Posts by Profiler

it CANNOT be called an AXE FX III.... (thats next month)... there are ONLY TWO PROCESSORS... and if you don't find that funny... we'll you might need a sense of Humour... which some people don't really have.

Especially if you just bought the FX II non XL jiggery pokery thingumajig that will undoubtedly sound different to the 'old' FX II and costs more (so it MUST be better) ho ho ho.

Thankfully I'm in Kemper Wonderland.

:) LOL

Agreed, every product needs every sale it can get.
    2013 has been a much bigger year for Kemper than 2012, the 8 - 10 week back order confirms that.

That's a great achievement and I sincerely trust that it is because of the demand of the product (which I don't doubt particularly). But I did wait historically for weeks for another more expensive product. Upon investigations of that, I was informed that they had 'case supply problems' and that was the cause of extended delays for that product at that time.

But I still look at it like this, Its not really the backorders that are hyper important, its more the lost sales to other equipment that you can't get back once the buyer decides to buy something else. That potential buyer may be swayed by such things as editor/librarian software as an inclusion of that aspect of product choice. I noticed a couple of entries just lower down the guy said, no software editor/librarian then he would consider other equipment that does have it. I'm sure as a manufacturer Kemper want to sell as many units as they can AND retain every single client forever - I know if it was my business plan that I would - it makes commercial business sense. The BEST customers are the ones you already have... easiest to sell to and because the product is what it is, you can't really go anywhere else once you own one (except to sell it). That's a great business model.

Long Live Kemper :)

Frankly I'm only interested in this KEMPER forum and never understood how those 'other products' are so prevalent on here except maybe some users who dumped them.

But as far as the editor/librarian goes, and the initial comments, I saw that basically it was something like 'well how long does it take to....' etc.

My answer to that is it takes far longer than on a simple tube amp. The editor and/or librarian IS important to the Kemper product there is no doubt, especially with all those sounds (which is a major feature of the Kemper amp) to select, tweek, manage etc.

If you are a technophobe and can do it all of course you might say 'I don't need an editor/librarian' but of course, everyone is not like that. What drew me originally to the Kemper was the sounds, what looked to be simple operation (and some of it is) and the price which was typically near half the price of its main competitor at the time.

The Editor/Librarian missing for sure WILL deter some buyers from buying a Kemper. Myself, I would like on but if its not there then Ill wait - I already have the amp - but of course NEW potential buyers don't and editor/librarian/something else might sway the prospective buyer.

My view is therefore what it has been for a while... not whether you would buy one now or sell one now, but would others be put off buying a Kemper because that software is not yet available.

The Kemper product needs every sale it can get, I don't think anyone would disagree with that right? And I'm sure that Kemper themselves would agree with that statement. So, the sooner the software is available the better.

Chow. :)

Don't worry about it... that forum and some others I could name are what they are... the fact is, when people hide behind funny names, don't say (or disclose) their names and addresses etc then they can and do say anything they want. Its par for the norm on the internet.

So if they are aggressive leave. Its much nicer to tell them to swivel - you don't have to put up with any of it.

On the Kemper site the moderators appear to be doing a good job. And so they should because if you read the rules for the Kemper Forum they have an obligation to do so... right?

When you get harassed on a forum it's not actually very funny for the recipient, except to those childish idiots that either harass someone or actually allow the harassment to go on.

Everyone has a right to make their point of view known (thats what forums are for) and indeed every point of view is just as valid. Whether others think that point of view is right or otherwise does absolutely not give them the right to harass and bully the originator - or indeed ban you unless those views specifically break the rules or are racist or similar. But some forums break their own rules... daily.

My motto is leave them to it... they are sure they know best... ho ho ho ;)

It's all interesting stuff reading this thread right?

Well it is, if you are not one of the guys put out of a job because of the absolute flooding of the western world by very low cost products.

In the case of Behringer it IS low cost no doubt... but settle down, some Chinese stuff some 'manufacturers' (let's call them that) charge the earth for.

Think Apple, the wealthiest company in the world right?

They make them very cheap believe it or not and sell them for what most would regard as a very high price. Higher quality granted, but still Chinese and still putting many guys out of a job.

Like it or not that's the way it is. So next time you want to buy the cheap (or not so cheap) Chinese manufactured product think about the guys that end up without a job.

And the Chinese frankly could not give a damn.

The western world is far more mature, and to stay manufacturing on home soil costs one hell of a lot more money - ask Kemper themselves I'm sure they could make things cheaper in China.

Labour costs are far higher in the western hemisphere. But also sourcing parts costs far more money. I remember being in a Singapore manufacturing plant some years ago (I owned some of it) and purchasing were harassing a supplier for a discount of 1 cent for a capacitor... that difference made thousands of dollars difference to the bottom line. I never forgot that lesson.

Just an opinion of course. As it happens I like some Chinese made products and have even sold them, but for sure, the consequences are further reaching than you think.

Stay cool... and YES I do like Chinese Takeaways :)

After getting the KPA I sold all other modeling gear - and some tube amps - but still own a few amps - and love them.

How about you?

I currently have : Marshall JVM410HJS, Marshall JTM45, Road King II, Mesa Boogie Mark V, Tube Meister 36, Orange Jim Root No 4, DV Mark Triple 6 and a few others such as a Berman 501 from 1978.

Its a fact that Kemper is a great and unique instrument... but... those tube amps (at least for me with the Kemper and the amp in the same room) firstly feel slightly different when playing them (especially the MK V which is a world apart and much better I think) compared to the Kemper and I still feel that the tube amps win in tone and feel in real life next to the Kemper. So I won't be selling any soon.

I do sometimes sell the odd amp but not really because the sound is the same as the Kemper profile. I just need space LOL.

I also have a couple of other pieces of silicon based products that I will also keep as they have their own advantages in other ways. I do think that turning on a tube amp, setting up a tone (no time at all) and playing is for the most part a more enjoyable experience than twiddling knobs all day. But that's just n opinion and it IS subjective.

I did in fact sell the 'handbag' a while ago (had it since Jan 12) and updated (?) to a rack unpowered so I still think there's a need for the Kemper for me or I would have sold that instead LOL.

Actually it might be interesting to know how many guys sold their Kemper amps? I guess its the same question in reverse.

Nothing here is intended to devalue the Kemper amp in any way, everyone will have their own opinion. :)

I read the whole thread and the editor/librarian pops up a lot. That for me is a bugbear too because there is not one and as someone else pointed out lots of kit has that as standard (I think often at launch). But it's not a hate thing, the KPA is great no question with or without it.

I still think there should be a 'menu' map because when guys use my unit they don't easily find their way around so quickly... but again it's not a hate thing. I did raise that point before but it seems no one else has that issue... really? It can be frustrating having someone use the KPA and you have to keep repeating yourself many time to many different people re the menu system.

Indeed this thread appears to make more suggestions for improvement rather than 'hate' things by a long way. But maybe there are some 'hate things' (like the guy who had his crash and can't now trust his KPA) but put in his exact situation maybe he has a point.

I liked the introduction of the performance mode which was a long time coming and without that for such a long time (Jan 12) I often wondered if it would be coming any time soon or was just something that one day could appear if we were lucky. Thankfully it did arrive.

And the last thing that some guys might not like (it has not been mentioned on this thread unless I missed it) is the failure of the LED's around the knobs which seems a common fault reported on here many times. You might not like it too much if yours failed and the KPA had to be returned for repair - or worse - returned more than once.. if it has not happened to you then you might not see the 'hate' in that (again is that the right word). But that's just general comment really from what I read on this forum and hopefully the replacement LED's have offered a permanent fix. I would dislike the aspect of those LED's failing on my unit immensely.

So I think 'hate' is maybe for most guys a little strong... maybe 'dislike' is better.

Kemper does a great job of a unique product and I'm sure it will continue to get better over time... but that editor/librarian is getting a little long in the tooth for me too and it can be a dislike bearing in mind that Roland and others have them on some quite cheap kit.

So until it arrives (who knows when) enjoy the KPA - it's 1000 times better than when I first bought one in January 2012 ;)

Actually I like the program... its the first I've seen like it and it can be all to easy for some to criticise what is in fact a lot of work for the author.

These sort of programs are in my opinion what is missing from the Kemper. It would be nice to see official stuff and maybe that will appear one day? There is little spoken about it. There are few or none anywhere for librarian or editor style programs (even third party) and indeed competitive products to the KPA have them - even the so called 'cheaper' stuff often has great editing or librarian programs - some of the Roland stuff is very good.

I tried this program for a short while recently and while it is clear that Kerman needs more time to work on his effort and that its a 'beta' it still remains worth playing with and I'm sure that Kerman will improve the program accordingly in the coming weeks and months. ;)

They are selling these now in the UK through major dealers. GAK and others...

BTW the review I did was quite specific about Kemper Amps as a cmparison. I thought (and still think) the Kemper was in fact very different than the Multiamp and meets a different criteria of design and functionality... Kemper quality is there no doubt, but each of the two devices are quite different in their results - but both sound cool.

I thought the multiamp was great for the money and very easy to use.

But I have no intention of selling my Kemper Rack any time soon ;)

Cool, but I think I'll stick with the KPA, interesting though thanks:)

Well actually I did not really put this up on here to get anyone to buy one? Its more a case of seeing one so you have more info of what's out there...
    I found that you have to look really hard to find a decent review of that amp so I made one... ;)

Hi Guys,

I thought you all might like to see a review of the Multiamp from DV-Mark as they are thin on the ground really. I searched for a very long time and found little.

This review is both written and on YouTube as follows:

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTL1Q6A6U5c

Written Review: http://www.tonymckenzie.com/dv-mark-multiamp-review.htm

The Multiamp is a far different beast than the Kemper and does not really compete with the Kemper. But I think it does with other stuff out there.

One aspect of the Multiamp I liked was the 500w amp included in the price - and with a street price of around 1295.00 Euros that seemed good value for money.

Anyway, I hope you all like the two reviews and BTW the written review IS different than the video one.

Thanks

For Trade Mark Stuff... just ensure that on the page it says 'All Trade Marks Acknowleged' and that from my expeience with some massive company litigation renders that aspect useless to them... just thought I would mention it in case no one else did. At the very least that is the case in the UK. ;)

pooh, i do not sleep well these days.
    does anybody know what would be the cost of using a photo on a website
    if the artist lives in america. in germany you have to pay more or less the double
    sum of the sum you would have paidif you use it without permission. the photographer is german and me, too.
    so, is here german law or american law applicable. any pros on the forum?

In my experience I have seen 'Getty Images) (an American Company actually, charge about £1100.00 for that sort of thing, which they later negotiated down to £750.00... hope it helps...

I take it you've been looking around the net about this... there's a lot of people being pursued by this company.

Here's one site that a number of people have used to help them: http://www.extortionletterinfo.com/
    Looks like there's an active forum there as well. Like Lightbox says... seek some legal advice ASAP!

Imagine for a second how many people post pics on forums or on facebook. Something smells very rotten about this...
    Hold tight - it must feel bloody horrible but until you've got some proper legal advice the picture looks far from clear.
    At any rate - good luck with all this!

Unfortunately this is exactly how some companies bolster their coffers. Getty Images is a massive 'offender' of pursuing rediculous money... but they do 'negotiate' some times. But the figues that guy is quoting will unlikely be held up in court. Usually you compensate for losses and I can hardly see how he lost much.