Posts by ajs

Yeah, that's the one. I hear no difference between analog and digital outputs. I presume two would be needed for reamping but I don't do that so don't know. There's a checkbox in the BF software (cant remember where, I presume prefs) to sync the unit. The sync light on the BF will be constant green when properly sync'd.

KPA/Babyface here. If you google Linkfor bi directional toslink/coax convertor you'll find the unit I use. Plug and go, no issues so far but it is quite new. I somehow lost my old convertor (can't recall what it was) so had to buy a new one. After a few hours of research the linkfor seemed to be liked by all kinds of users including a Kemper user. Way back I bought some of those plastic silver/gold units which are all over eBay. One of 'em failed pretty early on so I wouldn't recommend those.

Old school engineering would have it mono and dry, just the basic building block. Also old school is if it sounds right it is right. Since we're now in new school dystopia I recommend stereo effects to the max and recording only that which doesn't sound right at all.

Hey folks,

I'm selling this speaker unit. I had planned to use it for a series of gigs but circumstances changed and they never materialised. I'm mostly a recording player/songwriter so the next live appearance might be in a decade. :)

It's had only a few hours use and only in a couple of domestic environments so it's as new.

Looking for £450. It's parked in Aberdeen, Scotland. I'll cover the first £10 of shipping. You can see it *link below* with an added bonus banana for scale, it really is dinky! Powerful, though, a fine 300 watts of clean grunt. I managed to frighten almost everyone who was nearby, which is always a plus, I find. :D

Cheers,

Andy.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/othe…tarmodeler-amp/1299320157

I bought these around a year ago thinking I'd get fancy with some footwork but I've discovered I'm resolutely old school and use only one patch on the Kemper when playing live! :) Consequently they've never been used outside of home use so are as new condition.

Comes with all the bits - two long MIDI cables, soft bag, boxes, and I'll include two short MIDI cables and one short USB cable so it's up and running from the off.

UK based. New price for both is around £360. I'm looking for £260 including shipping.

When you profile are you doing it as a distorted amp or a clean amp? I've had different results with each.

Clean sound with the clean algorithm, distorted for all the rest. I've tried using the clean for crunch sounds but it defaults to distorted algo as intended.

I'm back to some truly terrible post refined profiles today. My toaster may be toast.

It seems to me that your Fender clone has some multiple gain stages which Kemper can't reproduce well. How much gain did you use?

It's a Headstrong Princeton clone, and very lovely it is indeed, but only one volume control and that's it! Any gain stage issues will be at the mic pre/Kemper return and although The Kemper will alert me as to too low or too high a return level I'd much prefer a meter I can read.

My levels are lower now but I can't quite get my head around that being the issue if the pre refined profile sounds pretty much as it should.

It's still Mrs. Gremlin, her doctors have her on some pretty robust drugs but I suspect she mixes them with her son's MDMA for added fun. Her dancing isn't what it once was.

Yeah, I refine alright, lots of chords and widdles, lots of dynamics, and since it was disintegrating I just kept going. It got worse and worse.

The good news is I probably don't have to inconvenience you folks by erasing the internet since I rebooted, redid gains and it seems to be OK now so I'm blaming Mrs. Gremlin from next door.

Hi Paul, I am storing pre refined profiles but I feel cheated! :)

And for sure this shouldn't be happening but I can't see where I'm getting it wrong.

And so to the fix all, switch everything off and on again and reconfigure my gain structures.

More later...

(unless it's far too embarrassing in which case I will delete the internet not just my account)

Hi there,

Kind of strange.

I'm profiling a Fender clone. All my gain structures are fine, the profile sounds about right post profiling but as I play and refine it disintegrates into a nasty muddy mess and that's what gets saved if I save it.

The clean profiles seem to function OK, it's just showing up during crunh/distortion profiling

Any ideas?

I'm on the latest beta OS.

Cheers,

Andy.

FR10 here. It's a little 'bright' for my ears but easily tamed with EQ on the way out of the Kemper. The HF driver does have noticeable self noise (hiss) in a quiet environment but that disappears in any kind of rehearsal or live setting and thankfully doesn't get louder as the level is increased. The absence of a cooling fan is appreciated. All in all it's a great, lightweight box of amplification tricks, I'm very happy with it.

They HATE it over at Gearslutz. With a passion. You'd think it was the worst update of the century. It's perplexing. It's got some differences but nothing so far breaking it for me. The new possibilities seem crazy good.

I flew around V3 for years. Then they dropped V4 and removed almost every key command I use. It took me nearly a week to do what I was able to do in V3 in a few hours and despite looking for any newer, more useful routines and ways to work I found none and quit in frustration. Now I'm reluctant to even open it again.

CLR looks good, proper marine ply but that probably makes it fairly heavy? I was a little surprised when I recently paid attention to all those little PA cabs in the shops today that most of 'em are plastic. A friend has one of them he keeps in his man-cave for vocal duties. I tried my K one day but it sounded pretty awful and was way too hissy a unit to live with, hence my concerns.