Posts by Burkhard

Yes, we have just introduced the possibility to edit effect presets, which has been a priority, because of their sheer amount. This whole logic around effect categories, types and presets with this new effect selection page, doesn't apply to input and output presets.

Normally people use three or four output presets. Volumes are not included in output presets anyhow. There is only one output section, which is global. So practically, I don't see a big inconvenience.

Backup and restore is for data and settings. The OS itself is not included. So for perfect compatibility, install identical OS versions on the systems you want to clone.

Export and import is for individual Rigs.

All these transactions can be performed between all PROFILER models. There are only little differences. A model without power amp doesn't show settings for the power amp. The Stage has different pedal assignments PEDAL 1-4, while other models have PEDAL 1-2 onboard plus PEDAL 3-6 for PROFILER Remote. The MONTIOR OUT of the Stage is stereo by definition - you could select mono sources. So,... there are a few items which you might want to check when you exchange backups between different models.

Can we revisit this please?

I am storing output profiles in browse mode on the KPA and there is no choice for "Replace". Indeed when a save an output profile it creates a new one with a duplicate name. This is not desirable behavior and I am wondering if there is some way to not have this happen.

Thanks -Frank

I guess, this is related to output presets. The replace feature has just been introduced for effect presets. It's not available for input and output presets. And I'm not convinced, this is really needed. How often do you need to modify your output presets and how many do you have?

I cannot reproduce such an issue.

Be aware of the following: If you load a Rig into preview or browse and load it via front panel, it gets loaded into the edit buffer, which is independent from the stored Rig. You could edit settings within the edit buffer without immediately changing the stored Rig . The other way around you could change tags of the stored Rig via Rig Manager and the edit buffer loaded before wouldn't immediately reflect that. Only if you browse and load the Rig once again, latest changes performed via Rig Manager will be reflected. That is normal and intended.

Rigs are marked as favorites, if you hold the RIG button for a while, or tick the box Favorite within Rig Settings, or you store a Rig while the global option "Auto Favorite" is ticked. In Rig Manager you can tick the box "Favorite" as well. Make sure, that owner names in PROFILER and Rig Manager are identical. Otherwise you might end up with two independent lists of favorites. If Rig Manager detects at the start, that owner names are not identical it suggest to automatically align those.

Like with Rigs and presets an import could include multiple Performances. Let 's say you import five Performances from your USB memory stick. Let's assume you have four Performances in "New Performance" state - no Performance is ever unoccupied. Should the software then import Performances into New Performances 17, 59, 73, 124 and leave out the fifth Performance? And in which order should it select and process these Performances? And you will then search and find these as Performances 17, 50, 73, and 124? The import of Performances into the fixed Performances structure makes only real sense if you are in control of the destination for each.

Which issue? You don't find the parameter in System Settings?

It's named "Looper Location: Input/Output" and can be found in the Main Manual as part of the Looper documentation.

The settings doesn't get touched during an upgrade.

Wenn einem das Wasser wirklich bis zum Hals steht, könnte man auch mal ins Handbuch schauen. Wenn ich im deutschen Das Grosse Handbuch nach "Power Amp" suche, erscheint das hier:

Die Einstellmöglichkeiten für die Endstufe finden Sie auf der dafür vorgesehenen Seite in der Output-Sektion:

¨   Power Amp-Schalter

Damit schalten Sie die Endstufe ein und aus. Anders als bei einer Röhrenendstufe besteht keine Notwendigkeit die digitale Endstufe im PROFILER abzuschalten, wenn keine Lautsprecherbox angeschlossen ist. Sie können die Endstufe aber bei Nichtgebrauch abschalten, um etwas Strom zu sparen.

Wenn das Signal am HEADPHONE OUT vollständig ist, dann muss es auch an anderen Ausgängen mit Output Stereo "Master Stereo" vollständig sein. Du kannst ja mal testweise Kopfhörer an einer Seite des MAIN OUT anschließen. Da kommt zwar nur Signal auf einer Seite, aber es sollte sich beurteilen lassen, ob Dry- und Wet-Anteile ankommen.

Ich vermute, du hast irgendwo an den nachliegenden Geräten eine Phase gedreht und mischt das dann zusammen. Dabei löscht sich der Dry-Anteil aus und es bleibt nur noch wet.

It cannot be done via USB memory stick, because the destination PROFILER wouldn't know which Performances should be overwritten. If your are importing Rigs and Presets these are always just added to the pile. But Performances have their fixed locations with fixed MIDI addresses and all Performances are prefilled. In Rig Manager you are able to determine the destination location for each Performance you paste e. g. Performance 96.

I do the following:

In Browser Mode I bring a stack into focus with amp A and cabinet B and press COPY.

Then I switch into Performance Mode and select a Slot e. g. Slot 2. I bring the stack into focus and press PASTE.

Now I see the name of amp A and cabinet B on the stack page.

Rig Name, Slot Name and Performance Name don't change as intended. Amp name and cabinet name change as intended.

The Rig Name represents the whole signal chain and not just the stack. If your Rig Name is Marshall 800 and you paste a VOX AC 30 into it, you might need to modify that name. But Rig Names don't always represent the stack, could be an artist or a musical style.

In cases like this try to use precise terminology.

Are you really just changing a stack or a complete Rig or a profile and how e. g. via Rig Manager, via copy/paste …..

And which name are you referring to:

the names of the amp and cab

the name of the Rig

or the name of the Slot?

Perhaps this paragraph from the Main Manual helps:

Be aware that as long as the Slot Name is identical to that of the loaded Rig, Slot Name will be automatically updated as soon as another Rig is loaded into that Slot. But if you have entered a Slot Name different to the Rig Name (for example “Solo”), it will stay untouched if you load another Rig into that Slot. However, there is a function called “Use Rig Name” on the Rename Slot screen, which allows you to reset Slot Name to Rig Name.

Indeed, these are not available any longer as preset pack.

Since OS 7.0 the corresponding Rig Manager revision 2.3 is able to handle presets (besides Rigs and Performances). This capability didn't exist in earlier Rig Manager versions. Since the whole set of factory presets has been revised to fully accommodate the new Effect Selection Page introduced in OS 7.0, it's worth to exchange the entire set of factory presets against those listed under Preset Packs/Kemper Factory Content 7, which includes all the new reverb presets.

Assuming that you have used these presets in Rigs. You could simply open the effect modules based on these presets and create new presets. You might want to change the preset names anyhow as on the new effect selection screen effect presets are already organized by effect category and type.

Which of the items listed above have you checked: Volume Pedal level, external gear looped in,...?

What was the level of Rig Volume?

What was the level of Monitor Output Volume and Headphone Volume?

In a situation like this you need to dig a bit deeper:

No output… what about the input? Any input signal indicated by the INPUT LED?

Any pedals involved? What is the level of Volume Pedal in System Settings on page Pedal Links?

What if you enable Tuner Mode ("Mute Signal" ticked?)and disable Tuner Mode using the chicken head knob?

At which level is the relevant output level in the output Section e. g. Monitor Output Volume?

Any external gear looped in? Perhaps it got disconnected and therefore the signal chain is broken.