Posts by Burkhard

You need to check out the Uno4Kemper manual on the web. The pedal functions can be assigned globally within the FCB 1010 with Uno4Kemper. You want one pedal to control Morphing via MIDI Control Change #11.

The continuous parameters to be morphed need to be assigned by Rig except if you lock the modules with the delay and reverb effects and their parameters set up for Morphing.

Can I assign the "Freeze" option of the delay to a momentary switch running on the analog ports 1 or 2?

If so, how to?

Yesterday I tried to set the "Freeze" option to a momentary morph button, but the activation of the this particular parameter as morph didn't work ...

All Action & Freeze functions can be toggled via one of the Effect Buttons I-IIII of the Remote or a momentary switch connected to one of the PEDAL jacks of PROFILER or Remote. You find "Hold" in the menu, which is the old name for Freeze.

Each effect module is always in the same position which is printed on the front panel. "X" is printed right hand side of the stack section and cannot be moved. The effect type and settings inside module X could be changed or copied to module MOD or C since day 1.

What's new are the new reverb effects, which are not restricted anymore to the REV module, but can be placed in any effect module including A, B,...,X, MOD, DLY and the fact that the REV module can now hold any effect type, e. g. distortion and not just reverb effects.

Bei UI to MIDI werden nicht alle Controller durchgereicht, sondern nur die, die nötig sind, um bei einem Live-Einsatz ein Backup-System mitzuziehen. Das schließt ein:

die Navigation durch Performances und Slots im Performance Mode,

das An- und Abschalten von Effektmodulen und Action&Freeze

sowie die vier Pedal Controller für Volume, Wah, Pitch und Morphing.

Das sind also all die Dinge, die man üblicherweise mit einem Fußcontroller wie z. B der Remote steuert.

UI to MIDI ist nicht dazu gedacht, vom Front Panel des Master-PROFILERs aus Parameter wie z. B. das Tag "Amp Name" am Slave-PROFILER zu editieren. UNDO/REDO, COPY/PASTE, STORE, Soft Buttons und Soft Knobs, Optionen in irgendwelchen Menüs, Master Volume usw. werden also nicht durchgereicht. Ich gehe z. B. davon aus, dass der Anwender vor dem Auftritt die Output Volumina beider PROFILER an die Eingänge des Mischpults anpasst und dann während des Auftritts mit dem Volume Pedal arbeitet, welches von beiden PROFILERn verarbeitet wird.

Im Normalfall wird man vor dem Auftritt vom letzten Datenstand des Masters ein Backup erzeugen und auf dem Slave restoren, um ein identisches Backup-System zu haben. Theoretisch ist es aber auch möglich, in den Performances und Slots des Slaves andere Rigs zu speichern. Sprich: Performance 3 Slot 2 im Master enthält ein Marshall-Profil und der Slave lädt mit Performance 3 Slot 2 ein Fender-Profil. Man muss sich nur im Klaren sein, dass, wenn man dann z. B. das Morph Pedal betätigt, beide PROFILER möglicherweise völlig unterschiedliche Parameter morphen. Man muss dann also zwei parallele Datenstände pflegen und immer dafür sorgen, dass alles zusammenpasst.

Das kann doch eigentlich kein Problem des PROFILERs sein. Entweder mikrofonieren Deine Pickups oder es überträgt sich Körperschall, der dann wieder die Saiten Deiner Gitarre zum Schwingen bringt. Das hat man besonders "gerne" bei A-Gitarre oder Halbresonanz. Wenn unser Bassmann spielt oder der Drummer auf die Kickdrum tritt, kann ich meine Ovation auch nicht richtig stimmen.

Signal Mute mutet natürlich den Ausgang vom PROFILER und nicht den Eingang, denn sonst hätte der Tuner ja kein Signal.

A few facts and clarifications:

Rig Manager never performs a downgrade of your PROFILER - under no circumstances. Downgrades could only be performed via USB memory stick.

Perhaps you have ticked "Include Beta Test Releases" in the Rig Manager preferences. In that case Rig Manager might have suggested an upgrade to 5.7.4 public beta yesterday. In that case, you might have upgraded from 5.7.2 to 5.7.4, which makes no difference in terms of, which reverb effects are available. You can check, which revision is currently installed on the last page of System Settings.

With 5.7 the new reverb algorithms are available in all eight effect modules A-REV. These cannot get lost. Open any module and dial the TYPE knob.

We have prepared a few reverb presets based on these new reverb algorithms. These are not imported during the upgrade. You either press "Factory Presets" in System Settings to import all factory presets including these new reverb presets. Or you download those presets from our download page (under Rig Packs) and import via USB memory stick.

This new revision fixes a few issues of 5.7.2!

It is available on our download page under "Operating System Beta Versions" as well as via Rig Manager, if you have opted for beta test releases in your Rig Manager Preferences.

And here are the fixes:

Audio

fixed: occasional Quad Delay noise
    fixed: occasional DSP error, if a Rig includes many complex effects

User Interface

fixed: MIDI CC# 70/71 didn't control Reverb Mix and Reverb Time in module REV
    fixed: MIDI CC# 35 didn't control Freeze of all delay and reverb effects of Rig
    fixed: incorrect parameter migration of reverb effects stored before 5.0

Hi mate,

I used the main outs to my 'backline' of the 2 Headrush speakers as I can then use the output volume knob to change the levels easily. I use the direct out and monitor out to the desk as I lock the output level for these. I don't go through the PA, it's only a feed to allow the guitar to be heard in our in ears from the mixer.

Last night, I didn't use any backline - it was going direct to FoH, so I switched it to master mono and took the left XLR feed. No other outputs were used.

If using the two Headrush speakers in a mono output situation - am I right in saying I can just use the two XLR outs from the kemper into each of them, and it'll still be mono (just 2 x mono signals)?

You can decide, which outputs you want to link to Master Volume and which outputs you don't want to link and run at a constant level. You can unlink MAIN OUTPUT for FOH and link MONITOR OUTPUT for your monitoring on stage. If you pair MONITOR OUTPUT and DIRECT OUTPUT ("Monitor Stereo"), any settings for the MONITOR OUTPUT affect the DIRECT OUTPUT as well - including the link to Master Volume.

If you are monitoring in mono or stereo and if you are feeding FOH mono or stereo are also completely independent decisions. You can select the Output Source of the MAIN OUTPUT independent of the MONITOR OUTPUT (potentially paired with DIRECT OUTPUT).

In that particular issue situation I have disconnected FOH from that XLR output and connect the Headrush to that XLR output. Any issue? If not, FOH problem. I would for example check, if the mixing desk is sending phantom power, which should never be the case. Perhaps that is hammering down the output amplifiers of the PROFILER.

It's not clear, which buttons you mean (external analog, MIDI, or front panel) and if your really mean "change the Performance" or change Slot.

If you reload a Performance e. g. Performance 3 coming from another Performance e. g. Performance 4, this new Performance 3 gets loaded like stored - under all circumstances.

If you navigate within the same Performance just changing Slots, temporary edits e. g. on/off states of effect modules are maintained. The PROFILER interprets this as editing the Performance. Your editing is not withdrawn as long as you navigate within the same Performance using the front panel. Editing is interpreted as permanent in nature. This is to enable comfortable editing. Otherwise users would be forced to always store before they move to another Slot.

If you change Slots via any remote controller (Remote, analog switch or MIDI), any edits including changed on/off states of effect modules are withdrawn, as this is interpreted as performing live, which means editing is temporary in nature. This might explain, why you are experiencing different behavior using either Remote or front panel to switch effect modules on/off.

A Rig does always include the effects. And you can simply check that out by just storing a Rig in a Slot of a Performance and reload that Slot.

The Effect Buttons of the Remote are not assigned automatically. You can assign those half-automatically by pressing STORE on last page of Rig Settings. Or assign them one by one and in combinations meaningful for you. The assignment process is described in the Quick Start that comes with the Remote as well as in the Main Manual.

You have three options:

1. You use the original Ethernet cable without any extensions, modifications, additional cables, plugs and sockets, ... whatsoever.

2. You use a compliant PoE injector and can use any Ethernet cables, extensions, sockets, plugs....

2. You are on your own.

Please start to consult the manual. It's all in the manual. There is even a picture and this sentence:

The PoE injector can be located close to the PROFILER e. g. in the same rack and connected via a short ethernet cable.