Posts by Adinfinitum

The first amp I modeled was my GK-250 ML. I'd post it but want to give it another shot in a few weeks. Wish there was a way to profile the chorus/echo. I've never been able to mimic that sound with third party pedals. I'd even use one of my RL 250 as a donor to make such a pedal.

Question for all - would you rather have a Kemper running beta firmware or waiting until sometime in the futuremtomeven have a Kemper to use? Personally, I'd rather deal with a few bugs and have the unit than waiting for Kemper to ship the unit.

We also are able to steer development with our suggestions, fixes, and improvements. Let's be patient and enjoy what we can do with the unit.

Note - my unit crashed pretty bad when loading 1.05. I went back to 1.04 and waited for 1.06. growing pains!

Big thanks and much appreciation to everyone posting their profiles (and not charging for them). I'm just started getting my handle on the Kemper and will eventually submit my profiles as well. I know a lot of time, art and technique goes into making a good profile, so thanks to all for the efforts. Keep'em coming!

As long as you have your data backed up on your desktop, you need to have the Kemper format the USB stick. After formatting (FAT32), you can copy the data back on to the stick from your desktop.

There should be three folders on the Kemper

Backup - for KPA backup files
    OS - put the kaos file in there to update firmware (always save old firmware on desktop in case of issues)
    Shared - profiles go in here.

Most of the profiles available were shot with mic's that add their own color, so what you're getting is "mic'd amp in the studio" sound and not "amp in the room" sound.

I'm using an Atomic FR. Compared to my actual Amps, the KPA sounds extremely close to sounding like an amp in the room. Also, I've recorded several direct profiles, then play them back through power amp/cab. Close enough for rock n roll, at least for me.

Could it be better, sure, but I'm not complaining.

Actually, the last thing I want the KPA to sounds like is a recorded guitar tone. I want it to sound like an amp in the room. It does. Again, if you are comparing a modeler or profiler with all the equipment in a professional guitar studio, including mixing boards, EQ, compressors, fx, mics and great ears and technique, double or triple tracking a part and expect to get that exact sound out of a $200 or $3000 box, you'll always be disappointed.

In fact, i remember EVH complaining about how great his amps sound in the room but he had difficulty getting that sound to tape.

Here are instructions from another thread.

Got it work again.

First of all a disclaimer: I have no clue if the manufacturer likes it when users go to the maintanance menu. I would recommend not to touch anything where you feel unsure. I guess you could toast the unit that hard in there that you'd need to send it back to support. It's your own decision and your own responsibility when you do that.

And that's what I did:

Copied from Armins site:

Note: ALL the rigs will be erased during this procedure!!

Switch the main knob to off
    Hold the left/top soft-key above the LCD
    while still holding this key - switch KPA to tuner
    Maintenance Module will be started
    In the 'Maintenance' menu goto 'Memory'
    Use Memory FormatFlash and InitFlash (I pressed init here)
    Check if the KPA works (booting, tuner)
    Resinstall your rigs - I recommend to just install the stock rigs - in case you have corruped rigs on your USB stick
    Load additional rigs - check if all rigs work (Did not work with FW 1.05, freezed again!)
    Check all the KPA settings

I then have put FW 1.04 back on the stick and downdated, then loaded my restored state and now I'm back FW 1.04.

I'll wait for now until someone can say why the update failed.

1.05 borked my Kemper. I also had to reinitialize, go back to 1.04 and then re-load my profiles. I understand we are using a public beta and we update at our own risk, but I'd prefer these updates be tested a little more prior to release, especially since they are mostly minor bug repairs. Public betas should not brick your unit.

Unfortunately, I don't think you have the ability to reassign the IAs to shoot different CC messages to the Kemper - they are what they are. If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate the help. I don't want to use the MFC since I have it working perfectly with my Axe and don't want to screw it up and don't want to buy another midi board. I guess ill just wait for the KPA midi controller.

Armin - what do you think of recording the amp output through a Hotplate Line Out back into the KPA and then just grabbing a cab from another profile instead of micing? That's what I started doing to get the hang of profiling and also because my guitar/vocal closet is packed with an extra Hammond L-100 Organ, a GK 4x12 and other stuff, so I'm not looking forward to clearing it out in order to have a location to properly mic an amp.

Please do not take this as a flame or criticism, but I have to say that i'm a little disappointed that you are charging for your profiles and opposed to either given them away for free or asking for donations. I understand every one deserve compensation for their efforts, but the KPA brotherhood is starting to sprout. The forum needs knowledgable players and engineerings to build the KPA foundation and environment. I've already downloaded many free profiles and am very appreciative, I'm hoping to start contributing my own profiles once I read up on methods and procedures by others. With that being said, I was hoping you'd re-think your business pricing. Anyway,that's for your help on many a forum over the years.

Ad Infinitum :thumbup: