Posts by Adinfinitum

I have the same problem with my KPA. This all be the third time I have to send it in for repairs. The first two times, LEDs were out on many of kmbs. Sent it for repair, worked fora while and then more LEDs went out. Sent in for repair and came back. Now, the KPA works from anywhere from 5 minutes to 20 before the screen goes white and as the OP says, the only way to reset is pulling the AC chord out. I finally installed a Bluetooth switch so I don't have to reach behind the KPA where the AC plug is a PITA to reach.

My unit was one from the first batch back in Feb 2012. So, slightly out of warranty.

Has anyone got a definitive answer of what is causing this and how to repair. I'm not going to ship it again for repair.

If you use a Tele, then you have to play Gates of Delirium, Sound Chaser and To Be Over! Also, some of Drama was Tele, Parallels was his Red Strat

Also, on Yessongs, he tried to use the same guitars as on the albums. But I'm not sure on the Close to the Edge tour he took out his Gibson ES-5 Switch for Roundabout CTTE tour) or Long Distance Runaround/Fish from the Fragile Tour with Bruford)

Perpetual Change was from the Fragile Tour with Bruford, so probably the the ES-175D [i have the Steve Howe Custom - it is a special guitar).

Close to the Edge - his ES-345 stereo converted to mono and his Coral Sitar.
    And U and I - Gibson 1275 Doubleneck, Fender Table Steel.

Starship Trooper - have to check the Yessong movie - there are snippets at the end of them playing that.

Siberian and Heart of the Sunrise (assuming those were played back to back - the 175 on Siberian and i'll have to check if he used the Switchmaster on Heart. Those, like most of Yessongs were cobbled together from 7 gigs recorded during the Tour [Progeny]. Some songs have sections taken from different shows.

BTW - Siberian and HOTS are on my list of death-bed songs. When seeing ARW last year, they played HOTS and during that i thought that that might be the last time I hear Jon sing that live. It was a special listening. I think I could listen to HOTS on Yessongs everyday for the rest of my life and not get tired of it.

Plus, those versions - YES were on fire. Steve had the best tone he ever had.

So, back to getting that tone - there is a video of YIND on Youtube from 1971 - you can see what Steve's rig was. Basically a cranked Fender Dual Showman, wah, FZ-1 and talent.

Yeah - I'm a prog rocker.

Now, if you need Tony Banks equipment, let me know.

On The Yes Album, Steve used his ES-175d guitar into Fender Dual Showman Head and 15 in speaker cabinet. The distorted lead tone is a Meastro FZ-1 - the same fuzz box as Keef used on Satisfaction (not the FZ-1a that came out later. Don't forget the wah for middle Dm7 section.

On Yessongs, pretty much the same setup, but he used the newer Maestro FZ1B which was more like a Univox Fuzz box.

My Kemper was purchased from Thomann's soon after release (was it Feb 2012??). I've had to send it in for repair twice for Knob LEDs going out. Each time, support was really accommodating, quickly replaced the blown components and shipped the unit back.

For several months, I've had the screen go blank after being powered on and working for about 10 minutes or so. Even turning the knob to off, does not shut down the unit. I then have to remove the AC plug to turn it off.

I've upgraded to all the latest firmware and RM releases. I had 999 profiles on it and removed a few to get under the maximum. Any suggestions besides sending it in for repair? I assume it is WAAAAY out of warranty at this point.

Merry belated X-Mass & Holidays and Happy New Year. Please say a prayer for the U.S. - three more years of insanity to go.

Ad Infinitum Band

Michael:

Any Memorial Day sales for your profiles such as buy 4 get 2 free? Also, any chance of selling them a la carte. Each pack includes many amps that I'm really not interested in and would refer to cherry pick from all the packs.

Finally, I'm a trademark attorney that handles many music manufacturing companies so if you have a trademark question. Feel free to ask me.

Todd
    TrademarkAuthority

I have two major requests:

You should be able to keep all your profiles on the USB stick and load any one to a temporary cache in order to test out and then save to the KPA, as opposed to using a program on a laptop (rig manager). I used to, have about 3000 profiles until a firmware update limited the number of profiles to 1000. I thought that keeping all profiles on removal media like a USB stick allowed a great way to have all profiles readily available to test and search as opposed to loading all of them in a limited amount of hardware memory. So, what I'm asking is to have rig manager software be part of the firmware so no third party comouter is necessary.

Next, while I love the browse function to toggle between my 1000 profiles easily, I really wanted the remote to be able to turn on/off any FX per Rig. Instead, you have to map out the IAs to each FX on a per rig basis. With 1000 profiles, that is an excessive amount of Programming. I should be able to assign any IA to turn on/off any FX. I believe every other foot controller has the ability to assign an Ia to a midi CC to turn any FX on/off globally.

Thanks. A "rig by rig basis" YIKES!. Is anyone else not particularly happy about that? Even if you use a 100 profiles - that is a lot of programming. Flexible, yes, but still, a lot of programming. What I loved about the KPA compared to the Axe was that you can "lock" an FX to be on a global basis, as oppose to placing the same FX in every patch. For example, I have a global delay that I lock so that as I'm scrolling through profiles, I have the typical delay I like to use. I was hoping to have the KPA set up like a stomp box pedal board so that I can use the remote to turn my usual FX on/off globally. I guess I can do that by assigning the same FX for each profile and then assigning IAs and then saving the profiles, but that is A LOT of work. Personally, I'm tired of programming and tweaking and just want to play!

Note - the above is not a complaint, just a personal observation. I'll deal with it.

I received my replacement Remote and it works. Again, big thanks to Kemper CS and Matthew Skaggs. I really like the Browse feature since I have 1000 profiles and the up/down buttons allow me to scroll through them, as opposed to having to set up midi program changes.

Now, I'm trying to set up the FX IAs (I through IIII) to turn on/off effects. With the Axe-FX MFC, you can set up any IA to turn on/off any FX globally - meaning, no matter what the patch/preset, if it has a phaser or delay, you can have a single IA always assigned to that FX to turn it on/off. The Remote seems to work on a "per profile" basis. Meaning, I would shave to assign the I through III buttons to turn off whatever FX was placed in "that profile" to control it. Now, with 1000 profiles, It seems there has to be a better way to set up the Remote so that each of the available IA (1-5 and I through IIII) can be assigned to turn off Stomps 1-4 and the FX X, Mod, Delay and Reverb) on a global KPA basis. Does any one know how to do that? If so, can you post instructions or point me to the instructions to do that

Otherwise, if it can't do that (it seems you Can do that via a midi controller!), the Remote was not the best purchase for me, although, again, having the ability to scroll through 1000 profiles with a foot click is what I would have wanted, so not a total loss, but a slight disappointment in the actual functionality of the Remote..

My replacement Remote was overnighted on Wednesday, but due to the weather, arrived today. Huge shoutout and thanks to Matthew Skaggs for providing top notch, prompt and expedited customer service.

I connected the Remote and turned the KPA on. The remote lit up and then went black again. Uh-oh! Then the Remote said "updating firmware" and then finally after a few updating cycles, connected to the KPA.

Everyone - make sure you have the latest firmware and do not connect the remote if you are running anything less than the 3.0 release. Otherwise, the KPA may be sending the wrong firmware to the Remote (or vice-versa)mand re-writing the firmware.

Thanks for the responses. I tried the <> tuner fix and the first soft button fix. I need to " burn and boot" - sounds exciting!

The problem was I had about 3000 profiles on my KPA and haven't updated firmware since CK changed the firmware to have a 1000 profile limit. I was waiting for the librarian to make it easier to "cull the herd."

When I went to update the KPA today, I first wanted to clear the memory ( delete all the profiles which were backed up on my Mac) and just reload the new firmware with a few profiles.

Well, that didn't work out so well. The unit just says NO RESOURCE DATA and won't let me into Maintenance Mode. Support didn't have an answer to clear the memory and load the new firmware. I tried reloading older firmware but that didn't work.

Any help would be appreciated.

You can email the burn process to tjbraverman at optonline dot net.

Big thanks,

Todd
    AdInfinitum