Posts by ckemper

Let's say it would be good if the looper could save one round of a 12 bar blues.

Just for comparison, the Boss RC1 has a recording time of 12 minutes (alas in worse quality). The Dito Looper has still 5 minutes and the Boss RC-10R can even do a whopping 6 hours, if I'm not mistaken.

The Kemper Profiler can replace so many pedals (I did some A/B comparisons and found the Kemper effects sounded identical) but the looper is not one of them yet. Maybe some day in the future?

Since the 12 bars include 48 beats, you can save a blues at 96 BPM.

Or a very slow blues at 48 BPM, when set to 1/2 time.

How would you make use of 5 minutes or 6 hours?

15. The looper in the Kemper remote has an insanely short recording time. Don't sell your boss loopers (like I did...).

It depends in your plans.

Insanely short to me would be 15 seconds, but even this would work well for classic pattern looping.

However, the Looper does one minute of recording time when set to 1/2 tempo (before hitting record).

20. You cannot use the Kemper's effect loop and aux in or record a direct signal for reamping at the same time. Although I love the fact that I can use external pedals with the Kemper and place them anywhere in the effect chain (genius!) it's very frustrating not being able to record a direct signal at the same time.

18. The "Space" option in the output section is a very powerful tool to achieve a more natural sounding tone and doesn't need to be limited to headphones only.

But yes, you can.

You can set all outputs (Main Output as well as Monitor Output) to different signal sources, including DI signal.

And use the Send for the FX Loop.

The Space is not limited to the headphone but can be set to main output as well by clicking the switch above the Space pot.

There is an additional Space effect availble in the Type list.

Let me expand on my SPDIF statement: I am sure that a professional sound engineer or someone with a high end interface can manage to get the same sound out of a cable/main out situation as when using SPDIF. But as a beginner I found it impossible. My recordings never sounded like what I heard when I connected my studio headphones to the Kemper directly.

Once I purchased a bigger version of the Scarlett that had SPDIF input suddenly all of my problems disappeared. The signal sounded pure, no additional gain added by my interface front input. I didn't have to worry about finding unity gain at all anymore. And the best thing: I could just switch between profiles and always had the volume perfectly adjusted to go ahead and record. Before that I had to adjust gain all the time when switching profiles, hoping I would find the perfect amount for the cleanest recording.

If you're a beginner like me, I say it again: use SPDIF and live happy.

With a high quality audio interface (such as Focusrite) you will be able the same results even through the analog inputs.

It is likely that you have overdriven the inputs of your interface, resulting in a bad sound and unpredictable volume differences.

Going analog is a very usual method, if not the standard method. More beginners fail with SPDIF.

Wouldn't it be possible to do this as an option?
    I used #-tuners for years, my DAW and writing software works with # and my brain also… probably I could adapt, but a choice would be much more preferable :)

The Tuner in the Profiler is usually taken for tuning guitars, the open strings. EADGBE. And others.

No b or #.

For a semitone drop you will have the same with b added, which is the best solution.

Do you prefer to tune to D# instead of Eb tuning, while every guitarist would call it Eb tuning?

Where do you encounter a situation with your electric guitar, where a # would be favorable?

And to second what has been said:

The pedal settings were designed to do exactly what you need.

Set up your Rig individually as you intend, concerning the Wah effects and Volume Pedal settings.

Afterwards, you can opt for a combination of Wah and Volume (Wah>Volume), cancle this link with one click and defeat the Volume Pedal funktion.

At a different point in time you could connect a separate and dedicated Volume Pedal side by side with your Wah Pedal (and even Pitch or Morph Pedal.

All without touching your Rigs.

While I cannot hear any technical shortcomings in the tracks, I can truly hear double tracked clips (two separate recordings), fully panned to the left and right.

The double tracking seems to be intentional (as it is usual art), but it is not specifically mentioned in this thread.

Double tracking naturally induces phasing, which is often intended by art.

However, is this the issue you are talking about? Maybe I don‘t get the point.

Happy new year, BTW !

I don‘t know what‘s the problem of your other Helix guitarist is.

But you can for sure control the volume of your power amp just by the Profilers Monitor Volume, in a full way. That is what everybody is doing.

Do you fear to overload the input of your power amp?

The Clean Sense does exactly what you describe.

It levels your guitar on the input. However, it cannot tell whether it is a pure guitar or an overdrive in the line. Therefore the ouput level of the OD is affected as well. But this should not be an issue.

Next topic: the volume control of any Profiler effect spans +- 24 dB, which is a lot.

If this is driven into clean devices such as a clean amp or even no amp, your speakers would explode (when set to +24 dB). This is why the boost is scaled down in purpose.

Now when you turn your amp gain a bit higher than zero (something that you would also do on a tube amp), maybe to 2.0 or higher, then the full boost into the distortion is possible. And then you will experience that the Profilers volume boost goes beyond most OD pedals.

And that‘s what is crucial: Boost into the amp distortion.

I really like the new, less compressed, feel. Playing through a 1x12 open cab Kemper kone speaker. Only tried at home at bedroom volume so far so good. As always I'm so impressed by the Kemper team. /Hans Jakobsson Umeå Sweden

Thanks!

I don‘t want to disappoint you, but we have not included means for a less compressed feel, that couldn‘t be achieved by other classical methods such as reducing amp gain.

"Are you driving a distorting amp?": I get higher volume with the Maxon on the loop, both with clean and distorted amps.

ckemper

This is what I don‘t understand.

I cannot see a way how you would vary the volume of a (significantly) distorted amp by swapping the OD, or changing the volume of the OD.

The distortion of the amp would compress (sic!) the volume differences, but response with a different level of distortion.

In the range over 0 to +5 the volume still is too low compared to the real pedal. I guess there where no changes here, as the change log only mentions values below 0.

Please explain „volume still too low“.

Are you driving a distorting amp?

Please use your Maxon in front of the Profiler (Input) and set „Clean Sens“ to +6 dB for the duration of the A/B comparison, to match the situation.

You should achieve the same sound with the „Cry“ preset.

Set the Mode to „On“ in case you don‘t want the auto-engage.

Check in the System or Pedals menu, that your expression pedal sweeps through the whole span.

Otherwise press „Calibrate“ and sweep.

You will probably have to increase the „Volume“ of the „Cry“ preset to match the gain, when the wah is engaged.

Tell us your results.

When your amp is already distorting, then you hear a change in distortion, not in volume boost.

any reason for this ?
    changed: Tuner and Harmonic Pitch display keys in B instead of #

99% of all tuners in the world working with #.

It seems obvious to me that modern tuners dedicated to electric guitarists strongly lean towards the „b“ choice.

I have a hard time to find „#“ tuners in this domain. And it totally makes sense to me. That‘s why we have changed it.