Posts by elfredo

I did a DI profile and was told it was overloading Kemper so I did it again, dialing back the volume knob once profiling started

i think that you have to adjust the return level if the kpa gets overloaded not the input sense... do you mean that with "volume knob"?

the volume gets quite loud when profiling a clean amp since it has so much dynamics... the kpa tests when it goes into saturation (distortion)..this is louder when selecting "profile a distorted amp". if the channel already is distorted it won't get much louder but more saturated/compressed/distorted. i already asked if the kpa could destroy my speakers when profiling the clean channel since the profiling is much louder than when playing the guitar. if you think it is too loud you have to turn down the master volume quite a lot.

just try it... guitar --> kpa, kpa send --> poweramp in, poweramp out --> cab, mic --> kpa return. adjust poweramp level while playing guitar. profile. refine. turn off the amp section in browse mode and connect the m4 between guitar and kpa. go into profile mode again (without starting the profiling) and compare reference and original. perhaps you don't have to turn off the amp section... just try.

i just don't get what this is all about. if you have an axe and get profiling, be happy. if you don't what do you care?

if you wanna care about things that go on somewhere else then give money to charity.

i'm always frightened that the knobs get broken in such cases with cables and other gear in it. also if you use the gear bag mentioned... do the encoder knobs come in contact with the bag material?

I don't see why one would go analog in times where digital stuff is even better. Must be because guitar players are a bit whacky and only want to play the stuff from 389 years ago. I mean: there are still tubes in amps. Not because they sound better, but because guitar players think they sound better and won't buy transistor amps. I think the biggest point why tube amps sound "better" than transistors is mainly because there is more development. No one would buy a solid state amp, even if it sounds awesome - I mean: come on, it's solid state, it CAN'T sound good.

:rolleyes:

tubes are always better! take the jcm800 for example ;)

Awesome

Playing via my own IMAX theater system. ;(
    Does it also dock an Ipod? And do they come in white?

wow, three posts with no contributing content and already feeling at home.

please bash somewhere else and please contribute, pleeeeaaaasssseeeee. this is no high school class room.

i'd like an option for the noise gate section to switch to a "classic noise gate" meaning adjusting threshold, speed etc. the integrated noise gate cuts the treble and kills the attack, and i only use noisegates to bring down high gain noise when not playing (guitar volume down). so... an option (in this slot, which you could access by turning the gate knob) to use a classic gate would be awesome.. but please do not use another stomp box slot for that!

As for the different feel of pick attack:
    Try turning down the noisegate - the NG seams to kill the attack for some part.

wanted to post that too. the noisegate takes away the pick attack. it kinda cuts the treble, so you'll miss the pick attack when going to 4 or 5 in the noise gate. i don't like the noise gate and would like to have an option for a classic noise gate in this place. i only use gates to bring the noise down when i'm not playing (guitar volume down).

I had an axefx 2 and a kemper for 2 weeks side. BY side to decide which one to keep. My criteria were sound and feel. I've been a tube guy since 1979 so do have a term of reference. I sent the axefx. Ack. Nice unit fantastic fx. Amps a definite improvement on on previous gen units but nowhere near the kemper in sound or feel. all my opinion of course. Wanted to like the axefx more than I did but it just didn't happen

written with an ios device? ;)

hi guys, i perhaps got the missing link... i remember that the return level jumped occasionally... not visibly but audibly. perhaps it is related to the encoder jumps that the kpa has, which (as far as i remember) is not solved yet. so sometimes when i tried to adjust the return level (decrease) it suddenly jumped to "very loud". sometimes i didn't do anything and made two good profiles, but the third was bad since the return level just jumped up (without touching anything).

PS: i encountered that problem because i always played the reference amp in the profiling mode first (which envolves the return level) before actually starting the profiling itself.