Posts by Tritium

Well excuse me for not reading the right posts. X/

Hmmm, a simple "thank you" would have been sufficient -- given the detailed instructions I typed out for you, explaining how to access and download the OS7 Beta Release via the Kemper website. There were numerous prior posts explaining how to do it via Rig Manager.

Also, you are welcome.

I wonder why it cannot be used for the Stage... it should mean the stage is on a different OS version but why?

Could it be that the stage uses different hardware that requires some differences in the OS?

As far as we know, the core hardware architecture is identical to the head and rack.

However, it is possible that the OS is slightly different between the Stage, and the Head/Rack, to take into account for certain UI differences unique to the Stage. One of the more obvious examples, is the power on/off modes (Chicken head knob) for the rack and head is different then on the power on/off methodology for the Stage -- the OS has to be tweaked for these two different methods. The same goes for the operation of the global "Stomps", "Stack", and "Effects" buttons on the rack and head, which is absent on the Stage. Similarly, the Rig Volume, as well as the "Undo"/"Redo" buttons.

Cheers,

John

OS7? Where? It says main manual 7.0 and it's all I can download.

For Pete's sake, people, read a few of the posts in this thread, before asking the same question that has been asked and answered, multiple times. OS7 is a BETA release. You have to actually do a few steps on the Kemper main website.

Do this:

Kemper-amps.com ==>Support===>Downloads===> Toggle Filter CATEGORY to "Operating System Beta Versions", and you will see the following available for download:

PROFILER Operating System 7.0.0 Public Beta for Head, PowerHead, Rack, and PowerRack

You should also note the listed caveats:

*This revision cannot be used for PROFILER Stage!

**KEMPER Rig Manager™ 2.3.1 is required to communicate with this PROFILER™ operating system.

They could've said a year ago: look guys, we are working on a floorboard version. It's going to come out in 2019. Be fucking upfront about it.

The only good reason that comes to my mind why a manufacturer wouldn't announce a new product in advance is selling the remaining stock if their old product. Which is a relatable business decision, but not customer friendly.

Mybyte,

There are a multitude of factors as to why a manufacturer does not discuss, announce or confirm new product developments. You have listed one possible factor. However, another reason, which is certainly in play (and in many cases takes priority) would be to deny the competition with advanced notice of their plans. Case in point, I am sure this unexpected announcement by Kemper has taken Fractal and Line6 by surprise. In particular Fractal, as they have a new floorboard, the FM3, in the pipeline. Now, Kemper's announcement, and the fact that the Kemper Profiler Stage is ready-to-ship, has dampened and eclipsed the hype of Fractal's FM3, which has a nebulous and uncertain production launch and availability.

I ordered an Xitone Michael Britt Cabinet (Silverface) at the end of April. As luck would have it, I found a used one on Craigslist used (Amazing sounding). I just received the New one today about 8 weeks from order date, I did not cancel the order as I was thinking I may want to run stereo. I am fine with Mono.

That being said and please forgive me in advance if this is against forum rules. I would like to sell the brand new cab (Unopened) for $1000 shipped. That is less than I paid for it. PM me if interested. If not, I will post on Reverb.

Again, I apologize if this is against forum rules.

Hello Robert,

There is a section on this site for this. Look in the sub-forum "User and dealer network" and post in the sub-section "For Sale: Music Gear Classifieds"

I can clearly hear that #2 Amp has less gain to some amount. That makes it muddier to you. This is quite a difference that we have never experienced when we profiled a Road King and A/B'd with the internal switching. Don't know what their cabling was, however.

Hello Christoph,

I did choose the Kemper (amp #1) as the more open, pleasing and harmonically rich sounding amp between the two options, to my ears. However, I think your point is that there shouldn't be any real discernible difference, at all, assuming the Direct profile was properly captured, and ceteris paribus in regards to other aspects of the recording and processing of the two audio signals.

The profiler has proved itself at copying almost to a tee the original amp. Here's a great example of just how close it gets...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

What an excellent A/B comparison clip. This folks, is how it is done. There is a wide range in both gain and playing styles (e.g. chords, riffs, solos, etc.) to allow more opportunity for critical listening and comparison. I did not read comments, nor fast forward through video. In fact, I had no idea if the author was randomly switching the order of the amps (i.e., reversing #1 and #2) between each segment. However, as the video played, I kept a running tally and mental note of my preference...which consistently was the #1 amp.

The #1 amp had slightly more presence and definition in the higher frequencies, which made the #2 amp always sound a bit muddier, by comparison. Again, until the very end of the video, I had no idea if the author was switching the order of the amps in between segments. In fact, I was half expecting that I would need to read the author's description/notes to see when he made the changes, and what the order of the amps was in each segment.

Turns out there was no switching of order. I am sure the author wanted to keep things simple. However, I do believe it would have been better if he had randomized the order in between segments.

Come on, you're singing that song in your head right now, Don't lie...

LOL. Mea Culpa, at least on my end. :)

Funny thing is...as bad as it is, IMHO it is 10,000 times better then modern tripe like Cardi B or Taylor Swift.

Now I need to listen to some UFO, Scorpions and MSG to get back to some great German classic rock.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Another thing I noticed when running the Kemper through a tube power amp and regular guitar cab . . . all the amp profiles did not sound all that different from each other . . espeasually on the High gain amp sounds. The true amp personality comes out way more obvious through an FRFR Cab. Maybe a really good tube power amp into a passive FRFR cab . . . may be the ultimate ?? . . or at least worth a try ??:?:8)

Hi Dave,

What you have noticed is to be expected. A guitar cabinet contributes roughly 70% of the over-all tonal signature, in an amp-cabinet system. In other words, if you play various tube guitar heads through a single, specific cabinet, you will get a lot of "sameness", since the cabinet imparts so much of its character upon the resulting tone. Conversely, if you play a single, specific amp through various and sundry guitar cabinets, you will get widely different sounds.

The same exact phenomena occurs when you connect a KPA to a traditional guitar cabinet. It may still sound great, but you lose a lot of the individual character and sonic uniqueness of specific studio amp/cabinet profiles. As you are aware, this is exactly where a FRFR-type monitor shines. It will faithfully reproduce the KPA profile of the reference amp/mic/cabinet system. So, a Fender Bassman sounds like a Fender Bassman, a Morgan AC20 sounds like a Morgan AC20, and a Marshal 1959SLP through a 4x12 Greenback sounds like (etc., etc., you get the point.)

I'll be playing at Mo's Irish Pub 23511 Katy FWY, Katy TX 77494 June 27th (Thursday night 9 till 1) I will be playing with Doc Holiday band at Saddlebacks in Sealy Sat 8 to 12 June 15th

Hi Dave,

I assume you are the JD Miley from The Gear Page. I was the guy who recommended you look into XiTone. My username over on TGP is Deuterium. Congrats on your purchase, and I really think you will be very pleased and satisfied with the XiTone. I have the passive wedge, because I own a powered Kemper rack. There are more than a few XiTone owners, here, on the Kemper User Forum.

Cheers,

John

What?!

Since when did Paul Gilbert use new generation digital gear? and he's not done the metal shredder thing for years now. At least get your facts right.

Hi JKplaysGuitar,

While I would agree that Paul's solo albums, over the past decade, feature an impressive amalgamation of musical styles, within a general "pop" rock musical milieu and sensibility...most of his albums still feature one or two tracks of bona fide shred guitar. Vinnie Moore is the same way.

I am loving Paul's latest release "Behold Electric Guitars". Here is one of my favorite tracks. It has such a great melody, great slide guitar, and some killer guitar soloing. Really a stand-out, IMHO.

Nevertheless, I hear and agree with your comments. He may still "shred", but it isn't hard metal shredding...but then again, I wouldn't even consider his Racer X days to be "metal shred"....more melodic shred.

just love the new reverbs

Is there a way to copy a performance to a new slot and maintain the current setting and not going back to the zero settings for stomps etc. What I am getting at is when you tweek the parameters of a performance like wah, gain, any settings within a stomp , volume etc and come to an amazing sound that you would like to keep as is , if you copy it and then paste it into a new slot , then the new slot when you click on it will revert back to the un tweeked original sound of the performance. So is there any way to take a snapshot that will take with it the exact parameters you have tweeked.

regards Robbymust

I may be missing something here, Robby...but why wouldn't you hit "Store As", and give it either a completely new name, or simply add a letter or number after the original name. For example, if you have a preset that is named "Robbymust Lead", and you tweak some of the parameters (e.g. Stomp or FX), the simply hit "Store As" and

name it "Robbymust Lead A", or some variation thereof.

Ok, so for 5 years I've been using the KPA without any pedals most of the time, except for a Line 6 M9 in the fx loop for chorus and octo verb. And just because I wanted to be prepared for any pop up gigs where I needed a real amp pedalboard rig, I built a pedalboard recently that would cover a whole show (for the most part). It sounds great with my main amps I keep at home and it's been fun to play on. So, this week I've been experimenting with some gain pedals (and a couple other pedals) in the loop of the KPA to see if I could recreate the tones I'm getting from my home pedalboard rig. I can profile the amps with the gain pedals in line and tonally it's pretty close, but I feel like the dynamics are bigger with the gain pedals in the loop.

Which brings me to my question: How many of you guys use pedals along with the Kemper, either before the KPA or in the loop?

Hi Michael,

I have some nice OD / Distortion pedals, which sound absolutely fantastic and (most importantly) respond and interact with the KPA exactly as they do with a traditional tube guitar amp. I use them in the KPA FX Loop set up for "Loop Distortion ".

My main OD/Distortion pedals consist of:

DOD-250 Reissue (2015 gold fleck)

MI Audio Crunch Box

Digitech Bad Monkey

Wampler Pinnacle II Limited Reissue (2010)

Suhr Riot

Mainly I switch back and forth between the DOD-250 and the Wampler Pinnacle.

Dumb question but can someone in simple terms tell me how to add a morphing function?

Or, you might wish to take some initiative, and read pages 99 - 103 of the Kemper Reference Manual, which would take all of 10-15 minutes.

;)

So if I plug my guitar cab into the speaker output of my Kemper, go to the output section and press “Monitor cab off” I’m done? Is that how I turn off the cab sim for the speaker out and leave it on for the xlr Main outs?

What confuses me is that if I do so the “cabinet” section of the profile I’m using still has an effect on the sound coming out of my guitar cab (for example the high shift or low shift in the soft button cab settings). Do I additionally have to press the soft button “cabinet” for every single profile I’m using in order to turn off the cab sim? Why do the cab settings still have an effect on the sound coming out of my guitar cab?

Thanks

To answer your first part...yes. Just toggle (check mark on) the Monitor Cab/Off option in the OUTPUT menu parameters.

As far as your second issue, I am not sure what is going on. If you have Monitor Cab/Off enabled, ALL settings associated with the Cabinet module will be defeated on the Monitor/Speaker Output. In other words, The "High Shift" and "Low Shift" parameters should be disabled, and even if you radically adjust these settings, it should have zero effect, presuming you have selected the Monitor Cab/Off setting and are connected to a guitar cabinet via the Speaker Output (or Monitor Output) jack.

Perhaps Kemper Support #1 can advise on this matter.