Posts by Burkhard

... I used the "restore rig manager content", and selected the last backup from the head. ....

This statement is a contradiction. If you restore a Rig Manager backup, it just includes the Local Library and is therefor not related to any PROFILER being connected or not. All Rigs, presets, and Performances at MyProfiler are out of scope of Rig Manager backup and don't get touched nor overwritten, when you restore a Rig Manager backup. This even works without a PROFILER being connected.

A PROFILER backup can only be created using a USB flash drive. Such a backup can later be mounted in Rig Manager, which allows to pick and chose items and copy these into the Local Library as well as into MyProfiler.

When you copy items, make sure you stay in the corresponding area. You cannot copy Rigs into All Presets, or Presets into All Performances.

I tested Bluetooth Audio with my Player with OS 10.9.8 release here. I used Youtube "Left and Right Stereo Sound" to test on my Android smartphone. My Monitor Out is at "Master Stereo".

With left signal, right side is dead silent and vice verse.

I tested without and with Kemper Kone mode in full-range as well as Speaker Imprint mode.

Everything as should.

I don't think, this is a software issue.

Does it happen without the Remote being connected? Perhaps the TUNER button has an issue and triggers by itself. This way you could exit all menues. Are you using the original Ethernet cable? Have you tested another short one?

If it happens without Remote, perhaps the chickenhead? Which mode are you using? Browser Mode?

I suggest, you open a support ticket.

Found it.

CC 50-54 for rigs

PC 0-4 for banks.

Control change # 50-54 load the five Slots within the current bank, correct! Send with value >0 and close transaction with value 0.

Program changes don't load banks. Program changes 1-50 load to 50 Rigs in the Player straight and across all banks.

Banks can be preloaded via control change # 47. Since the Player has 10 banks, the value range is 0-9.

Ecample: CC#47 value 5 followed by CC#53 value 1 loads Bank 6 Slot 4.

OS 10.9.8 is our new release revision for the PROFILER Player!

This PROFILER OS requires at least Rig Manager 3.5.27 for Windows(R)/macOS(R), Rig Manager 1.7.2 for iOS(R), and Rig Manager 1.7.0 for Android(R)/Fire OS(R).

Rig Manager 3.5.27 requires at least Windows(R) 10 or macOS(R) 10.14.

User Interface

fixed: Player tries to initiate OS update first instead of restore, when FX1+FX2+BANK buttons get pressed during start cycle (since OS 10.9.7)

Documentation

Player Main Manuals updated and reflecting latest functionality

Known Issues

Combo foot switch functions not yet implemented

Rig Manager displays scale of Predelay in Echo Reverb as 0-320 ms instead of the real 0-2000 ms.

Clean Compensation planned to be added in OS 11

Sorry, I don't understand your scenario.

MIDI foot switches of which 3rd party MIDI device are you referring to?

The built-in footswitches 1, 2 and 3 of the Player don't do any MIDI.

What are "50" and "51" referring to? The Player has just 50 Rigs. And if this is about MIDI control changes - basically CC# 50-54 to load Rigs within a bank of the Player: 50 always loads Rig 1 of the current bank, and 51 always loads Rig 2 of the current bank. None of these individually toggels between Rigs. So I'm back to my first question: Which MIDI device is sending?

Calibation is a good idea.

To verify, that the switch as such isn't falty, discinnect the TS cable from the toe switch socket of the Mission pedal and just use a piece of metal e.g. a paper clip to close the contacts between the jack's tip and sleeve. If the settings are correct, there is an effect in the assigned effect module e.g. module B and you pressed Calibrate, each short cut performed should toggle the effect on/off.

MIDI CC# 50-54 do the trick.

From the Main Manual MIDI chapter:

If Rig Button Morph is activated in System Settings, and the PROFILER receives subsequent control changes #50-#54 following the initial Slot load, these will trigger Morphing. So, the same button could be used to first load a Rig, and then act as a Morph Button for that Rig. To support all functions, values 1-127 should be sent when the button is hit, and value 0 should follow when the button is released. The setting of the “Momentary” option in Rig Settings determines whether the Morphing latches the morph sound and base sound, or if it immediately returns to the base sound as soon you release the button.

Just to emphasize a bit more the comment my colleague made: If you load a Rig with just a DI amp PROFILE, this overwrites the global imprint settings, since the software assumes you intend to play acoustic guitar. Therefor the KEMPER Kone temporarily runs in full-range mode until you load the next Studio or Merged Rig. By the way, you are also sending an amp sound simulation without cabinet to FOH via the MAIN OUT. Not a good idea.

Therefor you should always use complete PROFILEs like Studio PROFILES or Merged PROFILEs for Speaker Imprint Mode, wven if the Imrpint Mode itself doesn't use the cabinet. There is also a releated hint in the Main Manual.

No, the page address 4 is not related to the control change # 4, but the MSB of the parameter number, which corresponds to Rig Settings.

Example:

Set Transpose in Rig Settings to +1:

CC#99 value 04 adress page Rig Settings

CC#98 value 04 parameter Transpose within Rig Settings

CC#06 value 00 Value MSB in this case always 0

CC#38 value 65 Value LSB (65 = Transpose +1). The valid range spans from 28 (Transpose = -36) to 100 (Transpose = +36). Value 64 is Transpose = 0.

The TRS sockets of the Player's Monitor Out are balanced. Both Main Out and Monitor Out don't need any DI box.

Depending on the input sockets of the receiving device you either need a TRS cable, or a cable with TRS on one side and XLR male on the other side or a standard XLR cable and a simple balanced adapter on the Player side.

Hi Burkhard, I can't show a video. It happened when I used a midi program change from one rig to the next. I called this popup but as Don indicated, this had to do with two lookalike but different amps and then, by midi change, there's suddenly Middle and not in the previous one...

Please try to follow and understand the hints that were given. It has been explained that this behavior is intentional and related to a feature called "Liquid Profile". So please read the related chapter in the manual instead of running in circles with us.

dee1013 As far as I see you have not placed a support ticket yet. However this seems like a misunderstanding:

If you buy a used unit which has owner name "ooooo" or the unit has been reset and has returned to its default owner name "Me (xxxxx)",

and you connect this unit to your Rig Manager, this message pops up:

"The author's name of your KEMPER PROFILER differs from the name in Rig Manager. Do you want to set both to <name set in Rig Manager>?"

So your Rig Manager won't adopt the name of the pre-owner of the PROFILER, but the PROFILER will adopt your user name set in your Rig Manager application instead. Just confirm this offering and you are done. If you don't confirm, it will keep popping up at every RIg Manager start.