Posts by Profiler

I never really understood what the 'Axe-FX forum has to do with the Kemper Forum.

Quote '

It's interesting that in the AxeFx forum is a discussion about all this - with some 'answers':

Type of thing.

Honestly, I personally don't give a monkeys what other people think about the Kemper on some other forum. Of course they rip Kemper apart on that forum. That's simply the way they are over there. They would do that to anything that's better (or should I say threatens them in any way) and the kemper amp is absolutely no exception.

Don't bother trying to convince me otherwise and please... I really don't want anyone trying to convert me in to an axe-fx fanboy.

The fact is that Kemper know what's in the Kemper Amp and exactly how it's made, whether Kemper tell you is a matter for Christoph and his team. Competitors forums are exactly that.... competitors, and I suspect that Kemper simply is not in the business of telling competitors anything.

Simple business fact. ;)

And of course, it does not MATTER whats inside as long as it does the job - especially when it does as good a job that the Kemper Amp does.

Here is the info from the horses mouth at Thomann on the Midi Raider.

'We have just received notification that the expected delivery date on the Rocktron All Access 278468 you ordered from us has been pushed back to 05.11.2012 by our suppliers. We sincerely apologise for this delay but will of course get this order to you as soon as it arrives in. You'll receive an email or a text message when the order leaves here.'

Thats what they told me today....

I have one of the Rocktron devices on order with Thomann since 22nd August 2012. My latest is they have enough orders for what is 'coming in' and that they arriive on the 24th October (today). I have a large project for this pedal and the patchmate which Rocktron also make.

I remain to be convinced it will ship any time now. The site does not have it on there now. I have been let down twice by the supplier on this product. :(

We shall see. I am writing a review of the pedal, the patchmate 8, a Powerfilter from Samson, a Lexicon 300, an TC Electronics G-Force (second user), a G-Force Artist patch card, a BBE Sonic maximizer (rack unit stereo) and an AKG wireless true diversity unit running at 2.4Ghz.

This thread appears to be about the midi pedals so I just thought you guys might like to know about my wait for that darn Rocktron pedal.

I can buy the Kemper Amp for £1159 here in the UK (via Thomann) which is about £20 ($30) less than I paid for mine in January 2012, so I suspect most guys are reasonably correct about the exchange rate thing.

Although I would not put it past ANY dealer to jack prices upwards if they are having it more tough these days. The 'recommended retail price' is a guide price only. Im sure that while companies (I'm speaking generally here other than actual Kemper pricing I see) often price fix worldwide, I don't really see that with Kemper. Some other brands are awful for it. Roland being one of them.

I am sure a dealer can sell kit for whatever he wants, but I've never heard of anyone being told they cant sell above the recommended price. If theres no competition (a few select distros or worse - just one) like Mesa Boogie in the UK then the price can be silly. Often those sort of distros will try and justify pricing but nothing adds up.

I have not seen that sort of distro thing with Kemper products regarding pricing thankfully. Another great reason to buy one and recommend Kemper ;)

Ill see about crunch green but remember od1 and od2 are the same. Not at all like the original JVM.
    Its interesting to know that you had problems with the original real JVM. I did too, but some people who still have them don't actually like me highlighting what actiually cost me TWO of those amps.
    Anyway, if I get time ill look.... and make the profile...
    thanks
    tonym

AFD mode? This is the JVM410HJS Satch amp. Maybe you just meant satch amp (I think you did). Actually I did try the profiles quickly (I'm short of time right now) and it seemed an OK profile, but improved (or not) depending on the cab choice (as ever) I guess.
    The real amp (over the older JVM) is much improved. FYI I found channel 2 (the crunch channel) the best in the amp for me. Its not just crunch as we know it. The rest was either too clean or not as good as ch2. The ch2 profile I thought was better than the od channel results too.
    The 'shifted' sounds reminded me of the old od1 tones. But each user will like (or not) the profile its all subjective. But guys do let me know if you think these profiles are ok or not.

Thanks sheguitarplayer...

tony

Hi Guys, I just uploaded the Satch amp as follows:

1: Clean Channel on Green mode

2: Crunch Channel on Red mode

3: OD1 Channel on Red mode

4: OD1 Channel on Red (Shifted) mode

I used an SM57 in the end, with a 1960a Marshall cab with the mic offset centre and played relatively loud.

My ears are still ringing..... :)

Thats it for now and these are not on my kemperampprofiles site which Im thinking of scrapping altogether.

www.tonymckenzie.com

Well... Ive been working with some guys called the FocknRollers. These guys are an 'underground' band... so underground that you've never heard of them... neither had I!
    But in any case this guy Carless Sultana, talks about what he calls the 'hemper' emulator of emulators... It can be funny if you have a sense of humour and not if you are dead.
    It IS weird... but it's meant to be!

In any case I thought that I might share the trailer with you from youtube on their channel (just search for focknrollers and you will find their channel hosted by 'Brian Jones') - I think its funny at least...

Ive seen the whole movie and have to say it shows a tongue in cheek view of a rock band from Los Angeles and some of the things they do to get their 'sounds'. The 'hemper' is just one tiny segment
    of a one and a half hour movie.

Heres the link to the 'hemper' trailer http://youtu.be/caEhIa3D6kA They have a website www.focknrollers.com and the TV station is at www.wtacss24.com - Latest is always on their YouTube channel.

Anyone who finds it funny great... I did too, but if you don't like it... PLEASE... I don't really care or want to know. Its all intended as fun and should be seen as intended - a comedy excerpt from a movie.

I hope you guys like this as much as I did. It has been a great project Ive been on with others for many months in fact and no doubt some of you might not be able to wait for the final movie if you find this funny ;)

PS in the final movie the outtakes had me rolling for hours.... :)

I only suggested they sell/lease the process to a bigger company (with more resources) who could speed up the development process, which could go a long way in keeping Kemper at the front of this very competitive game.

Now that as a comment is well out of order.
    I am absolutely sure that Kemper are completely capable of developing their products with the resources that they have already. Too slow? Maybe for you.

But not for me.

I don't have the 'pressures' that you have and it seems that most others don't either. If you buy a newly developed product of the enormity that the Kemper amp really is, then common sense says don't play it in a professional position, someone who does that will undoubtedly come unstuck. And if you are not playing it in a professional position then why moan?
    My advice on that aspect is to play what you did BEFORE Kemper came along, let Mr Kemper enhance the product as it needs to be, and then use it when its good to go in a 'professional' environment of playing that you work in.

I have always felt that the Kemper Amp is an AMAZING product, from the very first time I plugged it in. And the issue of whether Kemper Amps as a company is 'too small' really makes me laugh at that comment. Kemper INVENTED the product. What a lame comment.

Sometimes the updates are 'slow' and sometimes they change things but that is the nature of software. Overall the Kemper that I still have today is substantially better than the one I received in January 2012.

Turning now to Forums:
    Well I have been on the receiving end of an owner at the FA forum. In my opinion on this thread on the Kemper forum (which is VERY different than what I suffered) I think Mr Kemper does have a very strong point about the never ending pressure to release software as fast as possible.

But I have ALWAYS felt that commenting as a CEO on forums can be detrimental to the operation of the company - and not just in this case or my experience with FA.

Ultimately, it could harm the company and in the case of Kemper Amps thats a bad thing. Many people tell me that in the FA case they agreed with me (I get emails all the time) but having a CEO commenting in ANY way in public (because thats what a forum is) that can be taken negatively can generate detrimental effects on the company and likely the exact opposite of what is intended.
    Trust me I know. I have been a CEO since I was 33. Its not a good idea to do it because no matter what you might say, someone WILL disagree in the subjective mind of the public at large.

Radley Hadley (I really cant figure his name) I dont know him but have read some his threads appears to stir things a little sometimes (but he also has raised some good points over time) and if you have a combination like that there will soetimes be things said between the parties where they disagree. In truth if they were standing in front of each other this would not happen, but the internet and wriiten word on there appears sometimes to distort the way many people think. Actually written communications of text like this are completely open to misunderstanding.

The worst part is that you can never take back later what you said - those words are usually there for a very long time.

Personally I have always found Mr Kemper a very helpful person, where even the forum rules (developed by Kemper) are very extended to stop the sort of stuff that goes on in other forums from happening.

Maybe on this occasion Mr Kemper was pushed hard, and its understandable. But offering to take the unit back is extremely pertinent and commensurate with the situation. No one could ask more!

But most of Mr Kempers comments are absolutely correct. I would have (had it been me) developed a different way ahead on the issues at hand and solved them with Radley/Hadley maybe in other ways.

Expecting Mr Kemper to make comments on the Forum I think is not the best idea around but usually Mr Kemper is a perfect gentleman, as in this case I think.

The Kemper amp remains THE ONLY PRODUCT OF ITS KIND, and one that those other boys are now 'emulating' (yes the kemper is THAT good) and trying to get right with just 200 button presses where as the kemper works with just about 4 or 5 and sounds better too.

So maybe Radley, get serious and retract that last comment... its below you dude. Im sure Mr Kemper will accept your appology as any CEO would.

Time in this life is worthy of better than your comment, which in reality (remember that) should be commending Kemper for their achievements positively, in a way which, if you were Mr Kemper, you would expect.

OK, based on other posts I see that you are indeed Tony McKenzie. Many thanks for your original Dumble profile. It's the source of my two favorite rigs. :love:

No Problem... I had a few names on here with Quantico being another one for some odd reason :)
    In any case it is me yes.... I did not get time this last weekend but will put it up here as soon as I can...

Like I said no disrespect. I stand by my words as I asume you do.

How's the poll going? You should have given more options. ;)

Hey I did like your video of the Kemper. Did you take it apart any more?

I understand...
    Seems there are not many anyway listening... so... the poll cant work without entries :)
    A pity really....

No I did not really bother to strip it again. The problem is a time thing usually for me so I never get round to 'take 2' :)

I am usually pushed for time depending on whats going to be reviewed by me. What happens (usually) is first a short (sometimes lond) video and then the real review which takes a long time to do really for my site.

It is all enjoyable though, opening a new bit of kit and then looking at it in the hard light of day every way I can but NOT from the brochures and stuff like that which I find usually very biased.

Its not that easy actually with some equipment.. and opening the KPA was a semi failure on my part but I did not want to stop it working :) or there would have been no review so I have to balance what I do.

Most other stuff opens up easily but the KPA was much harder. If anyone does get one completely open let me have the pics and ill include them in my review...

Anyway.... thanks for your input and I understand your views. (I must get round to making you change your ways :) )

T

Sorry wrong place to get your music listened too. If you recorded it with the KPA yes I would listen. Remember this is a Kemper forum. I know,I know, it says "link your music".But, if everyone did that you know how flooded this forum would be?
    No disrespect to your music i'm sure it's great. Now record it with the KPA. :)

No. In a word... I released these as professional recordings on two albums and have no intention of re recording them 'just for the kemper' demonstration approach.
    The sector of the forum clearly indicated share your music and thats what I did. If you feel this section is only for 'kemper' music you should bring it up with the administrators.
    Me... I did what it says on the tin :)
    I'm sure Ill record with the Kemper Amp but I don't really think theres anything wrong with putting this up here... its more than many contribute I think. But Im biased I suppose :)
    In any case I am not criticising your input just balancing the view ;)
    But I'm sure that even Kemper Amp users listen to music not created only on kemper amps so I reckon its in the right place...