Posts by Kermit

I hear no big problem it is very subtile on the posted files. My assumption is that the clean sense is set too high. Try to turn it down. You can emphesize this effect by using the wahwah. I hope this helps.

In my opinion the culture of a group starts at the top. In the case of Fractal, everyone follows their leaders steps and we see what happens. In the case of TGP, the bullshit that goes on where noone can say anything remotely negative about the AxeFx in a Kemper thread [...]

I don't think so. Everyone is responisble for themselves gear is no religion. I have bought a KPA and have some posts in this forum, so I have to agree with everything CK says ?(
    Some people here are pushing this rivalry. And this is exacty the same thing Cliff does by posting such conspiracy theories. You can be better like that.
    If you don't like the people and their attitude at the fractal forum or TGP why are you supporting these sites by visting and posting?
    Do you need approval from Axe FX users?
    Have more self confidence and enjoy your KPA :D

I do not visit the fractal forum and TGP frequently. The last time I read some posts of Scott talking about the KPA and I have to say they were all very fair. And after all we live in free countries where everybody can make up opinions on the KPA and Axe.
    I think the Axe has the problem that it cannot be tested at music stores, so the opinions on the internet are very important for them. The KPA on the other hand stands for itself because everybody can test it.

In my opinion Cliff and Christoph should try to convince tube amp players to check out thier products not fighting each other because the market of digital guitar amps has a huge potential. However a little bit of fair competition is not a bad thing :D

Edit:
    Finally I think the Axe FX profiles were not the reason for Cliff because his post was on august 21 the incident with the Axe Profiles was already in Jan or Feb.
    Maybe there is another company involved otherwise the marketing campaign has to be a secret one which makes no sense at all. So there is no longer a reason for me to write about it 8)

There were not only A/B comparisons. Someone has profiled all Axe Fx Amps with the Kemper and put the profiles on the fractal site which wasn't the best idea. That's why Cliff thought it was a marketing campaign by CK, I think.

I had the same problem, my wah padel also reduced the volume. A workaround is to search a rig or a wah preset where the wah is working correct and copy this wah-effect into your rig.

It is little bit confusing to have so many isseus in just one thread.
    I use only the TS stomp box in the KPA and I have no problems at all.
    Radley
    You can also profile your high-gain stomp box if the build in stomp box has aliasing. Does this work?
    Your noise problem is probably self-made because of the complexity of your chain within the Kemper:
    You use a Compressor + High-Gain Stomp + High-Gain amp + NR and complaining about too much noise?
    Maybe this works in an Axe Fx but not in the Kemper.
    I have played with many modelling amps in my life and they all have things that don't work when it
    comes to complex chains and too much gain.
    There are also a few profiles with a high noise level which could make things even worse.
    But in general the KPA has not more background noise than other modelling amps.
    And High-Gain Tube amps have even more noise issues.

And these types of responses are what make some of us crazy - this is very easily identified to experienced ears as classic digital aliasing, and it has nothing to do with pickups, or other factors but is a very natural product of sub-par digital processing (we're talking 2012 folks).

Every week pops up a new topic in this forum that something is wrong with the higher notes played by the KPA.
    But none of this threads has a proof (pardon me if there is proof I have overseen)
    I do not own a tube amp so I'm not able to prove something is wrong with the KPA.

So Radley you have a tube amp, a microphone and a computer to record?
    Then profile your tube-amp
    Record a dry guitar track with those high notes
    Reamp it with your tube-amp
    Reamp it with your KPA
    Check for differences

All other discussion is pointless ;)

i have this issue with all the profils, and without recording, just by playing with monitor.
    absolutly no red lights

you can check it at home :
    tuning 1/2 step down
    bend e and b at the 13 fret...... and the aliens come lol

I can reproduce it in Standard-Tuning:
    g-string 13. fret
    b-String 11. fret
    Bend both strings slowly a half step up and you'll hear it very clearly. It is on all rigs with gainlevel slightly above crunch.
    I'm not sure if you can reproduce this with a normal tube-amp. I have no tube-amp to test it :D
    In Guitar Rig 4 this effect can be reproduced with higher gain settings but it sounds not as bad as with the Kemper.
    Anyway I can live with this issue it occurrs only in a few special situations.

Edit:
    Caution the following link contains some really bad tones: bending two strings
    @ millenofx77 don't go too deep in this issue enjoy your Kemper and make more music :D

As some other users mentioned before this wobbling tone is a normal effect you can get this with tube-amps as well. Wobbling is always a sign that two ringing notes have nearly the same pitch und so they inluence each other you can hear it if you tune your guitar or if your pole pieces are too close to your strings, this makes a similar wobbling effect.

The problem is that digital gear has much more possibilities to emphasize some parts of your tone. If you are not able to use them correct you will emphasize unwanted parts of your sound. Some hints to improve your tone if you do not want to emphasize this wobbling effect:
    1.) Don't use too much of the compressor, better work on your vibrato
    2.) Don't use too high noisegate settings, it is better to wax pickups or improve the shielding of your guitar, or lower your volume when you don't play
    3.) Use good quality Cables (not expensive ones just not the cheapest)
    4.) Do not use to much gain. Try to improve your palmmutes, hit Strings clear and hard, mute unwanted strings
    5.) Use the TS to clean up unwanted high frequencies
    6.) If you don't like the wobbling tone, do not emphasize it with your playing technique :P

With my KPA this works like charm. Never had a crash caused by the FCB :thumbup:
    I suggest you to check the midi data you are sending with the FCB while moving both pedals. This can be done with ripwerx as well. Don't send unneccessary midi messages, then it should work.
    By the way I don't have connected two midi cables. I use only one to send midi messages to the KPA but two cables should also work.

I have my RCF NX12-SMA since two days and plan to use the monitor at home. But mine has a defect: After 15 min of playing there is a defective contact because it becomes silent, so I have to send it back anyway :thumbdown:

But I have recognized a background noise which is there all the time and doesn't depend on the signal you send in.
    You can here it even if you are 5 meters away.
    Can somebody please confirm this background noise. Is it a general issue or just because of my defective unit?

There are two bugs:
    1.) Can be solved with a system-boot. This bug appears everytime when you toggle between two rigs. The first time the rig sounds ok second time it sounds thinner. This one is easy to hear.
    2.) This bug is not that obvious, you can hear it when you play a rig directly after booting and then change to the next rig and back again. The different sound is not that easy to hear but it is there. And it cannot be solved with a system-boot.

I made a test reamping a short riff. First part is right after booting the KPA:
    http://soundcloud.com/rockingguitar/kpa-bug
    Turn up the volume to hear the difference clearly. Which one sounds better to you?

So I've done some recordings with reamping and now I'm sure I have different sounds:
    Directly after the boot --> thicker sound
    After switching to the next rig and back again --> thinner sound

So the system-boot doesn't fix this issue for me either.

Ok after booting with pressed System Button the Sound while toggeling between two rigs doesn't change anymore (or only very seldom I'm not sure). Now the sound is the thinner one I think. To me the thinner one sounds not as good as the other.
    Which one is the right sound I can't say (haven't done any profiling yet) but I think the thicker one.
    I'm not sure wether the issue with different sounds after booting is resolved, too.

It seems as if the new idea behind the BUG was to link the volumes maintaining the relatives differences :wacko:
    (so, for example: if you set "Monitor Volume" to -10 and "Main Volume" to -5 and they are linked together, when you turn left "Master Volume" to -12, "Monitor Volume" automatically must become -17... but it doesn't work...). Does anyone can do some tests to see if it occurs only to me?

For me this feature works however you have to take care not to turn the Master Volume to far left or right. Otherwise the relative differences will be lost.

The latency is fine for me I don't care wether it increases to 5 ms for some seconds when switching.
    But if the sounds are not the same when switching rigs via midi it is annoying :cursing: When I'm switching between two rigs via midi-controller I have one time the right sound and the next time a thinner sound with more treble. This effect is stronger the more gain a rig has.

I had similar experience. However I only had the Axe Standard but I think the Axe 2 is not far away from the standard (soundwise). The amps and cabs within the KPA play in another league :thumbup: The Axe sounds always a littel bit sterile others would call it clear, Hifi-like. I often miss the dirt and warmth in the Axe-Sound.

For some kind of music like Jazz, Pink Floyd or U2 I would prefer the axe over the KPA because of the better effects. You can get an outstanding wide stereo sound from the Axe when you use effects like reverb, delay and chorus.