Posts by Profiler

Hey Elfredo... thats a pity.

Sure there are OS updates to extend the basic original OS supplied at release date, but I dont know of a single 'digital' product that does not get those....

In any case, you tried it and it's not for you. :(

But honestly, I don't really believe that the KPA has a 'high price' for this level of product... reason being, that if you were to typically buy just one of those top end tube amps that the KPA replicates so well, its likely you would have spent more than this device costs by far - and the KPA can handle hundreds of really cool sounds.

Many boxes out there have just a few 'killer' sounds and the rest just fill the box with rubbish... which means in reality that in those cases price per 'sound' can be really high. But if you use say just 100 sounds (and they really are in there by default - adding your own simply makes those sounds an even larger sound base to work from) then in my case the cost would have been just £11.70 per sound... and thats a real bargain. Add more amps from profiles on the forum and down comes the price per sound dramatically which in my opinion really makes the unit a veritable bargain longer term.

I can honestly say that apart from one 'odd' noise from the KPA I have never had a crash, burn or anything else happen to mine but I have read on this forum that some guys have 'suffered' badly from that. Clearly you are one of them - but maybe it could have been a faulty unit? I would have certainly spoken at length to the Kemper support team about my issues and problems. And I would have expected definitive answers. But maybe they could not be solved to your satisfaction at this time.

At least you gave it a go and I guess it did not work for you and thats all anyone can ask of any potential user.

Sorry it did not work for you and good luck in finding a replacement that works for you.

There's only one thing that matters about the Kemper Amp.

That's the way it sounds. Not the processors, the colour, how it looks, whats really inside or anything else.

Never forget that the Kemper product does what every other product in this sort of style would love to do no matter what the hardware is.

It's that simple. You don't need to look any further than the Kemper profiling amp for the best SOUND there is of this type of product...

As Metallica might tell you 'Nothing else matters'...

So why not close off this awful thread and enjoy the best product in the world - the KPA.

Trust me - you will be the better for it.

I recently bought a Behringer 2u PA amp as a test for the Kemper Amp. I also used a Vintage Modern 4x12 with speaker sim off.
    This setup allowed me to run the Kemper in 'stereo' mode as the Vintage Modern (Marshall) allows that. The Behringer was over 100w a side and I run it no more than 30% as thats all I need.

It works fine and with a setup like that the sound is just like (or very nearly) the same as the host amp in real life.

I have not run 'stereo' since the days of my TriAxis rig, but the Kemper is great sounding this way through a speaker cab. You could gig it easily. The Behringer was about £180.00 but I could have bought a 1U (much lighter) for about £110.00 all from Thomann... not the cheapest but still good.

[Blocked Image: http://www.tonymckenzie.com/Site/images/latest_images/kemper-amp-and-behringer.jpg]

and the connections:

[Blocked Image: http://www.tonymckenzie.com/Site/images/latest_images/kemper-amp-wiring-to-4x12.jpg]

Hope it all helps.....

Yes I do have those amps and will (eventually) get round to profiling them.

Heres the current list (but it does change from time to time):

Splawn Nitro
    Ceriatone Overtone HRM (check www.overtonehrm.com ) showing how I built it
    Marshall JTM45 (a rebuild but sounds exactly the same as the real deal)
    Engl E670
    Mesa Boogie Road King II
    Marshall YJM100
    V30

Cabs:
    Marshall 4x12 Vintage Modern
    Engl 4x12
    Marshall 1960a (my favourite cab for rock)
    Marshall 1960b (used on the YJM100)
    Marshall 2x12 2061cx (used with 2061 Marshall)
    Marshall 1960AHW Original Style 4x12
    V30 2x12 cab with 2 x Tone Tubbies installed

You could say I like Marshall cabs and amps :)

And I have the Divided by 13 FRS37 (I think that was the model name) profile - only one setting I'm afraid.

I do also from time to time either gain or lose amps depending on my view at a given time but for no real reason except that when I review a product sometimes I'll sell it later and sometimes not.

It's so expensive to keep buying kit and I have to buy everything so it can be a bit of a financial bind sometimes.

But then I guess thats why any review I write does come from a user. I'm not always right but I know from those reviews that many guys do like them.

Oh one thing from reading all these comments...

THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH FOR RUNNING A FORUM IN A WAY YOU SHOULD ALL BE PROUD OF.

And thanks for those kind words...

Anyone who has not visited any of my sites might just want to see one or two:

www.tonymckenzie.com
    www.splawnamps.co.uk
    www.engl-amps.co.uk
    www.overtonehrm.com

and there are more... but I forget most. Theres probably something on there for most guys one way or another and I developed it to HELP people.
    Lastly my youtube channel is: www.youtube.com/tonymckenziecom

When I get those profiles done I promise to come back and put them on this forum.

Now don't hold your breath for me to be on the forum daily, unfortunately I have to earn a living so I can buy and review kit (what a great job within itself)... but I promise to come back and contribute when I can.

Welcome to the other guy who you all spoke about too - I'm glad to hear he made the right choice.
    Once again, thanks and don't forget....

Play it Loud.... You KNOW it makes sense :)

Tonym

I don't usually spend time on forums... but actually this forum has some very good management and policies that I think will make this a 'better' forum than most... (we shall see) anyway some will have heard of me before and some will not.

My name is Tony Mckenzie from tonymckenzie.com.

I recently wrote a review of the Kemper Profiling amp and was pleasantly surprised with the Kemper... it actually does what it says on the tin!

Anyway, enough of the Kemper for now... here's a little more about me.

I'm getting older all the time like everyone else - just like you, but I still like playing guitars, amps and all that other god stuff.
    When I developed my website some time ago I decided to try and write reviews that might help new users or musicians that might want to see what a 'first time' user of the kit might want from it. So I started writing them (no one else did). I was fed up with reviews by many manufacturers dealers and the like reviews that often only showed half the story. While I do get rubbish from some for writing my reviews, the vast majority of people who contact me thank me for my work which actually costs me lots of money, with ZERO return.
    I never made a bean from reviews or my website contrary to some who actually know less about me than what I have written here.
    But in any case, if just one guy benefits from what I do then its really worth the effort? right?

So, here I am, a registered owner of the Kemper Profiling amplifier, which is a modern marvel if ever there was one. I'll still be keeping my tube amps :) but if you have played those as long as I have you might too.
    But the Kemper remains a masterpiece in a sea of often overpriced inferior products. Only the OS is lacking right now, but thats on its way embelished I'm sure.

I'll be keeping mine.... alongside those hot tubes :)

So as long as I get some 'respect' from users on this forum I'll stay, and if not then I guess the forum would fall in to the also ran of the worst of the internet. Let's hope its all positive as it should be, and let this forum be what it needs to be.... a platform for real help to Kemper amp users...

Was any of that about me as an intro which this post is about? You bet it was....