Posts by Froschn

Hello!
    Flooded the exchangebase with a bunch of profiles of my loved Angel combo (Plz apologize for not using the real name here), all channels, different stages of gain.
    It has one 12" Celestion Vintage 30.
    Sound is more modern and wicked than vintage and it can bite and cut and can do metalish highs.
    Setting while proling was with treble and presence turned way up, so it's rather sharp than round. Could have turned it lower... but don't we have enough of that usual stuff now? That way 4x12 cabs can be used with the amp-profile without getting boomy or muddy. I recommend tills rectos 4x12s wich I like with the bare amp profiles, adds recto genes.
    You can also let the cab there and add bass and mids to your liking.
    Naming is like this: clean=CLN, crunch=Crn, lead1=LD1, lead2=LD2, boost =+, number at the end=the higher the number, the higher the gain.
    Don't know if the highest gain settings make any sence, just a crazy amount of gain...
    Tell me if I should better erase weird stuff from the list!

C'mon dude, u know what I mean, right? :)
    For me its frustrating that Kemper is (imho) wasting time for designing a black unit while the software is still not stable enough for live use.

Why do you find it not stable enough for live use? Had around 6 rehearses with it and not one single crash or any issue....the few problems that are left only occur when you tweak deeply. Crashes at home do not spoil your gigs.
    OK, the perform-mode is something that I'd like to see too and I'd like to know what it is basically but that's just an improvement and nothing that I really need.

I think it was already explained there, there was a lot of name calling and the usual out of control posts, and it was removed..

Yes, but somehow a bad action anyway. He says he haven't had the time to search the whole thread to delete only the mean posts. And I can understand that. But now the good posts have been deleted too. :thumbdown:
    Next time when I see someone bitchin about Fractal Audio I don't answer and just let the bichters bitch and whine and complain and spread lies and whatever....when I answer and my posts get deleted anyway, why then should I answer? ?(

You could connect the mfc to your computers midi-in and record the midi-strings with bomeSX or any other software that can capture incomming streams and look what's inside. Maybe there are some unwanted sysex-commands in the stream or you something corrupting the normal strings. Information about midi-commands are in the net, but it's not that easy. A riddle sometimes to find out what the messages mean...

Some more midi-gear I own has problems with the MFC. The data-stream of the MFC is very full when you use the factory-settings. It is sending a seperate pc-command for every channel instead of sending one command on the omni-channel. Additional a stream of CCs follows. Even when you set the receiving gear to one special channel, the midi-in still has to read and filter the full stream wich is too much for some. The KPA works very stable with other midi-controllers. I'd recommend to ged rid of overfilled streams and delete all unneeded commands in some of the MFC presets and try if it works stable then.

Still own AFX and KPA since Dec. 2011. It's not easy to tell wich feels better. The AFX reacts very good when you vary your picking or roll back the volume, it's almost like with a real amp. But it's a long way to good presets.For me finding the right cabs is the keystep to come to good results. Even then you can hear the special voice that the AFX has. At the other side the KPA feels wrong when I roll back the volume, small turns have too much impact compared to what I expect and it's irritating. Ok, nothing to worry about, so I got to get used to make smaller turns. But it has an own voice too! As long as I feel a difference between the modelers and the real amps, wich I can say for both, AFX and KPA, it's hard to say if one is better than the other. All I can say is that both add their own voice. Don't flame me. There will come a time when a KPA2 and an AFX3 will be released because there is still room for improvements. or is there anyone claiming that this is the end of the evolution?.

Sometimes after booting the KPA some of the rigs loose their MIDI progam number. PRGNR xy = Empty .

This bug has to be fixed !

Any Idea?

Has been told somewhere... I guess it's under the announcements.
    When the preset-name contains two following blanks the midi assignments of that preset do not survive a reboot.
    All you have to do is to avoid having two following blanks in the name, then it works flawless.

that's what beta-users are for. but you have to take that stage seriously... as a developer.

??? use two following blanks in the title and the unit crashes. alter one parameter in the cab's section and the sounds are 'boxy'. etc... i wouldn't call that stable.

Two blanks do not cause a crash, that's wrong. Ok, the cab section can cause a crash. But editing is nothing that I would do at a gig. So that's nothing that would massle a live-performance.

Head and cab. Cab is the Roadster 2x12 - smaller with a more focused midrange than the standard Mesa v30 2x12. Anticipating some overkill in the bass response, I actually mounted the cab on an amp stand for the profile to diminish the floor effect, but it still sounds a little sub-heavy on the modern setting. All the eq's were more or less @ 12 o'clock, but presence around 1 o'clock.

I'm thinking about redoing the drive ones with a little less gain and rolling off some bottom end on the modern channel. Let me know if anyone's interested...

Oh, yes please! With bass rolled off and -if its not getting too sharp sounding- more treble and presence. :P

OK, Kartoffelmode off.
    To come back to the OT.
    One more thing:
    There have been some uploads of corrupted profiles,
    EVH-files and AFD-files.
    They have been uploaded once again and work now.