Posts by Burkhard

@'burkhard I know this is probably on your list ( hence the "yet") but this would help the uptake of merged profiles...would be great to see that.

Unfortunately it is a bit more complex as you could pick components of Direct, Studio Profiles, or Merged Profiles and combine these with other components e. g. Cabinet Presets based on impulse responses,...and you receive all kind of combinations of components of high precision and highest precision. How should we call those derived combinations? How much complexity do you want? I guess, we havn't finally made our mind how to deliver really meaningful information without making it too complicated so that it creates more confusion than enlightenment. Perhaps the most effective approach is, if users just trust their ears and stick to the sounds, they like most.

Honestly, if we would add options for all such corner cases, the Profiler would be as complicated as SAP.

Given your very minimalistic approach and setup you cannot expect experiencing no limitations.

You could use another controller board. Doesn't have to be a Profiler Remote. MIDI boards come in all sizes. Have you considered Uno4Kemper?

Or you get rid of the external equipment looped in. If you want to keep your setup that puristic, why can't you survive with onboard effects then?

Or you place your effect loop in the Delay Module...

Just noticed that if they aren't on as default they need to be pushed again ... so playing in different tuning requires 2 sets of rigs

ps : to bad the looper led (or tap) is not lid when these buttons serve a different function

The effect type you are referring to as "Detune" is probably "Transpose"!?

If a Module is locked it maintains not only its content during Rig or lot changes - in this example the Transpose with a particular Pitch setting - but also its on/off state. What is stored in a Rig in this Module isn't relevant.

The Stomp Presets are available as download on our download page:

New Delay Demonstration Preset Pack

This Preset Pack includes example applications of the new Delay Types introduced in Profiler Operating System 5.0. These Presets are not compatible with any software revision before 5.0.

Presets cannot be imported via Rig Manager. The pack does include a step by step description how to import these Presets via USB stick.

There has always been one unique volume parameter in the Stack Section. In the beginning it used to reside in the Cabinet Module. We migrated this same parameter into the Amp Module, when we introduced Direct Profiles, which have no cabinet by definition. We wanted to make this parameter available for every type of Profile. The values were maintained so that there were no sound nor volume changes affecting any Rigs. So, just one parameter which moved from one Module into another one.

If you want to balance the volume of FOH with cabinet simulation and physical guitar cabinet on stage without cabinet simulation you should do that using the output volumes, which are global by definition. Adjust the level of Main Output Volume versus Monitor Output Volume once. No need to adjust and store every Rig. This is what output volumes are here for.

What cannot be seen in that video: The pedal needs to be in toe position. Otherwise parameter changes are not interpreted as intended morph values. This applies to amp parameters like to any other parameters in the Rig. Have you tried to include other parameters in the Morphing e. g. Treble?

Perhaps your pedal controlling Morph pPedal isn't calibrated correctly and its toe position doesn't reach maximum value. Check its bar in the System Settings and recalibrate as needed.

This thread started as "Can only hear Reference Amp". Both @eric86 and @SQUAREHEAD claimed that regardless of if they select "Kemper Amp" or "Reference Amp" in Profiler Mode, they always hear the Reference Amp.

I suggested to falsify this theory by disconnecting the cable to the Reference Amp. If I do that and select Kemper Amp and hear a signal on my speakers connected to the Profiler. That cannot be the reference amp as there is no cable connection, right? If I now select Reference Amp, I hear no signal from my monitor speakers. This must be the disconnected cable now. So, everything works as should!

I don' know, what you disconnected in which Mode ... and why you now don't hear anything when Kemper Amp is selected. It's not that difficult. Perhaps you could start with simply profiling a cable. Plug a cable between Send and Return and profile that. It will be recognized as a clean Direct Profile (cab will be shut off). Perhaps this helps to understand the concept.

Das Output wie auch das Input Routing ist heute komplett global und wird nicht im Rig gespeichert. Wir denken über solche Features nach, werden sie aber vermutlich nicht ans Rig koppeln. Denn Rigs sollen universell einsetzbar und zwischen den Usern leicht austauschbar sein und bleiben. Wenn man bei jedem Rig, welches man mal aus der User Rig Exchange anspielen möchte, erst die Inputs, Outputs und womöglich die Pedale und Schalter sortieren muss (solche Vorschläge gibt es auch), wird das sehr unpraktisch.

Man kann sich heute nur behelfen, indem man den Performance Mode verwendet. Dort kann man den Slots MIDI Program Changes zuordnen und damit externe Schalter triggern.

Ich werde diesen Thread mal in den deutschen Bereich verschieben.

We try to keep user specific setups like pedals, pedal assignments, pedal links,... separate from the Rigs in order not to compromise the compatibility if Rigs get shared amongst users with different environments. That's why pedal assignments and links are all global settings.

And as you figured out, if you select "MorphPedal to Wah" and "MorphPedal to Pitch" the pedal controls Morph, Pitch and Wah simultaneously. And if you want to control just one e. g. you make sure, there is no active Morph and no active Pedal Pitch effect in that Rig. So either you switch to another Rig with different effect configuration OR you have a buttons switch Pedal Pitch off and Wah on. The Remote offers both possibilities. I guess, you need to live with some limitations with your puristic setup.

One way is to press and hold the Lock Button. Buttons of locked Modules and Sections light up while the rest stays dark. You can now select/deselect locked Modules and Sections e. g. the REV Module.