Posts by Froschn

But it would be all after the fact, on the Master, at least they way I think about it. It limits the Master Output and brings every rig to the same volume by measuring levels at the Input stages and before the Master stage... or something like this. I'm no expert :)

Something like Fractals 'unity gain' feature? When different loud guitarsignals played over the same settings cause different outputvolumes, then there is no same volume for us all. Unity gain does not even out all volumes, how else could you play softer or harder on your guitar, all dynamics would go lost. When we can influence the resulting volume just by our playin, and all sounds have a different amount of compression, than a same volume for us all can not exist. We could get near for an average player with an average guitar...so someone needed to measure how this average loud player plays.

How loud a sound is depends also on the guitar's signal, mainly it's volume and it's frequency curve. Volume and curve depend on the guitar, it's strings, pickups, PUs, settings and position of the knobs and switches, and even the player. I guess there is no certain balance where everyone would be lucky with a new leveling.

That's already inside! All you got to do is to let the names of these rigs begin with the midi number. When you then click on sort by name they are all together in a sequence.

Like naming the presets 10 Simply Clean, 11 VHT3, 12 Crazy ......20 Even worse....29 Damit.....and so on and assigning midi numbers 10,11,12,20,29 to them.

You should then rename every 3rd party preset that had a leading number into something else to keep your new range free of other rigs.

That's what I do from the beginning and it works fine. Even when you massle a midi-assignment, no problem anymore, cause the rigs are easy to find again.

The good quality makes me thinking about how to mark them as stock profiles. Has been easy until now, rigs from 2011 are not from the download base and should be stock (if not anyone set his date wrong in the kpa, btw). But now these are kind of stock profiles or lets say stock quality, and they are somewhere hidden among the many rigs. Is there a way to rename rigs in a backupfile or in the shared folder wich works fast and easy? I'd like to set a + or - as first letter of the name to mark the new pack. Any ideas?

You will use bank up/down more often than the effect switches?

Me yes. Banks at five are a bit small and then I need a switch for the next five. I usually have the distorted preset twice, one louder and one lower since you can not influence the outputvolume from the guitar. But if there are doublefunctions on the presetbuttons, then the bank switches are less important and then it's less important wheter they are left or right.

This might be a valid point.
    Everybody: swap the 4 effects buttons and the two bank buttons?

Not for me. Would like to have them at the right side. Usually standing on my left foot while switching with the right, everything left and further up is harder to reach for me. CK: Have you ever thought about implementing control wheels (something like the e.w.s. subtle volume control)? Love them for little volumechanges.

Tried 6.0 and got to say it's great. Had fun and was mainly playing and less tweaking, that's new with the axe. Hmm, KPA still needs less tweaking to be ready. The axe got even more complicated with the new features, even more knobs now.

You bought all these beautiful amps and cabs, but you don't wanna buy mics, right? You know that's weird. But I feel the same. I have a bunch of amps, cabs, stomps and it didn't hurt me spending a lot of money for all that, allthough it is too much for only one player and there's a lot of things that never see a stage. I could take some profiles of my stuff, but still I have no good feeling about buying a highpricing mic. Leaning stuff has never been something for me. I want to own my gear. Why is that? ?(

Writing in this forum with an android tablet sucks. Any suggestions? Can I somehow activate direction buttons with the touch fingerboard? How can I force the cursor to come to the point where I touched the display? ?(

Hiss? That's odd. Have you checked the global eqs at the master section? I like how the kpa takes external stomps, so I wonder what went wrong with yours. I prefer the rig 'simply clean' wich works well with almost anything I have, must be around 20 ODs/Dists. When you want to lower the volumeboost that the ext stomp causes you can increase the gainsetting of the rig a bit, that will influence the sound of that rig basically too, but that's the same that you would have to deal with with real amps.

Maybe it's about the rigs you selected to play with live. The ones that sound full and fat at home at low monitoring levels are not the ones with the best dynamics and they are not the good ones to play live over a PA. You got to crank up the volume a bit at home to notice unwanted compression or loss of dynamics and highs to find out wich are the right ones. The best ones almost have no compresssion , lots of highs and presence and not much bass, the soundguy will love you ;) when you come on with the right ones.

The local 'experts' down here in SAfrica are going with Bayern to win, 2 -1.

Personally I'm going with Real Madrid to win it 1 - 0.

What's this got to do with the Kemper :?:
    Well, I'm playing my Kemper whilst I watch the game. :D

These local 'experts' are not just 'experts'. They are real experts!

Maybe I am getting you wrong, but you can restore the factory content in the SYSTEM menu with the "Factory Rigs" function (SYSTEM page 1/8, Softbutton 4).
    Timo

I know. And that's what I told some people here. Some don't read manuals, some don't try by theirself how to solve a problem, some are used to hang around in forums and search here. It's always better to have more than one source where you can find things.