Posts by ckemper

Thank you for your votes.

Analysis:
    1. Most go for the bank buttons on the right foot.
    2. A majority go for the Fx-Buttons on the bottom row. Very interesting!
    3. A small majority go for 6 buttons width instead of five.

There is a little logic gap here, as all three questions were not as independent from each other, as I thought.

Three of you chosed the 6 button design with Fx buttons on the lower row.
    This does not make too much sense, as this design can easily be done by 5 buttons per row, as seen earlier in this thread.

[Blocked Image: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8557148/fotos/_transfer/temporary/KFC_CK_2.jpg]

Can the three of you explain their vision?

CK

The guitar does not matter for the refining process. The Profiler mainly reads the dynamics of an amp, when played by the guitar. Every guitar delivers enough dynamics to satisfy this aspect.

In the end the type of guitar or pickup does not have an impact in the profiling result.
    If the result is good, the A/B test will pass with any guitar.
    If the result was not good, the flaws will be obvious with every guitar.

But as was mentioned, not every profile will fit nicely to any guitar or pickup, as in the real world.

CK

In my case yes. The question is how the bank buttons will work.
    E.G. if you're on preset 2C and you press "bank up" will you get to 3C automatically or will it get you into some kind of "browse mode" where you then have to choose the preset of the bank you just selected? (thats the way the line6 stuff works)

The latter: you have to press a rig button to activate a bank.
    In Performance Mode (yet to come) which is a song mode, I could think of a preference that the first rig of the new bank is selected, when you press a bank button.

Audioholic - We are leaving out an important piece of information. I stated that I would likely sell my KPA *IF* the new update did not make substantial improvements in the areas mentioned. Christoph, by making his ‘rather irrepressible offer’ to take back my KPA immediately, effectively circumvented the process. He has never contacted me personally, nor personally answered any of my emails to him over these months of my KPA ownership - therefore whatever I had to say could only be said on the user board. This is not usually the case with artists like myself, and it was less than ideal.

Hadley, I don't have any email or private message from you. And you have never contacted our support to get in contact with me. I would have answered you for sure.
    Did I miss something?

CK

Mikeb, sorry that we could not help you, but we have no message from any other user, that the noise gate in 1.08 is working worse than in 1.04. Anybody?
    We are told that the newer noise gate works better in terms of attack.

If the next update does not provide serious improvements in the KPA's Noise Reduction and Digital aliasing problems and overall usability, I will likely be selling my unit.

I will continue to keep tabs on it's development, in hopes it will ultimately become all that has been promised, but I have been seriously disappointed at the 'pace of progress' with the KPA in the last 6 months. There would seem to be a lack of urgency and effort for this product, and that concerns me both as a user and an investor.

Sorry to be so sarcastic here, but it's quite disappointing to see a professional having a product a bit more than 16 weeks, moaning all over the forums about special flaws in the distortion algorithm, comparing it to modeling amps (hillarious), not delivering explaing sound files in week, and then giving me an ultimatum, even though I have confirmed that we are working on several topics.

He might experience that we can even fulfill his wishes and ultimatum, but I don't see the value anymore. Hopefully he has sent the unit back before the next update, because I don't even want to discuss solutions with him.

To all the others: Improvement takes time. Not because it's hard, but because we simply allow some weeks to test a new software, even before we make it a public beta. Please do not force us to release software, that was tested too quickly.

Thanks
    CK

If the next update does not provide serious improvements in the KPA's Noise Reduction and Digital aliasing problems and overall usability, I will likely be selling my unit.

I will continue to keep tabs on it's development, in hopes it will ultimately become all that has been promised, but I have been seriously disappointed at the 'pace of progress' with the KPA in the last 6 months. There would seem to be a lack of urgency and effort for this product, and that concerns me both as a user and an investor.

Hadley,
    I told before that we are taking care of noise issues.
    But it seems that you suffering so much, that I am willing to take your unit back.
    Please send a message to our support for details.

Hi christophe, i use the line input 1 but i did the test with the 2 and there is no change.
    Sorry but i don't now what is High Z input.
    I don't want to use front input cause they are preamped.

Even i could find an astuce i don't want to make profile with not a good (same) guitar level (my first try with the first one make saturate the amp so the profile)

The inputs on your soundcard may all be with lower impedance (low z) and not suited to take the guitar direct. It puts too much load on the guitar, that might change the sound and volume. Please check if an high impedance or instrument input is mentioned in the manual of your audio interface.
    The input of the Profiler is high impedance and perfectly matches the guitar. The Direct Out on the other hand is low impedance and will match easily on all inputs of your soundcard, preserving the correct volume.

In other words: the direct out helps to interface your guitar to your audio interface. The higher volume is a good indicator for a good match.

The only thing to solve the situation is simpy lowering the input gain of your sound card to avoid clipping.