Posts by Burkhard

Looking at this Morningstar MC 6 Pro I see, that it offers both single button and combo button functions. I guess, this has a consequence: single button functions don't work, when you hit the single button, but when you release the single button. Could it be that you are not aware and interpret this as "latency"? When you hit the first button the unit cannot know, if your intend is triggering a single function or if you will hit a second button soon, since your real intend is to trigger a combo function.

That is a natural downside of combo button functions. We will have the same, when we will introduce combo button functions at the Player. Combo switch functions can be executed as soon as you hit the second button. But single button functions wait until you release the single button. That is something you need to get used to and adapt your workflow to. We explain this downside in our manual in detail.

Perhaps that is the reason, why ipran is observing fast scrolling and latent selecting.

Perhaps the Morningstar is not waiting until you release a single button, but works with a timeout. And that is, what you experience as latency.

I guess, you need to be more specific:

In which module have you placed Loop Stereo? Is it module X or MOD?

"delay is off" is that related to the external effect looped in, or an onboard effect and in which module is it located? Module DLY?

If external, do you switch the external delay off or the effect module at the PROFILER?

"other pedals" are these other effects in the PROFILER and in which module?

Or are these external effects looped in potentially in combination with the external delay?

Just a guess, if this happens in modules DLY and REV the parameter DLY+REV Routing might have an influences, since it determines the signal routing. You find it in Rig Settings.

I guess, different subjects are mixed up here:

1. My first comment was in response to @bluesman666 who supported your request in explicit context of "building performances" and "using a midi controller". Can you explain why editing program changes in Rig Manager is meaningful in that context? On the receiving end it's not needed and on the sending end .... wouldn't the midi controller be the logical device to send MIDI comands to the various receiving devices instead of building a kind of logical MIDI daisy chain? I try to understand this business case.

2. drbill is commenting regarding the PROFILER as device that sends MIDI. I do understand that business case.

3. You ( ajbsmirnoff) use the PROFILER as receiving device, but in Browser Mode. I do understand why assigning PC numbers in Browser Mode is a bit cumbersome. But that is a bit of legacy and evolved before Performance Mode has been introduced. Enabling this in Rig Manager rationalizes the process only partly. Performance Mode doesn't need assignments on the receiving end, since its addresses are fixed. Why can't you use Rig Manager to put Rig A into for example "box 34" (Performance 7 Slot 4) and then set PC#34 in your Helix accordingly. And Performance Mode isn't limited to loading 128 Rigs max since it adds MIDI bank select. And in Performance Mode you have Slots, which allows to maintain and store MIDI send data independent from Rigs. I try to understand, why we should enhance Browser Mode towards capabilities, that Performance Mode already offers.

Generally, I don't think, that storing MIDI addresses in Rigs is a good approach.

1. It collides with Performance Mode, which is designed for live performances and offers a fixed MIDI address structure. Instead of assigning MIDI addresses you put Rigs into Slots with fixed MIDI addresses. And that is what Rig Manager is here for.

2. There are only 128 program change numbers, which are quickly exhausted in Browser Mode (up to 1000 Rigs) and Performance Mode (625 Rigs). So you have duplicate assignments all over the place. Think about the more than 20000 Rigs in Rig Exchange. What is the value add of on average 156 Rigs per unique program change number?

From my perspective Rigs should be reserved as universal sound data and not include organizational user preferences which could interfere with other users' set ups and preferences.

+1

Please had MIDI parameters/options to be programmed via the Rig Manager app. (Assign Midi PC# and CC#, global midi channel. )
    I would be a useful addition to the editor in order to build performance for the user using a midi controller with the Kemper Profiler.
    Cheers,

If you use a MIDI controller with a PROFILER as receiving device and you are building Performances, there are no configurable program changes nor control changes!?

I'm wondering what you need Rig Manager for, practically. Each Performance and Slot has its fixed MIDI address (bank select MSB plus program change) and each effect module and parameter has its fixed control change or NRPN number.

Examples:

Performance 36 Slot 4 is MIDI Bank Select MSB 2 and program change 51 - fixed.

Effect Module B is Control Change #18 - fixed.

The programming takes place at the MIDI controller side, which might offer its own app for this purpose.

The only item you need to set at the PROFILER side is the receiving MIDI channel and that is one global setting. Selecting this channel once at the PROFILER hardware is a matter of a few seconds.

The Effect Buttons I-IIII cannot only switch modules on/off, but also trigger Action&Freeze functions like Infinity or Rotary Speaker Speed. How to integrate these into Rig Manager in a smooth manner is not obvious, but our engineering will find a solution....

Da bietet sich natürlich ein PROFILER Player an. Man schaltet alle Module aus und benutzt nur den Space in der Output Sektion, den man zusätzlich zum Headphone Out auch für den Main Out aktivieren kann. 8o

Locking is a global setting. It doesn't happen on a Rig level and isn't stored by Rig. Therefor it cannot be transferred to the Player via Rig transfer, And the Player has no Locking feature.

My suspicion is, that the effects section has been switched off in those Rigs. If such a Rig gets imported into a PROFILER Stage, the section gets automatically activated. But it seems, the Player doesn't do that. Our engineering is looking into this. In the meantime you need to make sure that the Stomps, Stack and Effects Section of those Rigs are not switched off, which should normally not be the case.

The only workaround coming to my mind: Switch on effects section in Player via NRPN comands:

CC #99 value 04

CC #98 value 66

CC #06 value 00

CC #38 value 01

66 is for the effect section. Stomps section is 64 and stack is 65.

That is the nature of cables: wearing out. Always have a set of spare cables. And if you experience any signal issue, test with spares - before anything else.

There is no wireless power amp to speaker connection. Generally, a wireless guitar system might be convenient in some sense but won't make your setup more reliable, but introduces more components of potential failures. If there is a signal issue with wireless equipment being involved, first check: exchange wireless against cable.

Das Signal der DAW wird am Kemper Kone - bei richtiger Einstellung - immer full-range und linear wiedergegeben. Es geht nicht furch Amp, Cab und auch nicht durch Speaker Imprints usw..

Ich würde mal checken, ob nicht Reamping in den USB Einstellungen aktiviert ist.

Volume is MIDI control change #7 and a continuous controller.

Value 0 is minimum, so normally mute and value 127 is maximum, so normally the stored volume of the Rig loaded. However, you can send any value in between for various levels of volume.

Assuming you have a device to trigger Morphing, which could be

- an expression pedal directly connected or via MIDI CC#11

- a temporary switch triggerng Morphing with ramps (Rise Time and Fall Time) or MIDI CC#80

- this could also be the Rig Buttons of a Remote or Stage model

- or you use the dials in Rig Settings which allow to simulate such a pedal or switch

- you can even assign the function of a Morph Button to the QUICK button at front og HEad and Rack models.

Regardless which you use, your need something to make the use of Morphing.

Use that something to triger Morphing. As soon as the unit is in Morph State (you see the bar for Morphing in the display) all parameter changes are interpreted as Morph Sound related. As sonn as you switch back to Base Sound, all parameter changes are interpreted as Base Sound related.

But before you have set up any parameters for Morphing, Morph Sound=Base Sound.

Rigs created with other PROFILER models are temporarily migrated when loaded into the Player. Effect modules C, D, X, and MOD don't show up, Effect types not available in the Player are completely ignored. Natural Reverbs will be replaced against effect tyep Easy Reverb.

All these migrations are temporary until you store that Rig in the Player. So if you don't store and transfer the Rig back into the other PROFILER, its original settings will show up.

If you edit and store that Rig in the Player the migrated format will become permanent. And if you retransfer the Rig into another PROFILER model, it will show up as you stored it in the Player.