Posts by Profiler

I did make it but could not stay too long on the stand really as I wanted to get some video stuff done and only had one day available for the show...

Thanks for the hospitality to anyone I met and apologies to those I missed.

Hi Don, sorry I don't have one, but as I also use website 'maps' to create websites they would work well - like a 'tree' style map - or even a logic map if you get what I mean...

Armin is EXACTLY right. Getty Images is the worst in the world bar no one for trawling the net for used images downloaded. They are ACTIVE in that direction because they generate massive income from that sort of thing (they are based in Ireland). I have seen it in my business life where one guy was sent a letter and it was a genuine error (his website developer included a copied image) called them to explain. No amount of explanation helped and he ended up with a bill for well over £1000.... they even charged VAT on the top! Getty Images never negotiated they just want the money.A company never to find yourself up against... they have more money to defend their property than the banks!

I noticed that many times in the forum that users cannot easily find various controls etc. in the menu system as it is added to or updated. There are many questions like 'where is' or 'how do I' often relating to the menus.

And I have seen many times (in some of the work that I do) a colour menu map that is used for similar situations so that users can very easily navigate a menu system directly to what they are looking for and of course for new users it is almost often a necessity.

It's just a suggestion, but if one of those existed I'm sure it would save lots of time for anyone who struggles with the menu system that is being added to all the time (in a good way). And it would be simple to update.

It would be nice to see any input on this subject because for newer users they might be put off from using the Kemper as it might seem daunting as the menus grow.

Personally I have always felt that the more complex equipment is for users to find stuff in menus then you could start to see what I call a 'twiddle' brigade (that means guys who prefer/or have to to mess with menus for 8 hours at a time rather than playing) as seen in some other equipment I could name.

So it's just a suggestion....

There have been many problems with win 10 and win 8 together. Ive used Microsoft stuff since 1982 and other than the 'millennium' OS they launched... (which cost me a drive full of data) I have to say that the win8/IE10 is absolutely the worst combination they have ever released. And IE10 really does misbehave an awful lot. Check the net and you will see thousands of issues including 'wont open when clicked' which is so painful Ive switched to other browsers.

Gret... Thanks Guiternet70 for that info.... then Ill be there :)

Hi guitarnet70 I have another question you might know the answer to...
    I can buy the tickets with an option for transport.... I will be in Hannover prior to the show (on the 10th) but do you know if its worth buying those tickets and would that ticket include train from Hannover and back?
    Its all a little vague on the messe site...
    Any advice is appreciated.
    thanks

Thanks Mr Kemper for the response.

Obviously without using a rack unit it is a little difficult to just assume its easier or harder to use in real life so to speak, but I did feel the rack would be a better choice for my needs... same sound of course.The buyer bought my white toaster today so it is choice time again. But I'm going to the Music Messe if I can crib my way in there on the 10th (the only day I can as I have other business in Germany much further north). If I get in I'll call around assuming you guys are there (which I guess you will be) and take a look at the rack.
    If I don't get in there (maybe because they might not let me in before 12th) then Ill order one in probably Thomann who have a policy of returns in case I change my mind back to the toaster ;-)I also would have liked to see stereo power on there, but that was not to be... so I'll be buying a none powered unit either way.I appreciate greatly that you have spent the time to reply and I am looking forward to getting either one or the other to replace the one I sold today so I could upgrade to a rack.Thanks. ;)

Well... I sold my Kemper toaster... but am seriously now thinking about getting another toaster instead of the rack. :(

I was under the impression (for some odd reason) that the rack was the same as the toaster all round... clearly not.

The rack fits what I want better (its a rack) but the loss of one thing or another makes me feel that maybe the rack was driven down somewhat by price at manufacture time and margins needed to get a rack for the same price as the toaster. :(

Surely they had enough 'room' for LED's? :(

It's sounding bit of a disappointment also with the loss of EASY controls without messing around all day inside with soft knobs etc. :(

Of course they might be doing things that we I am not aware of such as librarian or control software which could help with the rack I guess. :)

And there's always MIDI control? but I like 'easy' (as in knobs like on tube amps) much more than twiddling with menus all day... it reminds me of other kit where you spend all day doing that. Great if you like that sort of thing... I don't. :(

At least the rack will sound the same!

I considered the Powered rack too but mono only puts me out of the picture with that - not a choice when you have previously made the toaster work stereo in to 4x12 stereo cabs with an external power amp and that setup sounded great. :(

Hopefully these comments of mine are in the right place on here and my apologies if they are not....

Maybe it is back to a toaster... now where's my bread.... :)

Please note this is now sold... so I'm going to be re kemperised presently... I wonder if it hurts :)

Anyone know if the Rack with Power is stereo out or just mono?

Would be nice stereo.... I think I read mono somewhere on here but just checking... if it is mono I will probably get the one without the power amp in it...

I remember seeing Alvin Lee in the UK in 73. He really was as fast as you saw him at Woodstock and he made an impression on me that has lasted to this day. Alvin did do other styles of music too and he was surprisingly much more than 'I'm goin home' which really put him and his band on the map.

He really was a great player.

Contrast that with one VERY young new band called Queen (I'm sure you all remember the queen 1 album?) and I remember watching Brian May with that white gown on (looked like batman but could not fly :-)) physically shaking hard in front of the audience of less than 200 attendees at the same venue (but not at the same gig).

So Alvin Lee was like a rock god and very professional at that time... and just a few years after the beatles

RIP Alvin...