Posts by Burkhard

Generally, each Effect Button can hold up to for assignments e.g. Effect Button II could toggle A, B, DLY and REV all together.

The LED only shows the first assignment. If you assigned B first adn there is a Distortion effect, the LED shows red regardless of the other assigned effect types.

If you now empty module B, the assignment is still there, but there is no effect and no color.

I guess, that is what happened in your case.

I suggest, you clear all the assignments and start from scratch. We might publish a Rig Manager supporting those assigments for the Player soon.

Why do you make things overly complicated? No PC and no other PROFILER model are needed.

I'm wondering why you want to format "fresh USB sticks" to FAT32 on your Mac!? Were these not preformatted with FAT32 right out of the box? All these usual USB sticks come preformatted with FAT32 and are ready to be used on any PROFILER model.

Plug them into the Player once while it is running, so that it can create the three folders "OS Update", "Backups", and "Shared". That's all it does. Afterwards the stick is ready to create backups.

I just made a test and reformatted one of my sticks on my Mac with FAT 32. It results in an empty stick. I plugged it into a running Player. Within a couple of seconds the three folders were created by the Player. Then I shut down the Player and restarted with the stick plugged in and holding the BANK button. A beautiful backup has been created in folder Backups. I had tested this successfully before with a stick reformatted on my Windows PC. My suspicon is, that you missed the second step creating the three folders before initiating the backup procedure. And that is why backup didn't work and you fixed that by plugging it into you PowerRack. The PowerRack can only create the three folders, while it is switched on. The same applies to the Player.

What is hindering you to do it the easy way?

Im Rig Manager hat man keinen Zugriff auf Master Volume, sondern nur auf jedes Output Volume einzeln.

Falls es hier um den Player geht ... dessen Master Volume ist kein 360° Poti. Könnte man dessen Master Volume in Rig Manager verstellen, würden Rig Manager und physischer Regler nicht mehr zusammenpassen.

If Panorama is at the mid point and the two XLR outputs deliver different levels, it might be hardware related. Please open a support ticket in that case.

maybe I’m doing 2 different function per button

Single pressed for jumping certain preset and double button to goes effect menu . Maybe this is the suspect . I’ll try different approach and I’ll reports later when I have time

This video confirms my suspicion, that the Morningstar only sends MIDI comands when one of its single buttons get hit in what they call Looper Mode. Otherwise the Morningstar waits until the button gets released.

If your statement would be true, all Player users out there, which don't own another PROFILER model, could not perform any USB transaction.

I - again - formatted a USB stick with FAT32 on my PC.

Afterwrads the stick was empty.

I plugged the stick into the Player which was up and running.

After a few seconds I pulled the stick and plugged it back into my PC. Here are the three folders Backups, OS Update and Shared. Yes, the Player does the job obviously!

I then plugged it again into the Player, pulled the power cable, pressed BANK button and plugged power cable back in.

The LEDs reflect the progress of the backup creation.

Afterwards I find the backup in the folder Backups on my USB stick.

Everbody can reproduce this easily.

New sticks need to be prepared by the PROFILER. The PROFILER is creating three folders Backups, OS Update, and Shared. This only works while the PROFILER is up and running. This applies to any model including Stage and Player. So, if you plugged the new stick into the Player while it was off, and then started the backup process, this won't succeed. The stick needs to be plugged into the up and running Player once before, to get orderly prepared.

Has someone tried to narrow in and confirm my assumption?

My suspicion is, the Morningstar, does wait, when you hit one of its buttons with single functions. It sends the MIDI message, as soon as you release the button, which the Player then processes immediately and without latency. It should be easy to verify this.

For a user who isn't aware, this might appear as a techncial issue. However it is a consequence of buttons, who have single functions and at the same time combo functions together with other buttons. This is a downside of combo functions that users need to live with. Isn't that explained in the Morningstar documentation?

Looking at this Morningstar MC 6 Pro I see, that it offers both single button and combo button functions. I guess, this has a consequence: single button functions don't work, when you hit the single button, but when you release the single button. Could it be that you are not aware and interpret this as "latency"? When you hit the first button the unit cannot know, if your intend is triggering a single function or if you will hit a second button soon, since your real intend is to trigger a combo function.

That is a natural downside of combo button functions. We will have the same, when we will introduce combo button functions at the Player. Combo switch functions can be executed as soon as you hit the second button. But single button functions wait until you release the single button. That is something you need to get used to and adapt your workflow to. We explain this downside in our manual in detail.

Perhaps that is the reason, why ipran is observing fast scrolling and latent selecting.

Perhaps the Morningstar is not waiting until you release a single button, but works with a timeout. And that is, what you experience as latency.

I guess, you need to be more specific:

In which module have you placed Loop Stereo? Is it module X or MOD?

"delay is off" is that related to the external effect looped in, or an onboard effect and in which module is it located? Module DLY?

If external, do you switch the external delay off or the effect module at the PROFILER?

"other pedals" are these other effects in the PROFILER and in which module?

Or are these external effects looped in potentially in combination with the external delay?

Just a guess, if this happens in modules DLY and REV the parameter DLY+REV Routing might have an influences, since it determines the signal routing. You find it in Rig Settings.

I guess, different subjects are mixed up here:

1. My first comment was in response to @bluesman666 who supported your request in explicit context of "building performances" and "using a midi controller". Can you explain why editing program changes in Rig Manager is meaningful in that context? On the receiving end it's not needed and on the sending end .... wouldn't the midi controller be the logical device to send MIDI comands to the various receiving devices instead of building a kind of logical MIDI daisy chain? I try to understand this business case.

2. drbill is commenting regarding the PROFILER as device that sends MIDI. I do understand that business case.

3. You ( ajbsmirnoff) use the PROFILER as receiving device, but in Browser Mode. I do understand why assigning PC numbers in Browser Mode is a bit cumbersome. But that is a bit of legacy and evolved before Performance Mode has been introduced. Enabling this in Rig Manager rationalizes the process only partly. Performance Mode doesn't need assignments on the receiving end, since its addresses are fixed. Why can't you use Rig Manager to put Rig A into for example "box 34" (Performance 7 Slot 4) and then set PC#34 in your Helix accordingly. And Performance Mode isn't limited to loading 128 Rigs max since it adds MIDI bank select. And in Performance Mode you have Slots, which allows to maintain and store MIDI send data independent from Rigs. I try to understand, why we should enhance Browser Mode towards capabilities, that Performance Mode already offers.

Generally, I don't think, that storing MIDI addresses in Rigs is a good approach.

1. It collides with Performance Mode, which is designed for live performances and offers a fixed MIDI address structure. Instead of assigning MIDI addresses you put Rigs into Slots with fixed MIDI addresses. And that is what Rig Manager is here for.

2. There are only 128 program change numbers, which are quickly exhausted in Browser Mode (up to 1000 Rigs) and Performance Mode (625 Rigs). So you have duplicate assignments all over the place. Think about the more than 20000 Rigs in Rig Exchange. What is the value add of on average 156 Rigs per unique program change number?

From my perspective Rigs should be reserved as universal sound data and not include organizational user preferences which could interfere with other users' set ups and preferences.

+1

Please had MIDI parameters/options to be programmed via the Rig Manager app. (Assign Midi PC# and CC#, global midi channel. )
    I would be a useful addition to the editor in order to build performance for the user using a midi controller with the Kemper Profiler.
    Cheers,

If you use a MIDI controller with a PROFILER as receiving device and you are building Performances, there are no configurable program changes nor control changes!?

I'm wondering what you need Rig Manager for, practically. Each Performance and Slot has its fixed MIDI address (bank select MSB plus program change) and each effect module and parameter has its fixed control change or NRPN number.

Examples:

Performance 36 Slot 4 is MIDI Bank Select MSB 2 and program change 51 - fixed.

Effect Module B is Control Change #18 - fixed.

The programming takes place at the MIDI controller side, which might offer its own app for this purpose.

The only item you need to set at the PROFILER side is the receiving MIDI channel and that is one global setting. Selecting this channel once at the PROFILER hardware is a matter of a few seconds.