Posts by elfredo

just trying to get a bit more info

... and that's what you will get. some just take it too personally when there are critical statements. i love the concept so i will surely give it another try when its software is 'complete' and more stable. but i would never do a gig without a backup plan for my setup anyway. it's just a question of being confident that it will work so you can have a free mind for making music.

regarding the sound itself:

if you have the same guitar you can try to virtually copy that setup by searching for a warm vibrolux profile and turn on a tubescreamer or sth similar to the okko in the stomp section. add a little delay and play with stombox tone control and amp eq. if you want to change the character of an already overdriven amp from vintage to modern or other way round then try the definition parameter in the amp-menu (left vintage, right modern). be sure to have set the clean sense in the input section right for your guitar. if any of the input or outpu led's go red, you will have very harsh digital clipping.

@ guitarnet: the one from his first post.

and always remember: the tones you get from the kpa are recording sounds... sounds you have when putting a mic directly in front of the speaker (most of the profiles are made this way). you cannot compare these sounds to those you get from a tube amp sitting somewhere in the room unless you really use monitor speakers with the kpa... then you come closer.

some will say 'yes', reliable, others - like me - 'no, not reliable'. i don't know why, but i had severeal problems while others say they had 2 breakdowns in 6-8 weeks. but i'm the kind of person who does not even want those 2. there is so much going on on a tour that i don't want to be concerned if the kpa will be stable or not. it makes me uncomfortable and uneasy. if you want to go with kpa i'd get two of them and an a/b-box, so if one breaks down you can use the other instantly... since the reboot takes up to 1 minute (depending on your number of saved profiles).

But as a software developer I know that customers tend to use your software in ways you would not expect it.
    If you change a lot parameters and often switch cabs the likelihood of crashes will grow.

that's what beta-users are for. but you have to take that stage seriously... as a developer.

But the basic features however are stable.

??? use two following blanks in the title and the unit crashes. alter one parameter in the cab's section and the sounds are 'boxy'. etc... i wouldn't call that stable.

But honestly, I don't really believe that the KPA has a 'high price' for this level of product... reason being, that if you were to typically buy just one of those top end tube amps that the KPA replicates so well, its likely you would have spent more than this device costs by far - and the KPA can handle hundreds of really cool sounds.

i'm with you on that point...if it worked properly. i'm not complaining about build quality, sound quality or lack of flexibility. i'm not discussing if it has old tech built in or about the resolution of irs. i'm not talking about the size, the form factor or the colour. i'm not complaining that certain fx are not installed yet.

all i want is a properly working machine that's worth the money i paid for it. and it doesn't matter if other products are buggy, too. if your brand new mercedes - which you bought to be on the road for some time - stopped because of a broken gas pump the first day, the indicator would sometimes work, the engine stutter when pushing down the gas pedal etc etc... you would certainly not stay cool and say: "well, other cars have their bugs, too". i made my first 10 bug reports in the first week and most if not all of the bugs are still there three weeks after.

but of course this is just my opinion... if you are happy with it, i'm happy for you. i don't want to spoil it for you. was looking forward to till's mesa cabs though.

i just sent back the kpa. ;( & :)

i know you are thrilled about the new technology... as am i. but let's be honest: the kpa is beta (at the moment) and personally i'm not willing to pay full price for an unfinished product and be used as a beta user while hoping for the product to be what it has been advertised as: a professional product.

the idea behind the product is really great and the kpa gets 80/90% close to the ampsound. but all the missing features, the bugs, the "don't-s", the crashes etc. just made me so mad regarding the high price that i had to send it back. it became a habit these days to sell computer based products with bugs and let the user sort it out while finishing the product after product launch...since it is so easy to just release another firmware update and make the product 'whole' bit by bit... which is sad. but this is just a step too far. i'm happy to be a beta user but i wanna be asked for it before and not pay full price for the product.

so guys, i hope you'll have a good time and not too many crashes. i will perhaps come back and give it another try when the kpa is 'finished' in it's base routines. always good to have some customer support and further development on a product AFTER it is stable and safe, so i look forward to that. you user guys are a good crowd, though - as i see it - sometimes a little too forgiving. may the force be with you ;)

just discovered if you have to extract several shots of one cab in several rigs... you can choose the required first rig and name amp/cabinet as you like. to do that with the next amp/cab from the second rig just choose the second rig, dial in and load the amp/cab you stored before, exit, choose the second rig again and store the amp/cab. now you already have the name from the first one displayed and all you have to do is change the version-number, e.g. "FE TWIN 212-01C UBOSS" (i also include if it was taken from a clean or distorted channel and the artist). thus the second cab is called "FE TWIN 212-02C UBOSS"

made an extract of uwe bosserts amps and cabinets:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/375858…ORYEXTRACT-UweBossert.zip

will try to name all of them in a structured way:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/375858…ORYEXTRACT-UweBossert.JPG

example: "MA JMP74-01C UBOSS"
    so: Marshall JMP74, Ampshot01, C/D (Clean/Distorted), Artist

same with cabinets... (also if it was taken from a clean or distorted rig)

i took those acronyms:
    VO - VOX
    FE - FENDER
    DZ - DIEZEL
    MA - MARSHALL
    MB - MESA BOOGIE
    EN - ENGL
    AD - ADA

make a backup and then on the PC use something like Total Commander or SimplyZip to open the backup file and decompress the "cabs" folder

hmmm somehow it is not working.... when i look at the cabs folder in the backup file there are only those cabs that have been manually saved from the rig in the kpa before.
    thought i could now extract the cabs from the rigs in the backup on the computer easily?!

ps: used zipeg for mac to extract

??? we all own amps that we paid for...

profiling a diezel vh4:
    vh4: 2959,-
    engl 412 pro: 949,-
    sm57: 93,-
    ksm313: 1299,-
    + rest

but there is no point in price tagging... we all love the amps we got...that's why we bought them. i just love the 'free' spirit of/about the kemper idea.

can you also reexport them renaming them first in the kpa? cause there are several profiles with double blanks in the names (which is told by the kemper staff to be dangerous to crash the kpa)