Posts by Burkhard

Glad I found this, I reached out to support yesterday and got the same answer mentioned above. I had been going crazy trying to activate the 'switch on release' feature or whatever needed to turn on combo switching.

In the meantime, I purchased the $20 Hotone dual footswitch and it works perfectly! The extra 2 buttons make all the difference!

Be aware that this Hotone switch is monentary and normally closed. We didn't find this info in any Hotone specs, but in a customer review at a large online dealer. PROFILERs require momentary normally open switches.

Such wrong polarity explains strange behaviors:

If you just activate and deactivate effects, this doesn't happen, when you press the button, but when you release it. Perhaps that is acceptable for you.

If you assign Bank Up/Bank Down at a Player, you might notice, that this button works against the built in BANK button. If you step one bank up at the front panel, the Player steps immediately one bank down again, since the external button has normally closed contacts.

At Head and Rack models it would be unusable with functions like Looper Stat and Looper Stop. If you assign TAP, the Beat Scanner is active all the time, except while you press the button.

Bottom line, this switch is not a perfect companion for PROFILERs.

One word of caution regarding this Hotone switch:

The PROFILER requires momentary switches, which are normally open! That info can be found in our manuals. This Hotone switch seems to be normally closed. We found this out when we received support tickets reporting strange behaviors, which can be explained by switches with inverse polarity. We didn't find this information in any Hotone specifications, but found a customer review at one of the big online dealers, which highlights the fact, that the user found out that this switch is normally closed.

The implications could be:

Switching effects on/off, doesn't happen, when you hit the button, but when you release it instead. Depending on how you work, you might not even notice this.

Functions like Looper Start and Looper Stop would be completely confused, since the timing of closing and opening the contacts is essential.

If you assign TAP at models with Beat Scanner, the Beat Scanner might be active all the time except while you hold the button.

With functions like Bank Up and Bank Down, the button might be competeing with the BANK button at the front panel. You could experience things like pressing the BANK button at the panel, the Player steps one BANK upwards and immediately one Bank down again, since the Hotone with normally closed contact gets interpreted like a normally open button being pressed.

Das könnte an einer globalen Einstellung liegen z. B. Output Source auf "DLY/REV Wet". Dann würde es aber nur bestimmte Ausgänge betreffen z. B. nie den HEADPHONE OUT. Und es wäre im Browser Mode genauso.

Wenn es aber nur im Performance Mode so ist, hast Du womöglich etwas "gelockt" z. B. ein Delay mit eingeschaltetem Freeze oder Mix>100%. Halte mal den LOCK-Taster und schau, welche Modul-Taster leuchten.

MIDI ist ja nicht verbunden. Gegebenenfalls auch mal alles von den PEDAL-Buchsen abziehen.

Beside the fact, that we try to keep all Rigs universal - imagine you double click on a Rig in Rig Exchange or a Rig pack or any commerical offerings and each comes with its specific input and output routings which doesn't fit your own physical setup - I don't understand this specific stereo/mono request.

Assuming you just want mono sounds for bass guitar, what is hindering you creating Rigs without stereo effects? Or use stereo effects, but set Stereo to 0.

Can you give an example of an effect that you need to use in the PROFILER's Effects Section for bass guitar, that forces you into an unintended stereo signal?

I don't completely understand the scenario.

When calibration is done and has been successfull, the bar below "Calibrate" moves from minimum to maximum. Is that the case? Or is this were you see the bar only following to 5% of the range? If the bar doesn't cover the fiull range, there is something wrong with cable or pedal itself.

When the bar moves from minimum to maximum, hardware seems in tact. Then it's unclear what the 5% are really related to. Does it mean each Rig starts with 100% volume when pedal rests in toe position, but you can only lower down tp 95% if expression pedal is in heel position? In that case check Volume Padal Range in Rig Settings. Its default is -5. If you set for example to -1 it could have the effect that you describe. And if Volume Pedal is locked, this affects all Rigs.

NRPN requires you to send three or four MIDI control changes to control one single parameter. The advantage is that you can reach more than 128 parameters and have a better resolution of 14 bit instead of 7 bit. If your footcontroller can only send one control change at a time and also no sysex messages, this is no solution for you.

So either your pedal board is able to send two MiDI control changes e.g. #17 (effect module A) and #18 (effect module B).

Or you could consider sending MIDI control change #16. This one control change toggels all effect modules A-REV.

Or you use Morphing and send control change #80. Morphing could control the Mix parameters of multiple effect modules. If you toggle between Mix=0% and another Mix level, it's like on and off.

Or you switch complete Rigs with different effect constellations via MIDI program changes.

I'm not sure, if you really mean "Slots". In Performance Mode you have 125 Performances, 5 Slots each. You can load each of these either via a combination of MIDI bank select LSB amd Program Changes. The bank select is redundent if you stay within one bank. You play exactly one of these Slots at a time. So what you mean by switching "on/off two Slots at the same time" is unclear.

Perhaps you mean effect modules and not Slots. Each effect module has its dedicated MIDI control change. If you send multiple of those you can toggle the on/off state of multiple modules.

It is also not clear what you mean by "prefer Browser Mode"!? Switching on/off effect modules works the same way in Browser as in in Performance Mode.

Loading sounds can be done via MIDI program changes in both modes. You just don't need to assign the program change numbers since Slots in Performance Mode have gtheir fixed assignments already.

For non of this NPRN is needed by the way.

... I used the "restore rig manager content", and selected the last backup from the head. ....

This statement is a contradiction. If you restore a Rig Manager backup, it just includes the Local Library and is therefor not related to any PROFILER being connected or not. All Rigs, presets, and Performances at MyProfiler are out of scope of Rig Manager backup and don't get touched nor overwritten, when you restore a Rig Manager backup. This even works without a PROFILER being connected.

A PROFILER backup can only be created using a USB flash drive. Such a backup can later be mounted in Rig Manager, which allows to pick and chose items and copy these into the Local Library as well as into MyProfiler.

When you copy items, make sure you stay in the corresponding area. You cannot copy Rigs into All Presets, or Presets into All Performances.

I tested Bluetooth Audio with my Player with OS 10.9.8 release here. I used Youtube "Left and Right Stereo Sound" to test on my Android smartphone. My Monitor Out is at "Master Stereo".

With left signal, right side is dead silent and vice verse.

I tested without and with Kemper Kone mode in full-range as well as Speaker Imprint mode.

Everything as should.

I don't think, this is a software issue.

Does it happen without the Remote being connected? Perhaps the TUNER button has an issue and triggers by itself. This way you could exit all menues. Are you using the original Ethernet cable? Have you tested another short one?

If it happens without Remote, perhaps the chickenhead? Which mode are you using? Browser Mode?

I suggest, you open a support ticket.

Found it.

CC 50-54 for rigs

PC 0-4 for banks.

Control change # 50-54 load the five Slots within the current bank, correct! Send with value >0 and close transaction with value 0.

Program changes don't load banks. Program changes 1-50 load to 50 Rigs in the Player straight and across all banks.

Banks can be preloaded via control change # 47. Since the Player has 10 banks, the value range is 0-9.

Ecample: CC#47 value 5 followed by CC#53 value 1 loads Bank 6 Slot 4.

OS 10.9.8 is our new release revision for the PROFILER Player!

This PROFILER OS requires at least Rig Manager 3.5.27 for Windows(R)/macOS(R), Rig Manager 1.7.2 for iOS(R), and Rig Manager 1.7.0 for Android(R)/Fire OS(R).

Rig Manager 3.5.27 requires at least Windows(R) 10 or macOS(R) 10.14.

User Interface

fixed: Player tries to initiate OS update first instead of restore, when FX1+FX2+BANK buttons get pressed during start cycle (since OS 10.9.7)

Documentation

Player Main Manuals updated and reflecting latest functionality

Known Issues

Combo foot switch functions not yet implemented

Rig Manager displays scale of Predelay in Echo Reverb as 0-320 ms instead of the real 0-2000 ms.

Clean Compensation planned to be added in OS 11