Posts by elfredo

Hi Guys,

What am I doing wrong? I always keep failing in getting a good Brian May (or high gain AC30-) Profile.

Setup:

- Kemper powered toaster, OS 10.1.2

- Fryer Treble Booster Deluxe + AC30

- Beian May Guitar

Enclosed a sound file

A) Guitar > Fryer > AC30, Mic > Studio Speaker (> Smartphone Mic for audio sample recording)

B) Guitar > Kemper Input, Kemper Send > Fryer > AC30, Mic > Kemper Return, Kemper Out > Studio Speaker (> Smartphone Mic for audio sample recording)

B) is too distorted with additional noise and uncontrollable hiss and feedback.

AC30_a-NoKemper_b-KemperProfilingCabling.mp3.mp3
    Shared with Dropbox
    www.dropbox.com

All the best,

Chris

Sorry, if that has been asked before... couldn't find anything.

Has anyone tried profiling an acoustic guitar by using:
    1) acoustic piezo --> cable --> KPA in
    2) acoustic microphone --> KPA mic return?

The idea is that you play thorugh cable using piezo sound, but you hear the miked acoustic sound through the KPA/FOH. Even better (although you probably have to tweak it) you profile the acoustic guitar, but you use an electric guitar with piezos on stage but hear a miked acoustic sound... like playing a shitty powerbridge and hearing a 6,000 $ Taylor.

Too crazy?

i'm not talking about profiles. i'm talking about how putting the kemper into the signal chain completely destroys the harmonic overdrive of the amp sound. Reducing gain and volume doen't change a thing.

Hi, need advanced help.

wanted to profile my hardwired Vox AC30 with a Brian May Treble Booster in front and had to terminate the profiling session because of too much noise.

Signal chain: Guitar --> KPA --> Send --> TB --> AC30. MD421-Microphone --> Kemper return

The sound was not only full of noise (hiss and everything), but the sound of the guitar was also completely changed... not as harmonic as if i plug the guitar directly into the TB and into the AC30... much more disharmonic distortion in the high mids.

What am I doing wrong, how do you do it (in this special case)?

yeah I know the finger thing and the ac30 thing and the decay thing, but even Brian's sounds differ a lot over the years... what i am looking for is THE wembley 86 sound. soooo if anyone ever finds a profile for this... let me know ;) perhaps i should contact Brian himself.... hmmm....

It would be wonderful to use the 'stomp'-switches on the Kemper as an effects switch on AND as a switch between two effetcs.

Example:
    1) Connect one or two effects with one remote switch (as is today)
    - Press switch: turn prior applied effect1 or effect 1/2 on
    - Press switch: turn prior applied effect1 or effect 1/2 off
    2) Connect two effects with one remote switch and choose between either of them (NEW)
    - Press switch (short-time): turn prior applied effect 1 on
    - Press switch (short-time): turn prior applied effect 1 off
    - Press and hold switch: change from prior applied effect 1 to effect 2 and control this one

This way you could have control over all stomp and effect slots of the Kemper. :thumbup:

i got in on a fender standard strat and it tunes quite good. it is always a two strum tuning, since the low e-string interpheres with the h- and e-string. but it works quite fast.

you can set the tolerances of the tuning: less tolerance (higher aacuracy) means more time to tune... but the standard tuning tolerance setting is quite good. it is always a tiny bit off if you check with an additional tuner, but it's all in the range of 'finger pressure on string'-tolerances. you have to try it yourself.

the other thing is tuning stability which has much more to do with the ret of the guitar. since the tuners are locking tuners they are as good as they can get. on my strat you have additional friction on the h-/e- string retainer, the nut and the saddle. so yes, when doing a dive bomb using the standard tremolo the guitar get's out of tune. but i wouldn't see the tronical as the culprit.

the installation is fully reversible... so don't be anxious that you'll ruin your vintage guitar.

portnoy also quite heavily compressed or still compresses his drums. but dream theater really have a bad album soud now because of overcompressing. it isn't any musical at all. so is the first flying colours album... i really have a hard time listening to those songs although i like them.

not as easy as 1-2-3. i once did the verse leads for the tc electronics nova system (http://forum.tcelectronic.com/post/20985/#p20985)
    on the nova you cannot use much vibrato to form your tone, cause it would sometimes lead to wrong shifted notes or at least to heavy mistune between played and shifted note... haven't tried it on the kemper yet.

the essence:
    "http://www.2wo-quadrat.de/__extras/HotelCalifornia1.mp3 and http://www.2wo-quadrat.de/__extras/HotelCalifornia2.mp3

chords: || Bm | F#7 | Asus2 | E9 (/G#) | G | D | Em7 | F#7 ||
    doing multi-voice arrangements is more than letting a computer do the third. as you can hear in the verse between the first and the second part (between "...bell" and "i was thinking to myself") the first guitar changes the tune, the second doesn't.
    i used these settings:
    Patch1: B Aeolia
    Patch2: B HrmMin
    Patch3: B Ionian (can be another, but works here)

Bm: Patch1 (or Patch2)
    F#: Patch2
    A: Patch 1
    E: Patch3
    G: Patch1
    D: Patch1
    Em: Patch1
    F#: Patch2

all:
    Voice1: +3, Level: 0dB, Delay 15ms, Mix 75%
    Voice2: unisono, Level: -100dB, Delay 0ms.

this just works for the verse. for the solo (the chord breaking thing) you often need a 4th instead of a third...so it is either step dancing or ask another guitarplayer to come along. even for the verse you need (in the 2nd example) to leave some tones (with the B Aeolia) out because you need a fourth there too." (burningyen's post: every third note.)

i got it a week ago for my strat, and it works just fine. the price is quite high, but considering that you will get 6 motorized tuners with a high class measuring system, it's is quite fair.
    the installation is as easy as 1-2-3, the new way of threading is learned within 2-3 string changing sessions.

what i don't like is that the tuners are quite high/long and not staggered... i guess that is due to making compromises to put it on various guitar models.

i got the standard fender floating bridge and you need 2 tuning procedures to e.g. tunes down to D-G-C-F-A-D... (like 15s total) but consider, how long it would take to do it manually.

I'd like to start my own board. Do you mind sharing some more infos on where to buy which components and the schematics?
    Or do you want to go into business with the board? I totally understand if you don't want to share, but I thought I'd ask.

Best,
    Chris

You can also pm me. Yours is not enabled yet.