Posts by tylerhb

I use a pair of event 20/20 for mixing stuff. Sounds pretty good with the KPA too. Of course it lacks the Midrange of low end chunk of my 4 x 12s. So i send the monitor output with no cabs to my tube poweramp into a 4 x 12 and slightly blend it with the events, just as a subwoofer you might say. Sounds absolutely great.

Had a great night at my first KPA gig last night too.
    Used my evh5150 profiles with TillS latest 2 mic profile (the second one) direct to the pa. Fratomic as a monitor.As I have said many times I have disliked this method with every modeller I've had in the past, but it was just great with the KPA.
    I normally gig with anevh5150 head, matching cab, Wolfgang guitar and Mxr and eventide fx. No prizes for guessing what sort of music we play or who my fave player is.....
    The KpA was just awesome

Cool to hear you used my cabs. I am still a bit concerned about the rather prominent high frequencies in my cab profiles being to harsh for a loud live performance. Did you roll off the highs? When playing around the KPA i also mostly end using the "2 mic 1" oder "2 mic 2" profile. When you´re looking for an "inbetween" sound imo it is a good starting point to always take the profile with more highs and then roll off the treble and presence a little. Since i still havent removed the mics from the cabs i am thinking about doing some more profiles in the region of the first 2 profiles.

Found an easy fix for you! when you set the input sense, then press "lock" and make sure the lock symbol appears, when you reboot it will be still there.

Does not work... when i reboot, input sense is on 7.5. Then i disable lock, turn input sense down, and enable lock again. Lock symbol appears. I reboot, and the value is back to 7.5. Lock symbol is still on. On 1.01 you cant even delete the input section save files anymore...

For all KPA owners who still own a traditional amp setup and like to continue using it live, you might like the idea of just using the KPA as a standalone Speaker Simulator. In all that profiling, i was not yet aware of that that really, really great possibility.

Just use your guitar amp and speaker setup as usual. Then connect the effect loop send of your Amp with the return input of the KPA. On the KPA, disable the Amplifier and EQ Sektion, as well as any overdrive or distortion stomps. Then go to any of the stomp slots and select "Loop mono". Now the preamp of your amp is routed before the "Cabinet" section of the KPA. Select any of that great KPA cabs you like. It sounds awesome and will give you a really great and consistent P.A. Signal.

Consider the price you pay for a device like the two notes torpedo. For KPA owners, you get this as a built in addon for free and it sounds even better.

so, is it safe to use those cabinet-profiles? since the kemper-staff says not to mess with any file in any way...

This statement by the Kemper guys just referred to editing profiles with a hex editor, which can cause serious trouble. I tagged the files manually on the KPA, which is a real pain in the ass. I really would like to provide some details in the tags, but without a editor or usb keyboard support this is way too much work....

Hi everyone,

since some of you guys liked the cabinet profiles from my amp rigs, i decided to make some variations of these to gain some flexibility.

Just put the files into the "Shared" on your USB stick and import. To check out the cabs with different rigs, browse for a cab in the cabinet section, select it and the push the "lock" button. Every rig will now use that cab you selected.

Have fun!!! ;)

Update 28.01.2012:
    - added some more variations

Update 05.02.2012
    - renamed all 1960 cabs to "Tills 1960 xyz". Since i added a new cab, the old naming may be misleading. Should also be easier to remember your favourites this way.
    - MESA rectifier 4 x 12 cab added. A huge bunch of profiles really. I tried to make as many variations as possible since in rented the cab for a few days only. Can produce some real brutal metal tones with lots of chunk. This really was a lot of work :!:

Update 16.03.2012
    - integrated the 1960 distant miking cabs
    - retagged every cab. Much better since you will be able to see which file was used after storing a rig.

Update 09.07.2012
    - added a bunch of "mixed" cabs, using the "tonematching" method and mixing over a DAW. These are blends of speakers with different characters. Most of them are mix versions of multiple cabs as Tills 1960 006, Tills Recto 055, G12K100, Marshall 1960 with G12T75, and the Greenback cab from the Siggi Mehl amp.
    - added the two "lost" 1960 cabs, which were the first i ever did, just named MARSHALL V30 and MARSHALL V30 T75. These were renamed to Tills 1960 060 and Till 1960 061. Many thx to guitartone for providing them :thumbup:

Update 19.07.2012
    - added 30 new G12H30 cabs. More to come soon

Here´s the recent free cab pack version on my homepage
    www.tillschleicher.com

Take care and have a lot of fun :)
    Till

I already made a suggestion to the kemper guys via email to be able to configure the output signal of the SPDIF output. For those who intend to use the KPA for reamping it would be awesome to be able to output the dry direct output signal of the guitar out of the SPDIF out. That way you would not have to use a DI Box and any further A/D and impedance conversions would not be necessary anymore. i could imagine a config dialog for the SPDIF output routing in the following way:

1. normal Amp output
    2. dry DI output
    3. mixed mode. Left side: amp output, right side DI output

I would especially love the third mode because it would allow you to record both signals in one pass. You would just create two mono tracks in your DAW and route the left and right sides accordingly.

I just tried to figure out if profiling without a cab makes any difference. So i used your ADF profiles with a cab and without the cab and applied my cab settings to both. i don´t hear any stronger differences. Imo the automatic separation of amp and cab sound portions when profiling seems to work really nice. VOODOO!!! :thumbup:

Ok, I tried and tried with the S/Pdif out on the KPA today.
    Gain maxed out, volume maxed out, MV maxed out - everything super hot.. no signal gets to my soundcard.

Is there a digital out volume I'm missing somewhere hidden in the KPA menu?

I guess the problem is, that your audio interface is set to something different than 44100 Hz. Since the SPDIF input of the KPA is not working yet, the KPA can only act as SPDIF Master, not as Slave. So your Audio Interface should be set as slave. If that is not possible, try to set to 44100 Hz manually.

My SPDIF output works pretty good.

Hi Everyone,

here are some profiles you might like to check out. Most of them are pretty high gain. Some nice clean tones from the Rivera too. These are the Amps:

Marshall JVM 410H
    ENGL Rackhead 860
    Rivera M-100
    Marshall JCM 800 2210
    Peavey Valveking VK100

All profiles were recorded on a Marshall 1960, mixed with Vintage30 and
    G12T75. Mics were a SM57 blended with a AKG C3000. Have fun...

Update 28.01.2012:
    - added a Mesa single Recto
    - added some Marshall JVM / ENGL860 biamping sounds
    - a little bit of tweaking on some profiles to make them more "mix friendly"

Update 01.03.2012:
    - added 2 DI JVM Profiles + 1 JVM DI with added cab for testing

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5902643/TillS_rigs_20120301.zip

To avoid double versions of the same rigs, you can delete my older profiles. Since i updated the timestamp on every rig, you can sort them by name or date.