Posts by irish

I use a Presonus Firebox which I picked up second hand on ebay (circa £120)
    The latest Kemper Firmware update has sorted the S/PDIF in/out on that device so I can record via that. The latency is tiny. Sounds totally realtime, better than USB on "another modeller". Monitor or record in Reaper. Very Happy.

All I can say is WOW!
    I have only tried the first profile and it sounds just like my AFD. In fact it's better as I have always struggled with recording it direct and unwanted noise.

This may be related but when I connect S/PDIF OUT to my Axe-fx II S/PDIF IN it gives me a "no input clock" error.
    I know they are 'rival' products but it would be cool to connect the 2.
    Will the fixes allow for clocking at 48khz? and allow me to run the Axe-fx as the sound-card / post-effects processor.

I get the error with the AFD and these also.
    It might be something to do with downloading in IE? It tries to save it as a midi. In fact the error mentions something about midi.
    Any chance you could zip the files up instead?

If they do sound good (and others have said so) my AFD can go on ebay ;)
    I might spash out on a Palmer PD03 myself. I have a Caswell 39 to profile.

Ah ok,
    I thought it was the same as the Hot Plate.
    I see in another thread that the TillS profiles were done with Marshall cabs, so will try these.
    That's cool, will give it a whirl. I own an AFD so it'll be cool to see how it compares

I understand these profiles don't contain a cab?
    If so, Can you please suggest a cab from an existing preset that I could copy ?
    I see in the tips and tricks how to copy the cab from 1 preset to another.