Posts by Rispsira

Question: isn’t spdif mono? Meaning it has two channels that you can use for both dry and wet signal etc, but you wouldn’t have true stereo delays for example; is that correct? If so this would be very helpful for recording on the go when you don’t have all your recording gear.

As to the rest, sound super exciting. The guys really deliver on their promise to keep developing a product instead of following the widely used business model.

I want to clarify a few things. KPA is the best gear I have and I have gotten extraordinary results. With the amps I own and the Kemper I no longer have any GAS. (that's a lie still want more guitars etc but u know what I mean!)

Also everyone's experience is relevant and not to be discarded. We all have different ears, experience, facilities, gear etc. We are bound to get different results; nobody is lying or has any agenda it's just their experience. So let's b kind even if it is USER error. We all have room to grow.

don thank you for the reply, I will check the video. However even before I do, I can confidently say that the Kemper can get authentic results. Results that even "developed" ears won't differentiate from the original and that is impressive...

Some people might've heard Andy Sneap or people like Lasse Lammert (great AE) get identical results.

The same thing seems to happen to me if I profile my 5150 or "racktifier". The mark V is also impressive but I hear a difference in the mids; like there is a vocal like quality that is added. It bothers me a bit but is still unbelievably close.

Personally I cannot get the same results profiling my plexi. Great results with my Lonestar...

Maybe I'm lacking info, I always keep an open mind. but in the meantime I still believe the profiling process can be improved and that we may argue for ages until it is done in the future anyway.

The only difference is I am not bothered by the wait as I am satisfied NOW with the results. I started advertising the concept of the kemper even before it was out (still online on some forums) saying that if this wasn't just talk, my dream would come true as a guitar fan and it did. The guys delivered. That isn't even taking into accounts the other creations and enhancements that were added. Not only is the team creative enough to come up with groundbreaking solutions, but they are done at a pro level where the quality matches the concept. Sorry for typing endlessly.

Cheers everyone and my best wishes to you all for the coming year!

Although these are some good advice, I second thenorth on that one.

I love the kemper it’s amazing and still my favorite piece of gear! But if i had to wish for an update, instead of new features I personally would prefer a little improvement on the profiling process.

cheers!

Hello!

I have the same problem with a strymon timeline and was just wondering if it has been solved. Will try the solution suggested above as soon as i get home (make sure value is <0> ) as well as a software update.

cheers!

Yes, try it with both cables plugged in both ways. When it's correct, it should say sync in the RME word clock syncCheck box. I can't see any other reason why it's not working. Frustrating, I know.

Hi again Alancott!! Man it's been really hard to fix this due to the lockdown, but finally tried to connect an spdif out from the RME to spdif in of the kemper and it finally worked!!

Seems what I did not know is that for the worldclock to sync it needs to be connected with both cables =O

It only worked by chance with my old interface because I plugged it for reamping.

Sorry about that!! Thank you so much for each of you to have taken the time to help me <3

PS: the test was done with a regular rca cable for the second connection as I've seem to have lost the other spdif coaxial cable and it's been hard to buy one. Might order online if the lockdown takes too long.

Ok, just read the RME manual and I don't see anything your doing wrong so far. Have you tried switching the RCA cable in and out just on the kemper side? Or RME side if that's easier to get to? I would post or contact RME and see if they have any suggestions because it looks right to me.

Man I'm really grateful - thank you for your time!

I've switched the cable on the RME side in case they've been mislabeled as it can happen (have a mesa mk5 with mislabeled jacks n the back) and tried to make sure the cable is plugged in properly but I didn't try connecting to the "spdif in" on the kemper.

When I used my previous interface I had both cables plugged for reamping but it is the first time I plug a single cable from spdif out of kpa to RME spdif in. Will try the spdif in just in case and will contact RME.

Thanks again Alancott!!

Hi Alancott!! thank you for the help man!! sorry my reply is a little late but got stuck in full lockdown. Got permission to move yesterday so I tested your suggestions but unfortunately have not figured out the problem yet. Prior to posting I made a search on this forum and one user had to replace his card and then everything worked. Personally though I'm still leaning towards "user error" but not sure what to try next.

In any case here are a few pictures with your settings! Have I done things properly?

Thanks again man!

So, the problem is, that there is no sync? Could it be, you connected the cables the wrong way around, input to input? In the settings in your first post it shows, the RME should get its clock from S/PDIF, but after that it says “master”. The settings on the Kemper are correct.

When you set the RME to master (clock source internal) you should get signal, but with nasty pops and clicks. If that’s not the case, you could check the output settings (master button), to see what the KPA is sending over S/PDIF.

Sorry for the late reply man... Thank you so much for your help!

You are correct; the problem is that there is no sync and the RME doesn't seem to be recognizing the kpa as master clock.

I used the manual to find out which of the cables of the RME is the spdif in but when it did not work i tried the other cable just in case but to no avail as well. I then plugged it back into the coaxial white spdif input of the RME.

The kpa says it is sending master stereo out as spdif but I'm not getting any signal into total mix

Thank you for your input!

This is exactly what I'm trying to do (RME as slave) but it doesn't seem to be syncing. I will have to check back page 6 of the kpa (in lockown now but I should be able to by tom or saturday - thank you for your suggesting

As to the kpa, I have a toaster which I purchased in 2012. May I ask what the deal is with pre 2019 units vs recent builts?

Sorry for the slow response Rispira. Do you have the SPDIF out set up properly on your Kemper?

On the contrary! I appreciate you giving me some of your time to help!

To answer your question, I believe so as I've had success with spdif on the focurite. I'm thinking it must be user error with the RME.

To be more specific though, it seems the spdif output of the kpa is maxed out, clock at 44.1 khz and "master output - spdif output"

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if anyone could help me; I purchased an RME card recently (AIO pro) and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to get a signal from the spdif input of the card.

I tried figuring it out with the help of the manual and I can use the breakout cable of the card to connect from spdif out coaxial of kemper to the spdif in (manual says the white RCA input is an spdif in).

I have done this successfully with my focusrite interface (not using anymore - it's a firewire interface) and even reamped successfully but with the RME i am not looking to reamp atm, just get a signal and record.

The problem is unrelated to the DAW setup though, as I am not getting a signal in totalmix fx. Also it does not seem to detect kpa as master clock. set it up at 44.1khz but nothing.

Below are a few pictures of my settings (although I tried different settings to no avail)

Would really appreciate some help ;(

I said that based on what i heard from people trying to emulate that with those tools. Maybe the settings were wrong...

Bottom line, i stand corrected! Thank you for taking the time to reply!!

Will give it a shot. And im guessing this can be midi controlled, that's prefect thanks again!

Wanted to bump that thread.. would love to have this piano-like tool.
    Being able to really sustain and control the length for each chord/phrase.
    Delays and reverbs are ok but dont quite get u there.
    Either way, thanks for listening!