Posts by Tritium

I hear you, nevertheless I own two Kemper racks, unpowered in the studio and powered for shows... An editor was announce so even though there was never an intention before to produce one. That matters not, because they showed it off at NAMM and then we were told Summer, then we were told soon months ago... The frustration is warranted.

Hello tron621. Understood. Respectful frustration, as you have politely expressed, is one thing.

However, there are more than a few other comments within this thread...well, lets just say they are are quite another thing.

IMHO, there is a vocal minority that are polluting this thread with negativity and ungrateful and immature peevishness. Some are newbies, many are the odd, one-off "drive-byes"(perhaps Fractal trolls?). In no way am I disparaging the Kemper User Forum regulars, who have contributed insightful and impassioned arguments for the editor, and have offered continued support and enthusiasm for its upcoming release.

However, I have little sympathy for those who admit to buying a $2,000 piece of gear, having done little to zero research into the products features and capabilities...only to feign surprise and frustration when they later find out the KPA did not have an editor. Please. ???

It also seems to me that some may have lost sight of the fact that no PC-based editor for the Kemper was ever touted, promoted, endorsed, or even discussed by Kemper GmbH, for the vast majority of the product's history. Frankly, I am of the opinion that Christoph Kemper had ZERO plans for an editor when he designed and launched the Profiler...and it was only after repeated and prolonged customer requests that the development of a full-blown PC-based editor was given the green light, with development resources mobilized.

At the end of the day, we are being freely gifted with a major feature upgrade which will expand the utility of the KPA for many users. I just don't understand the griping, whining, ingratitude and general immaturity that has reared its ugly head numerous times during this long thread.

Could you imagine the reaction of the KPA community if the Kemper team would be like: "Sorry guys!! Couldn't hack it!! So... the editor is not happening... but, here are 3 more reverbs so.... you're welcome! See you at NAMM!"

Imagine people actually taking a friggin' chill pill ??

Given prior statements from Kemper, the Kemper Kab will initially only be offered in a passive version...with a powered (active) version still in development.

It will be able to do Bass profiles. It will also have ability to connect and use with keyboard (through suitable amplifier).

No idea of pricing, as nothing has been announced.

Cheers,

John

Thursday afternoon. The nervous sweat droplets fall from my furled brow as I anxiously pour over the last 4 pages of the editor thread. No new information. I give a heavy sigh as I close my browser and ask out loud how long a few more days actually is, to no one in particular. The tension in the air is palpable. The throws of owners are becoming restless. I pray that the constant patches and bugfix releases are enough to satiate the wild animals for another night. The bug of being unable to use Rig Manager to change patches while the Rack unit is in tuner mode has reared it's ugly head again. The sun begins to fall below the horizon as the anxiety takes hold of me once again. The morning will bring hope.

Thank you Mr. Hemingway!....I mean McBarfson;)

Simply put, we don't know what's going into it. What was shown at NAMM certainly didn't have such a function, but the hope is that it was a preview that will be expanded by the full release. Given how much time it's taken, including delay, let's hope it is much more comprehensive because it would be very helpful in all the ways you spelled out.

But... none of us will know until the beta is released.

MM, the only way you could know that, is if you not only visited the booth, but directly asked that question. Otherwise, we would just be going on video clips showing very small snippets of RM 3.0's functionality. That fact that such functionality wasn't shown in such short, out-of-context demonstrations, does not imply the presence or the absence (one way or the other) of any given function/feature.

We will have to wait for the Editor, to be absolutely sure...however, I would imagine that the Editor would allow you to tweak the contents of a certain Slot (for example, changing the Mids on your Clean setting), hitting "Copy", and then highlighting/selecting multiple Slot/Performances at the same time, and then selecting "Paste", then the ability to Store/Save all these changes to the selected slot/performances.

The SSL issue should've been cleared up back in June. Try resetting your clearing the cache in your browser as it seems to be pulling up an old version of the page without the new SSL certificate. I'm not sure why. It seems to be fixed for most everyone by now. Sorry for the inconvenience. It's pulling up fine on every device I have. Thanks!

Hi Michael. Thanks for your reply. It appears that the site was being flagged by Malwarebytes Pro, even after I cleared my Google Chrome Cache and Cookies. I disabled Malwarebytes, and was able to access your site. I just ordered the Crank 'n Go Pack and the Driftwood Pack.

By the way, here is the warning I get when Malwarebytes Pro is enabled and running in the background:

Cheers, and thanks again!

John

Hi Linusius,

Further to Don Petersen's reply, I might offer the following advice...

Download the Kemper Profilier "Main Manual -- 7.0" from the Kemper site. Open with your PDF editor/viewer of choice, and use the program's "Search" (or "Find") function to search for keyword terms. In this case, you would do a search for "Space". If you do this, the program will return twenty (20) results. In reading the brief citations shown in the Search results window, you will find that the parameter is discussed on page 107. Click on the hyperlink, and your PDF viewer will take you directly to the relevant section.

Cheers,

John

lonestargtr

Hello Michael,

I have been unable to connect with your site, via Chrome or Edge, due to issue with SSL certificate issue. I note that a few others are experiencing the same issue. Are you having this issue looked into?

Happy Anniversary, by the way.

Cheers,

John

I made a profile of the power amp of my Koch Studiotone. That sounds pretty good in combination with a preamp pedal like a Victory V4.

Next, I will do a direct profile of the power amp of my Dirty Shirley.

Hello Workingtitle,

Just curious...what did the profile sound like, on its own, with no external preamp or stomps, and no addition of internal Kemper stomps (i.e., A, B, C, D all off)?

Hello Bob,

I am not arguing. Nor am I being cheeky or sarcastic. Indeed, you have put forth a valid possibility in profiling. However, I think, perhaps, you are putting too much stock into the sonic characteristics of a tube amp's output stage. The output tubes are meant to cleanly amplify the input signal. Yes, the output tubes of a tube guitar amp can be coaxed into soft-clipping. However, the results of the output tube clipping characteristics cannot be separated from the input (feed) signal. Mostly, the effect of the output tubes is in how the amplified signal, sent to a guitar speaker, "feels" and reacts...rather than sounds...to a first approximation. In any case, the issue is rather moot...in the sense that in your scenario, the profiler would be capturing the primary essence of the Mixer signal, being amplified and perhaps clipping the output stage. It will NOT sound like a guitar amp, because the notional Mixer does not have the preamp section of a guitar amp. I mean, it will sound like something...but probably nothing you would be interested in playing.

Nevertheless, it might be an interesting experiment, and who knows, it might produce something musically useful for the guitarist. Never know until it is tried, I suppose. :)

Cheers,

John

The overwhelming majority of Profiles (Studio, Merged, and Direct Amplifier types) do include the power amp.

Direct Preamplifier Profiles are the only type that do not icude the power amp, and there are relatively few of those.

Exactly!

Notwithstanding the practical possibility of profiling only the power stage...

I am not even sure why someone would want to profile only the clipping/distortion of a tube amp's power stage. I am pretty sure, approximately zero musicians and music lovers have heard the sound of (for example) only the 4 EL-34s/6550s and output section of a Marshall 1959SLP, being unnaturally (artificially) sent into clipping. Unnaturally -- meaning that the signal would not contain the all important contributions of the dual triode preamp tubes (12AX7s) and cathode follower, tone stack, phase inverter, etc...you know, all those critical tone generators, shapers and filters which make a Marshall sound like,... well, a Marshall guitar amp.

Substitute any make/model in this example.

Sorry, but it sounds very similar to the Powercab. It may be better and optimised for the Kemper but aside from that it sounds like a very similar thing, but passive.

Whoops, you edited your original post while I was replying. I think you corrected yourself. Indeed, the Kemper Kone will be a viable solution for alternative digital modelers/amps...but yes, it is specifically optimized for the Kemper, and the Kemper's software (upcoming OS) will be specifically optimized to work with the Kemper Kone.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is interesting. With my stage on order I’d preferably like to get one with the revised switch issue. How would we know if we have an older unit that could suffer the problem or not ??

Hello Raoul,

If it is in fact a hardware issue, and a defect in original design or manufacture, then it is the responsibility of the authorized suppliers, working in conjunction with Kemper GmbH (who would send out notification of affected S/Ns), to return these units to Kemper and to replace their stock with new units. In other words, any affected units should be immediately pulled from inventory, and not sold to public. Again, that is the responsibility of the authorized supplier.

I had assumed that it would work that way. I was surprised that it didn't work in the manner of a normal tree stucture with only presets for Natural Verb say being available in the right column once Reverb and the Natural Verb were selected in the first and second columns.

I am confused. I thought that is the way it appears to work, at least going by the following Tone Junkie video. Around the 24-25 minute mark, they show them choosing category (chorus) -->Type (Tremolo) and then the right column immediately shows the presets for the Tremolo, and the "Classic" is then selected. Am I misunderstanding you and @azertyvince?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.