Posts by Adinfinitum

I'd like the LCD tuner to indicate when the string is in tune or at least give how many cents sharp or flat. I know I can look st the light, but prefer it all be on one screen.

Believe me, as an American, I see our hypocracy when it comes to freedom of speech. Everyone believes in it, until you are the one who controls the media, then you say, "it's my forum, I decide what can or cannot be said."

I was going to write about the KPA on the axe forum, but, what's the point? Let the KPA speak for itself.

Saved about $300, plus potentially several months of GAS. Just AB'd the KPA to my Randall MTS rig. Both running JMP style patches. Holy crap, does the KPA sound great.

I don't know if anyone hears this effect, but in the milliseconds after switching from real amp to KPA, Axe or other digital modeler, you can hear an almost fakeness, but your ears adjust almost immediately and it sounds great. Note, this happens when going from a modeler to a real amp as well, so it is not a critique of digital. Is it just my ears adjusting to the different sound waves and locations?

Having A LOT of fun. I hook up the Kemper and Axe Fx II to a Radial AB switch box, so that both are receiving signal to the respective units. Then I have another AB switchbox that I use to switch XLR outputs to an Atomic FR. I'm REALLY impressed with the KPA. It sounds and feels like I'm playing through a tube amp, not a model of a tube amp, not a physical model of a tube amp, but a tube amp. Of course, not all profiles are equal and like the amps themselves, some I like, some I don't, some I love. I'm not going to offer any disrespect to the Axe because both units sound great, do somethings better than the other, but at the end of the day, all I care about is how it sounds. I like to tweak the sound, but don't have OCD when it comes to my sounds. I also don't have need for crazy effects routing - pretty straight forward mod fx, OD, delay and reverb. I actually use an M13 because I prefer the ease of use and sound over the Axe's fx (I'm probably the only one who does) The KPA sounds great and is easy to use. It has the ease of use and simplicity of a POD with the sound that Line6 has been claiming the POD has for ten years.

I'm not going to load new firmware, make my own profiles or load others until I feel comfortable navigating the unit. I dont want to toast the unit since shipping back to Germany will be a pain. In some ways the KPA is very intuitive, in other ways, I have to refer to the manual.

Look forward to contributing my own profiles at a later date, but appreciate everyone sharing their profiles.

My purchase was first accepted and then Thomson said they couldn't accept any credit card from the US and told me to use PayPal. When that didn't work, they said, "oh yeah, we can't accept PayPal from the US due to some issues.". Then I wire them money and they couldn't locate it. After two weeks of this, the unit finally shipped. It arrived in the US yesterday, but I have no idea on delivery date. Hoping tomorrow since I'm close to JFK and DhL has an office a mile from me.

Pete:

Glad to see you made it over from the MTS forum. I still have several of your mods. I ordered from Thomann almost 4 weeks ago. It took two weeks to work out the wire transfer and get it shipped. I just got an email that it arrived in the US. Hopefully, it should clear US customs quickly ((JFK Airport) and get to me on Long Island by Friday. I figured Sweetwater may not get any until end of February and couldn't wait.

Look forward to hearing York MTS profiles.

Adinfinitum/ Todd

My KPA is somewhere between Germany and the US. I hope to have it sometime next week. Buying from Thomann was not easy. They do not accept US credit cards or PayPal. I had to send money via a wire transfer - lost two weeks sorting that out. Supposedly custom duties will be around $75. I'll report back when I have the unit in hand.

After a Snafu with the wire transfer and several phone calls and unreturned emails, Thomann finally shipped my KPA to me. I'm hoping it doesn't take forever to get to NY. Luckily, there is DHL office a 1/2 mile from my home. Anyway, does anyone have an update on when units will be shipped to US distributors like Sweetwater?

I spoke with US Customs, duty is 5% on guitar amps - $75. Saves about $200 from Sweetwater's price. I've had music equipment shipped to me before from the EU, one time, no duty was charged, the other time I received a bill for $200 after the item was delivered, but never paid. Nothing ever happened.

You also have to figure that even if they ship right after NAMM, it will take a week to get to Sweetwater, who will then have to inventory the units, contact whomever pre-ordered and then ship them out. So even if they do ship soon after NAMM, i wouldn't get the unit until early February. Knowing my luck, I'll probably get my unit after I would have gotten the Sweetwater unit.

Thomann; however, it has not gone smoothly. I asked them to expedite shipping due to their pretty poor customer service (I sent several emails and left voice mails without reply). In fact, in order to call the UK, I had to set up international calling on my iPhone. I'll let you know how long shipping takes. I also asked about whether there will be US customs duties - probably not since this is for personal use.