Posts by ajs

Didn't I read somewhere that a higher bitrate was planned? I'd be surprised that it's set at 44.1 and is intended to stay there.

Yes, it's my opinion that most pro recordings are made at 44.1, and that opinion is based on it being true! :)

Personally I prefer 88.2 or 96 but it's a lot more tricky and sometimes impossible to work that way meantime.

The vast majority of pro recording is still happening at 44.1 so I don't see that being limited to that (meantime!) is much of an issue for many. If there's a problem with a system being externally clocked from the Kemper then the problem is with the system not the Kemper.

Is there something else I'm missing here?

Ehhh...I've no idea who you are, Scott, or what any of this is about but I'll assume you're a nice guy who's kind to small children and animals. I have to say, though, I find your presence here pretty strange in that you seem to be here to carry on some vendetta or other from another message board and it all looks a little deranged from where I'm sitting, not to mention tedious and somewhat rude.

Maybe you guys who are involved in this minor car crash can take it somewhere else?

The KPA looks like something from a 50's horror movie. Art deco, bioshock and space monsters! Hell yeah! I'll wait for the 19" though. haha.

You're wrong, WRONG!

Green is the new black and toasters are the new racks!

FACTS! And I and thirty other KPA owners are going to hound you across seventeen continents and fifty seventy thousand website chat rooms to prove that your experience is WRONG! :P

The Axe sounds are bogus?

I've never seen that written anywhere except now, here.

I'd likely be considered an 'anti AxeFX' guy, though, but it sure didn't start out that way. I was keen to know more and perhaps try/buy it.

I watched tons of clips and didn't like any of 'em! Woe betide anyone mentioning that online, though, lol.

"You can't tell anything from a clip online!" was shouted at me by quite a few. Is that so? Maybe you can't but I've been playing, writing, recording, and sometimes producing for well over thirty years and I've made plenty of decisions based on far worse clips than an mp3 online.

Then I get assaulted with drivel like "You're obviously an old tube head, there's no changing you!"

Sure. A cupboard filled with digital toys and a studio based around computers since the early 80's clearly identifies me as too old school for the Axe! :D

The fan! The dreaded fan! I happened to mention that a noisy fan wasn't going to work for me and was met with laughter "You'll get used to it!"

No, I won't get used to it at all, I have a very quiet music room and it's taken a fair bit of effort and time to get it that way.

I read some horrendously condescending things at the Fractal board, and some of those from the boss.

I found as an outsider peering in a quasi religious zealotry too. That never goes down well with me. I also found a strange siege mentality like it was a David vs Goliath moment for the precious, hallowed Axe users. That's all obviously over dramatising things but it was noticeable.

And all the time I kept hearing excuses ..the fan's not so bad…don't trust the clips you hear…not everyone is arrogant….…you have to get it under your fingers to know….it's a game changer, just buy it….

They're all excuses and the psychological effect of them is and was to undermine what I already know to be true for me…that the fan IS an issue…that clips DO tell me what I want to know…that I DON'T need to get anything under my fingers to know if it's going to work…etc.

I had my name of the euro list when II was announced but between then and the SEVEN MONTHS it took for my name to show up on the radar I'd lost interest.

So…I've no idea if it sounds bogus or not since I gave up before finding out! If I found anything bogus it was how I ended up feeling as a potential customer.

Plus...the name "AxeFX" reminds me of big hair and spandex and the unit itself looks a Roland synth module from the 80's :D

OTOH I watched one clip of the KPA and bought it.

"Main page" being the main Kemper site not the forum.

Oh..and the serial is on a sticky label on the underside and you might need a magnifying glass to read it, heh.

Hmm, my drugs are interesting today!

I'm not party to most of this weird Axe vs Kemper stuff which seems to have accompanied my purchase of the Kemper but from here it looks like a rat has sneaked onboard and is causing some alarm among the ladies.

:P

Are there any of us who don't get this issue happening when profiling? I surprises me they haven't been able to recreate it. I've had both the loud/distorted issue (and it's LOUD) and the DSP error message fairly regularly.

Tsk!

It's in the small print:

If you even apply a single screwdriver to the KPA The Kemper Swat Team will be scrambled and your knees will be history.

Your call, guys...

Get tuner data on the display of the midi footcontroller

Ah.

You young things and your modrin teknologiez.

Next you'll be telling me you do this weird thing in front of other ppl.

:D