Posts by Adinfinitum

I tried to update to the latest beta firmware from a prior firmware (not 2.1) The KPA say "KEMPER PROFILER - NO RESOURCES ERROR." I tried holding down the first soft button and turning to tuner, as well as holding down >< and turning to tuner - no go.

Any ideas?

Also, prior to that, the LCD screen would go blank after use - anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes - rebooting fixed that.

Thanks,

Todd
    Ad Infinitum

Does anyone have a zip file of the last six months of rig exchange profiles? I stopped downloading for a while since my Kemper was maxed out and I was waiting patiently for the librarian to figure out which profiles I would keep before upgrading the firmware. Would really prefer not having to sit for a few hours and download all the profiles since I stopped.

You can email it to me at tjbraverman at optonline dot net.

Thanks,

Todd
    adinfinitum

My KPA locked up recently after loading some new profiles from the exchange. It would get to a certain profile and then either lockup or restart ( and then lock-up). After clearing the memory and reloading all the profiles several times with the same result, I noticed that some of the newer profiles were 8KB instead of 4 KB. I'm running earlier firmware because I have A LOT of profiles and don't want to cut down to under 1000 right now. Does frye newer firmware use a larger profile size?

I'm still on an earlier firmware that did not have the 1000 profile limit. I guess it is time to update. The backup feature on the KPA won't work and the unit won't accept new profiles. I have all profiles on my desktop but am not looking forward to culling the heard by 200%.

Anyway, does anyone have step by step instructions on starting fresh - clearing memory, reloading new firmware and loading all factory profiles? Then I can load all the "best-of" my purchased and downloaded profiles.

Note - While I understand newer firmware takes up more memory, it was great having all the profiles stored in the unit. Without an editor/librarian, culling the herd is going to be very time consuming.

I'll probably buy the retrofit, but mono, not stereo; however, I'm hoping I don't have to ship it to be retrofitted. However, when I needed my LEDs fixed, the US repair facility were excellent.

I tend to run everything in mono (I actually don't have room in my studio for two CLRs). I was disappointed that no KPA floorboard was announced at NAMM, but maybe Christoph has a surprise for us in March.

Actually, the Gear Page is a tough crowd and it is sort of their policy to divulge any affiliation with or bias against any product or company. I think it is a good policy, ethics or not. They also ask lots of questions and details on your particular set up, so I'd figured I'd save time and give the excruciating boring details.

I'm not a "fanboi" of either unit and really enjoy playing through both units. I have to say that those who combine the CLR with a KPA will not be disappointed (of course, unless you prefer a power amp and cab over FRFR. in any case, I'm excited to update my KPA with their new power amp and give going through a guitar cab a listen.

My KPA had some blown LEDs a few months ago. Kemper paid for shipping to the repair facility in the US and turned the unit around in about a week (and paid for the return shipping back). Pretty freakin' great customer service. I was, to say the least, most impressed.

I have at least 3,000 profiles from various sources ad have not upgraded my firmware in quite a while due to the newly implemented 1000 profile limitation (which is a significant limitation considering many profile packs come with 500 profile variations each). May I start fresh, i.e if i clear the Kemper and reload the newest firmware, can I then re-load all my old profiles back in or will I get a "software" error for exceeding the profile limit?

I also want to understand why the KPA now has the limitation when earlier it did not? Will this be a permanent feature of the unit? Without a external editor and the extensive amount of time it takes the KPA to load large batches of profiles, I really prefer having all my profiles on the USB stick and available for access at the push of a soft button.

Is the current limit of 1000 profiles a temporary situation or will all future firmware have this limitation? I have not updated the firmware since this recent change because I have a significant number of profiles and really do not want to audition them all to get down to 1000.