Posts by Burkhard

For my needs, a simple approach would be way more than adequate - have two separate morphs, and any given parameter could be assigned to either of these morphs, but not both. This would allow me to use one for volume and gain (rhythm vs lead), and the other for any effects.

Do you need two pedals to continuously shift parameters? Or is at least one Morphing layer dedicated to instant (without ramp) parameter switching via button?

Regarding item 2 of Wheresthedug...

It's not clear to me, how this Delay Mix pedal is exactly supposed to work.

Is it supposed to directly control the Delay Mix within the DLY module across its full range from 0% - 100% (wet),

or within a defined range and if so range defined by Rig or globally,

or could it be an offset as described above, which affects all delay effects within the Rig?

You make a case for a Morphing Pedal plus a dedicated Delay Mix Pedal plus a dedicated Reverb Mix Pedal, and you probably use a Volume Pedal. What about Wah? At that point you are running out of PEDAL-sockets. This appears as an absolute corner case to me. If your role model is an analog rig with that many pedals, where every component can be switched on/off and each pedal and switch sticks globally, then the Remote might be the wrong foot controller for you, because it is fundamentally based on a Rig-switching philosophy plus extentions (Effect Buttons, Morphing and Locking). Introducing three Morphing layers would be a complete overkill and overwhelm the vast majority of users. In such corner cases the solution might be, keep using a universal MIDI footcontroller like your RJM. The number of pedals is only limited by the pedal sockets of that foot controller and the PROFILER supports to control nearly any parameter via NRPN. There is nothing wrong with that.

My objective here is to identify a "center of gravity" how we can cover some unfullfilled needs with an enhancement, that doesn't introduce too much complexity burdon for everybody and nicely fits into the existing philosophy.

The idea of global morphing is slightly different. It is related to global parameters. Parameters which are not stored in Rigs e.g. Looper Volume or Monitor Output Volume. This would be logically seperated from the Morphing of Rig-specific parameters that we have today. No overlap.

I can also not imagine how a global Morphing of Rig-specific parameters would work, while the corresponding modules are not locked.

Example: you have a Phaser in module D, set up Rate for Morphing, and then load another Rig with a distortion effect in module D. What is this Rate Morphing now supposed to do? I guess, the only logical approach is to lock a module, in this example module D. Now the Phaser sticks including its morphing. So you can always morph its Rate. But this is, how it works today already.

The idea of a global Morphing of Delay Mix and Reverb Mix includes the introduction of two additional global parameters: Delay Mix Offset and Reverb Mix Offset. The Rigs would stay as they are today and could include any kind of delay and reverb effects in any combination and order. But there would be an additional capapability to decrease or increase the delay and reverb mixes using these new offset parameters.

Example: You have a Rig with a delay in module DLY, Mix at 30%. The global Delay Mix Offset is at default 0. What you hear is 30%. Now you crank up Delay Mix Offset to +10. Now both are adding up and you hear a cumulated delay mix of 40%. If you now load another Rig with a delay in module DLY, which has Delay Mix at 50%, you effectively hear 50+10=60%. You could also decrease by selecting a negative value for Delay Mix Offset. If you load another Rig with an empty module DLY, the offset has no effect. These two new global parameters Delay Mix Offset and Reverb Mix Offset could also be included in a global Morphing as described at the beginning.

This new 8.0.5 public beta does some housekeeping:

Rig Manager 3.0.145 required!

User Interface

fixed: accidental Performance skipping, when using Up/Down buttons of Rig navigation cross at classical PROFILER models

You are bringing up another interesting aspect.

I'm wondering how many users are requesting another pedal to continuously control Delay Mix, because Morphing is already occupied for switching functions beyond the four Effect Buttons, which is a kind of bi-product of Morphing, not its primary purpose.

That could imply parameter jumps. Let's assume: Morph 1 controls Delay Mix between 30 and 60% while Morph 2 controls Delay Mix between 30 and 10%. Current state is 50% and now you move Morph Pedal 2. I guess , a kind of soft catch would be needed OR each parameter can only belong to one Morphing within a Rig. As soon as Delay Mix is included in Morph 1, it cannot be included in Morph 2 and vice verse.

These players in the videos control delay mix via pedal. That application is no real suprise and can be achieved with our Morphing. If you lock the DLY module, your delay even becomes global. The videos don't directly make a case for needing something like Morphing on top of a delay mix pedal. Actually these traditional analog floor board setups shown in the videos cannot simultaneously morph parameters across various stomp boxes and amp and cab at all.

From Main Manual 7.5:

• While navigating Slots within a Performance via the PAGE buttons of the PROFILER Stage, or the left and right RIG navigation cross buttons of the other PROFILER variants, any modifications (e.g. loading another Rig, or cranking up Gain) are interpreted as editing, and will be retained until you move to another Performance. Don’t forget to store before you load another Performance, if you want to make those modifications permanent.
    • As soon as you load another Slot from your foot controller, or foot buttons of the PROFILER Remote or Stage, any former modifications within that Performance are interpreted as temporary tweaks during a live performance and will be discarded immediately. If, for example, you had activated a booster in module B, or increased Delay Mix via pedal, any such changes will be lost if you switch Slots remotely. This way, you can always be sure that Slots will be loaded in their original, predictable state during live performances.
    • However, there is an exception to this practice: While Rig Manager is connected, any modifications are interpreted as editing and maintained during Slot changes as long as you stay within the same Performance.

This is only possible, if all these Rigs have an effect in one of the modules A-D, which has volume set below zero.

In that case it's related to this modification documented in the ReadMe, which had been requested by users:

changed: automatic amp volume compensation in combination with distortion effects, which have volume set below zero

No, we were not able to reproduce this. Be aware, that you can assign the same Rig Name multiple times, if you miss to edit the suggested original Rig Name. But it doesn't mean anything got overwritten. You can distinguish Rigs by author names (new Rig reflects your owner name as author) and by creation date.

The last activity in this thread had been in April 2018. This doesn't seem to be a current issue.

Here is my idea:

One or more morph parameters can be assigned to each performance switch (2nd click). So it is possible to control delay with switch 1, gain with switch 2, rig volume with switch 3 etc. In Stomp and FX-Module we can assign several stomps to on switch (I-IIII). For me it would be nice to transfer this idea to morph. So there will be the possiblity to morph several parameters on one click. The parameters must be assigned to the switch like it is in Stompmodule.

While Slot 1 is loaded, Rig Button 1 is ready for a second click, but the other four Rig Buttons 2-5 are ready for first clicks to load Slots 2-5. If these would switch parameters within Slot 1, how would you reach the other four Slots?

The second click on Rig Button 1 does exactly what you describe "morph several parameters on one click", if Rig Button Morph is enabled. You can trigger Morphing via Rig Button or external momentary switches. Why do you need this functionality twice within one Rig?

I don't understand the concrete "business case". Sometimes I have the impression people don't make effective use of the capability to memorize 625 complete signal chains in Performance Mode. If the target is to cover all possible sound permutations with just one to three Rigs, we might run out of buttons and pedals.

So, please describe the scenario as concrete as possible for what you need a seperate (from Morphing) control of Delay Mix and Reverb Mix. And not from the perspective of how the feature should look like, but from the perspective of the need: "when this happens on stage I want to adjust Delay Mix and cannot use Morphing, because....". Based on this understanding we can consider the most effective approach to cover this need. Looper Volume is clear as this is not in scope of Morphing today.

I agree. From what I've read, it seems that people ideally would like the morphing of delay and reverb to be akin to using the Lock function; switching between slots will ignore the base values and keep whatever the morphed values were at the time of switching.

That could lead to a totally different solution. Something like Performance specific locking of effect modules e.g. DLY and REV. Global locking of effect modules does already exsist.

mine's also freezing since the update. everything mostly lit up like normal but not the page, store, exit buttons etc. can't change patches via Rig Manager. tried power cycling. Will try reconnecting usb cable...

This thread is originally about a screen problem. I see no relation to what you describe "also freezing"!?

Narrow in. What if Rig Manager isn't connected?

Be explicit. PAGE, STORE and EXIT buttons are only lit in specific situations. In which concrete situation do you expect the EXIT button to be lit and it isn't?