Posts by Burkhard

I don't know, how you do it, it works as it should. In Performance Mode in Browser Mode. Loading different Slots or just browsing other Rigs from the Browse Pool. 5.4.1 Release.

Let's say, I start with the default Performance 1 "Example: Mars Amps" Slot 3. I assign Module A to Effect Button I. Then I assign the Modules DLY and REV to Effect Button IIII. Then I press and hold Lock Button plus pressing Stomps followed by Effects Button. Now I can switch via Remote Rig Buttons, front panel Navigation Cross, select another Rig using the Browse Knob,... The Stomps and Effects Sections stay including the button assignments. I don't need to store the Performance with the new button assignments.

By the way the more effective method to do this would be Selective Browse instead of locking whole Sections. Bring the Stack into focus and then turn the Browse Knob. Now you can browse "Fom Rigs" in your Browse Pool but just the Stack Section in focus.

1) NEVER plug an active cab in the RED speaker output of the Kemper. This will damage your cab. Use the monitor out instead. You can turn off the Kemper's power amp in the output menu, but it's not mandatory.
    2) Like I said before, I'd use the monitor output in order to be independent from the main output which goes to FOH.

Even worse: connecting a powered speaker, which is grounded, to the Speaker Output of the built in power amp would seriously damage the power amp!!! Don't do that! Warning in the manual.

Don't focus that much on Master Volume, which doesn't have an absolute scale e. g. in dB. You might nor use the current Profiler OS, which displays all the individual output volumes, when Master Volume is turned. Check at which level is the volume of the particular output the iNuke is connected to e. g. Monitor Output.

Other than that I saw that the iNuke has a built in DSP, which includes a number of features like crossover, eq, limiter,...which can be configured via Behringer software. Have you checked those settings? Perhaps something is screwed there. Perhaps there is a way to reset all those settings to a meaningful default without using that software.

I understand, that this is the case after a restart of the G-System. It defaults back to MSB 0 during the restart.

But what if you manually select and load for example preset 150 in the G-System, which is within MSB 1? Can't you then load presets within MSB 1 (100-199) with simple program changes? The Profiler for example stays in the current bank, until you actively send another bank select. Does the G-System really default back to MSB 0, which are the factory sounds, the user cannot modify?

Thanks for explaining your work flow even more in detail!

Please accept, that we are interested in such inputs and at the same time looking for ways to fulfill needs with existing features without adding another mode, another philosophy, another twist, another option, .... and consequently increase the complexity of the product. These are trade offs. Often a bit of creativity and flexibility is more effective in the interest of the whole user community.

But I understand your specific case!

The table on page 50 seems to confirm my assumption:

MSB ....................Program Change
    0 .........................0-99................................... 100 Factory Presets
    1 .........................0-99................................... 100 User Presets
    2 .........................0-99................................... another 100 User Presets

If you store your sounds in the 100 User Presets of one of those two MIDI Banks either MSB 1 or 2, you don't need to send MSB all the time. Program changes should be sufficient to switch within the same MIDI Bank. Worst case you need to manually load one of the presets inside the intended MIDI Bank at the beginning e. g. before the concert. From then onwards the Profiler could trigger loading one of up to 100 different sounds of the G-System.

In the interest of fast switching we have already optimized Performance Mode. As a consequence, if you load a new Performance all up to five Slots are preloaded and you can then switch quickly amongst these. We don't want to take a step backwards in this area. So, I guess, you need to investigate, how you can organize your sounds - including stomps and morphing - in a way, that reduces the need to switch Performance in the middle of a song. Perhaps you could setup additional Performances with different combinations of the same Rigs based on musical style.

I checked the G-System manual. I didn't find any reference to MSB and how the internal presets are organized. It appears, the G-System has 100 factory presets and space to memorize another 200 user presets. Is it three MIDI banks (MSB 0-2) with 100 presets each (program change 0-99)? Do you know? In it's MIDI chapter the G-System manual doesn't mention MSB. It's also not mentioned in their MIDI implementation table. What they call "Bank" in their preset list - each bank has five presets - is not MIDI related. That's not MSB.

MSB and LSB are used to extend the address room, if 128 program changes are not sufficient. Normally MSB and LSB are redundant. In other words, MIDI program changes are sufficient to load presets as long as you don't need to switch to another MIDI bank. Therefor I'm assuming, you could organize your sounds for example in the first 100 user presets of the G-System and let the Profiler send just program changes to switch amongst those 100 presets.

Why is that not possible and sufficient?

May I ask for more explanation, what exactly the intended setup and the purpose is?

The Profiler itself can receive LSB (Least Significant Bit) plus program change to address all 625 Slots in Performance Mode. So the Profiler doesn't use MSB.

Yes, thanks, that helps! I can now reproduce that. And in deed seems to be specific to Module D. Tone anomaly seems to be specific to the Green Scream. However Mix seems to affect other Distortions as well e. g. Mouse and Muffin. Reported to engineering! Thanks for highlighting this!

Please be more specific describing step by step what your issue is, because as generic as you are describing it, people perform this all the time successfully.

The formulation "can you load up a preset that you have made before, change it slightly and save it under a slightly different name?" includes an inaccuracy related to the two "it". When you load a Preset it loads all parameters of an effect stored in that Preset. And in this case of a Green Scream the list of parameters is the Effect Type=Green Scream plus the values of Drive, Tone, Mix, and Volume. As soon as this Preset is loaded, there is no reference left other than these parameter values. So you cannot change "it" and you cannot save "it". Loading a Preset is identical to selecting the Effect Type via Type Knob and dialing in those parameters manually. That's all. Loading it via Preset is just more convenient, if you require same parameter settings frequently. At any time when a Module or Section is in focus you can press Store, select to create a Preset instead of a complete Rig and then on the next screen edit the suggested name to anything you want and then complete the store.

Example: I open Module C, use the Browse Knob to select the preinstalled Preset "DIST Green Crunch". It loads Type=Green Scream, Drive=5.6, Tone=8.0, Mix=100%, Volume=0. I can now change any parameter(s) for example Tone=3.0 or leave all parameters as they are. I press Store, select "C Module", the edit page suggests the name of the Presets loaded the last time, in this case "DIST Green Crunch". Here I can edit that suggested name into "DIST Green Scream 2" or "Fitziputzli". The next Store will finalize the creation of a new Preset. A new Preset is born. If I now open Module B I can turn the Browse Knob and select "Fitziputzli" from the list of Effect Presets. "DIST Green Crunch" is also still available. "Fitziputzli" loads Type=Green Scream, Drive=5.6, Tone=3.0, Mix=100%, Volume=0, as expected. If I miss to edit the suggested name "DIST Green Scream", a second Preset will be created with this same name. I will afterwards find two Presets "DIST Green Scream" in that list of Effect Presets, one with Tone=8.0, the other with Tone=3.0. If you want to get rid of the original one, you need to use the Browse Knob to select that Preset, which loads Tone=8.0, and while you are on the Browse Screen press the Soft Button "Delete".

It has never been possible to replace or rename any Preset in any software revision so far. If you store a Preset it's always a new one, whatever name you pick. And you can obviously delete Presets you don't want anymore. There is no screen with "Replace", "Store As", and "Rename" like when you store Rigs. When you store a Preset, the Profiler defaults to the name of the Preset you loaded last time. However, you can change this name to anything you want. This could be enhanced, on the other hand we don't assume a constant need to modify Presets.

I guess, the scale of the Green Scream has been modified without any effect on the sound of stored Rigs nor Presets.

I can create Presets of the Green Scream with any values I want, store and reload those.

Preset Names are given names. If you create a new Preset e. g. for the Green Scream, what is hindering you to assign a name which is meaningful? And if this name is not unique it's probably not meaningful enough.

This is part of the Profiler philosophy which applies not just to Presets, but also to Rigs, and Snapshots.... You can have multiple Rigs with identical names in the Profiler Browse Pool and in Rig Manager. I think, that is no problem as you can still use other criteria e. g. the creation date to distinguish. Otherwise the Profiler would hinder you to import somebodies Rig "Alright" or "Marshall TLS" if you had already any Rigs with such names. I guess, the opportunity for Presets is to make their creation date/time stamp visible.

I tested with our current 5.4.1 Release (recommended!) and it works as expected.

Make sure, you are not confused by the fact that multiple Presets could co-exist with identical names. And you need to turn the Browse Knob to select Presets. If you turn the Type knob only the Effect Type changes to Green Scream, while all other parameter settings stay untouched.