps write them out so we can try the same settings. would like to try them out. I agree about the wah, it took me a while to find something I like, but then I don't use the wah a lot. Perhaps this is the kind of thing we should be sharing. It's a shame we can't export efx settings.... or can we?

This sharing is already happening:

Wah Settings

In deed!

All edits are maintained while you stay within the same Performance and navigate on the front panel. The intend is, that you don't always have to press STORE before you move to another Slot while you are setting up a Performance. But this only applies to the edit buffer! Nothing is stored! Your original stored Performance doesn't change before you press STORE again. In order to load the stored Performance again, you need to move to another Performance and return. This is how Performance Mode works since day 1. Here is what the Main Manuals says:

üWhile navigating Slots within a Performance via the PAGE buttons of the PROFILER Stage, or the left and right RIG navigation cross buttons of the other PROFILER variants, any modifications (e.g. loading another Rig, or cranking up Gain) are interpreted as editing, and will be retained until you move to another Performance. Don’t forget to store before you load another Performance, if you want to make those modifications permanent.

Not sure, if you understood my explanation. You initially stated:

"In performance mode, if I accidentally turn the browse button, it instantly saves whatever profile comes up, , replacing the profile I had worked so hard on (Additional tweeking etc that has been done within the performance...gone!! arghhhh!!!)...There is no "undo" when this happens..Is there a way to "lock" performances and the presets within them? It's frustrating to say the least.."

And that isn't true. The stored Performance doesn't get overwritten when you turn the BROWSE knob. A load of another Rig via BROWSE knob just changes the temporary edit buffer. You can reload the original Performance and it will appear unchanged - as stored.

If you edited a Rig of a Performance e. g. in Slot 3 and then turn the BROWSE knob and select another Rig, the temporary edits are gone (not the stored Performance!) . You can avoid accidental Rig loads by unselecting Autoload. In this case a selection of another Rig needs to be followed by pressing the Load button. This will probably not happen accidentally.

All this is the behavior since day one.

If you just have one pedal and want to use it for wah exclusively, I suggest

- you leave all four boxes at the top of page "Pedal Links" unticked

- and set the Mode on those five pages Pedal n to "Off", where nothing is plugged in

-and on that page Pedal x your MP is plugged in you select Mode "Pedal Type 1" and Function "Wah Pedal".

If you press calibrate on that page and move the pedal from heel to toe the bar at the top should reflect that sweep.

The bars on page "Pedal Links" reflect the incoming pedal controllers and allow to simulate those with the four soft knobs if no pedal is available.

As you have no pedal to control pedal volume, this bar should always rest at its default position, which is maximum.

As you have no pedal to control Morphing nor pitch, these bars should always rest at their default position, which is minimum.

And the wah bar should reflect your pedal sweeps across the whole range from 0 to 127.

CC 31 values 1-127 activates Tuner,

CC31 value 0 deactivates Tuner,

and if you send another program change, Tuner Mode is left as well. That is intended behavior. When you load another Rig via Rig Buttons of the Remote, Tuner Mode is equally left.