Posts by Froschn

Radley: Did you ever try an external distortion unit, like Mi Audio Crunch Box or Suhr Riot or similar, with a clean preset? The feeling of that combintation is so real! I love how Crunch Box or Riot combine with the stock 'Sultan' preset.

Maybe you should 'unload' your guitars pickups with any external booster/EQ/something like that to make the combination of guitar, cable and input analogue again? Try some stomps when you have them lying around, maybe that the trick for you?

That's odd. Sounds l ike there is a button not reacting or any button rests in pressed position. Is there any button or knob that feels wrong when you press/turn it? Did you find a thread here in ghe forum about Armins recovery-site? You could try the described initialize step, holding button upper left above the dislay, and init in the memory menu.

I'm kind a rig messie, because I have more than 1,1K rigs on it. But I still am able to find my rigs fast and have did not lost the overview. How?

I have marked my favorites by adding a number to the name. Say I want the rig 'EVH2' as one of my favs and assign the midi number 012 to it...then I rename to '012 EVH2' too. That way I find all my midiassigned rigs as a sequence sorted by name. The ones with a midi number are easy to find, even when the midi assignment would get lost, I could play using the rig buttons.

When I make changes on one of them and still am not sure wich one to use with the band, I add an abcd an so on to the name, like 012, 012a, 012b. That way I know wich one is the mother and wich are the childs and I find these in the sequence of my fav rigs.

That will not replace any editor and I hope we get one soon. But as long as there is none, I'm happy to have my favs sorted by number.

It works well for me.

I'd frist try to boot again holding the system button. Rigs don't get deleted. (Hold the button long enough! After a while the display say that it inits or something like that). Global settings are reset to factory values afterwards!

Some more ways here, a list from the user Armin, not from the Kemperteam:

http://www.soundside.de/support/KPARecovery.htm

The last ways described contain deleting all rigs! I hope you have a backup of everything, so you can restore it.
    Factory rigs can get restored from the system menu. You don't need a stick for these, but for everything else.

Good luck and please tell us later what did the trick!

We had a few bugs before where they forgot to program a display where you would have to click on 'done' or 'ok'. Although the accordings button were active they just were not displayed. Done or ok are usually the buttons directly above the display, next time you get the errormessage you could try to push these buttons, as a guess, maybe that helps.

Hi! I'd like to have level meters where you can see how much headroom is left before clipping at the points where it could be caused, ampblock, cabblock, fx-return and finally at the master. Coloured LEDs are nice, but not that accurate and they can become useless when you play on a stage with coloured lights.

I guess farfield is something that the kpa is just not bulit for. It's not recording sounds, it's meassuring parameters of sounds. It can not capture something unexspected and works only for things that the programmer allowed to be meassured.

Why does everybody think CK is sitting at home and is drinking beer all the time? We had an update every two weeks. That's so great, unbelievable! If he knew a simple and fast trick to improve the whole sound he would implement that. Anybody thinking that he has a reserve that he just holds back and hides from us? Absurd! Thank you CK for your hard and steady work! :thumbup:

I guess you can upload the rigs and edit the tags online, then reimport them to your kpa, that way you wouldn't need to use the kpas knobs to write the tags. You can save them as your private content first and then make it visible for the community after the editing is done.

Complicated wish, so I guess they would never do that. One or two knobs to change the behavior of the gainknob could do something similar but would not cause the need to profile all amps once again.

I have marked my favorites by adding a number to the name. Say I want the rig EVH2 as one of my favs and assign the midi number 012 to it...then I change the rigs name to 012 EVH2 too. That way I find all my midiassigned rigs as a sequence sorted by name. When I like a rig but haven't finally tweaked it yet, I put the number 200 before it's name. That way I can easily find these rigs sorted by name. Think about it. It works well for me.