Posts by ckemper

The noise gate is strictly off at zero position.
    Don you play high gain?
    Does this "gating" happen on all profiles?
    Post an audio clip!

The Clean Sense is to balance between clean and distorted sounds.
    That is between clean and distorted settings of the same profile, as well as between different clean and different distorted rigs.

Thanks for this report.

Fact is: The Profiler responds well to Midi Clock, but does not give an appropriate visual feedback.
    Tempo Enable should be engaged automatically, and the Tempo setting should change according to the actual tempo.
    We will improve that in an upcoming firmware (probably not in the very next).

But when you press Tap once to "enable" the Tempo, that is to make the Tap button blink, you will see it blinking by the correct tempo.
    Sound-wise everything will follow the midi clock from external, whenever it's received. No exception.

My Sweetwater rep still seems to be spinning around waiting for answers, but Kemper came through with a repair center in Texas whose turnaround time is two weeks. Plus, prepaid shipping both ways (Sweetwater told me just one way.)

That's much better, thanks to one and all - US owners can sleep a bit better now.

-djh

Have to say that: We did't just "come around".
    Sweetwater is dealing with this repair center since month. There was no need to pass them a phone number or whatever.
    Since you have my email address, please tell me what the exact state is, I will pass it to our US distributor to see if we can accellerate things.

CK

Guys, be aware that all of you talk about different things.

Per,
    Obviously two in this thread compare the original amp to the profiler played back by the same cabinet. This is not.valid, if not done right. Are you comparing it the same way?

Am I reading this correctly that you are comparing the profile that is played back again by the same speaker cabinet?
    You are probably comparing to a sound that cannot be seen as the same sound. But I could be wrong.

Please explain exactly how you cabled for profiling and how you cabled for listening to the profile.

Thanks
    CK

I have had this Profile amp over a year and I have pretty good ears. I want this amp to succeed! So close it is to being un beatable....But I must say...there is a missing element in the profiles that are not capturing our amps completely. After the Profile is taken and I go back and listen to the real deal vs Kemper through the same cabinet and a Mesa Power amp and a Mosvalve amp but not much difference there and what I find there is a lack of or missing element of ....How do I say here.....Body. Hair maybe.....Warmth. Low mid fullness maybe. I Profiled my Marshall AFD and although close there is a lacking warmth body mid something or other. Comes out thinner than Original. Im just here to say your s o so close to having this perfect. please keep up the great work.Joej

Did you compare to a direct profile taken from the preamp of the mesa, or a regular studio profile?

Hard to tell from far.
    You have metal tones, I guess, so the heavy distortion will naturally limit any overshoot, when you slap a string.

Please check if the clipping appears with "CabOn" too.
    Also check with headphone or your stereo, if you can hear the pop without that power amp.